LADIES FREE Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

artsciboy

On the Ice
So I see overall Alissa is down in 17th place before Mao's score, and with 5 more scores does that mean she will finish 22nd? :confused: Okay, that means Ashley has to finish 6th for two spots, right?

No. All skaters 16 and lower are assigned "16" points. Ashley only needed to finish 12th for their to be 2 spots.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ashley will just make the cutoff because 22+6= 28, which means 2 spots next year. The USFSA owes her big time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
No. All skaters 16 and lower are assigned "16" points. Ashley only needed to finish 12th for their to be 2 spots.

Oh, okay, thanks, scratch what I said. :)

Still, I don't think anybody should be given 16 points, let the chips fall where they may. Jmho.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Violin Concerto by F. Mendelssohn

2nd after SP

3Lz - "e"
3Lo
3F - twofooted
LSp
FSSp
ChSp
3T+3T
3F+1A+SEQ
1A
SlSt
3S+2Lo+2Lo
CCoSp

Some mistakes, is it enough to stay ahead of Wagner?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think Ashley will podium! Chances of Ksenia finishing above her are almost zero; with the two sincled axles Murakami shouldn't either. Wow wow wow :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not sure how I'd score that skate from Kanako. She had a great 3-3 in the middle of her skate, but lots of little errors.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Kanako is awesome and never runs out of energy! She's going to do her 3/3 in the second half… and her 3 jump combo as her second to last move! Too bad about those two popped axels, though. They're going to cost lots in points.

icefan1005

Rinkside
I think it's a huge accomplishment that Mao was even able to compete the rest of this season after her mother's death. Yes, this was not her best, but I do believe she has it in her. I think she needs two really great programs next year with dynamic music (although not the drudge from her Olympic year) and she will be back!

I agree. I don't know if she should stay with Sato though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nope she's behind Ashley. That mean Ashley will be at least 5th.