Men Free Skates | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

Serious Business

Record Breaker
lol Under rotation calls of the day: Patrick Chan and Denis Ten's half loop in their 3z/1l/3s combo got an UR call (Patrick doubled his 3s, Denis' 3s also got a UR). I guess it really is a half loop now.

Daisuke got an UR on his 3flip of all things, which is normally his best jump. But he didn't get an UR call on anything else, despite what I and others thought.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick has better SS, TR and CH. PE & IN can go to Daisuke. Daisuke NEEDS to improve his technical elements, otherwise he won't keep up with Chan and now Hanyu, who are brillant at their technical elements when they execute them well.

I agree with this. Chan and Takahashi DEFINITELY better watch their backs!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I felt it could have been closer, but I'm just happy most men borught it!

Perhaps Nice 2012 will turn out alright afterall...

lavender

Record Breaker
I think it was a bit rude of the audience to boo Patrick during the kiss-and-cry interview. They didn't really bother to applaud him either except at the end.....I feel bad b/c it should be the judges that deserve the booing!

They certainly booed at the wrong time. I like Chan's skating overall and it's not his fault. I don't want him to be booed and made to feel bad.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I think it was a bit rude of the audience to boo Patrick during the kiss-and-cry interview. They didn't really bother to applaud him either except at the end.....I feel bad b/c it should be the judges that deserve the booing!

That's the way they have to show those judges how unfair was the FS result.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Yuzuru just looks happy beyond words!! :) He's soaking up the love of the audience!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They certainly booed at the wrong time. I like Chan's skating overall and it's not his fault. I don't want him to be booed and made to feel bad.

I agree. Just because Chan doesn't move my soul doesn't mean he doesn't deserve respect for being such a hard working champion who has learned to be a much more consistent competitor and you've got to respect all of the difficulty in his programs!

Leonardo

Final Flight
I agree. The booing is very poor sportsmanship. Everyone knows that Patrick is the best skater in the world.

Except those people watching live and so many members here? Maybe he is the best in the world, but he wasn't the best on the FS here. Now they are booing the judges.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Spain still qualifies 2 spots Javi finished in top 10.

yes, I mistyped it
Spain gets 2

1 spot for China should be given to Han Yan !
1 spot for Russia give it to Zhenya ! :yay:

ETA: A wake up call for the judges
It was just a matter of time before they will notice it
stop being generous, Chan is no better than Hanyu !

treeloving

Medalist

I totally agree, if audience are not sastified it's judge not Patrick to deserve the boo.

Even I don't agree with his PCS (compare to Dai) I admire him for having a great nerve.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Chan deserves this if it wasn`t for the slip at the end there would be no question, dai did not land his quad clean and hanyu also had a lapse in concentration.

Nadine

Record Breaker
My final thought:

Canada, Japan, and Russia have the Olympic Medals locked up without a doubt. That's the honest to God truth. They have the best skaters. But I'm trying to decide which one will win the Team Event? Japan has a slight edge, also they've been putting on this other type of team event for the past two years or so, but then Canada & Russia are equally good. So the only thing I'm sure about is that gold, silver, and bronze is between those three, but unsure of what order.

Americans are dead. This Worlds solidified the nail in the coffin. It's a New World Order, and has been for some time now. Fact. After the 2014 Olympics (crossing my fingers & praying that Zhenya is able to compete) I'm not going to watch American skating any more. As I've always said these past two years I only came back for Zhenya. :cool:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Well, boo patrick, boo you. boo boo boo.
Judging is so nuts. FS is done. After Dai's performance, I want to see straight 6.0 for artistic mark. Now it's 85.293 or whatever.
And then after Chan's performance, I want to see 5.6 5.7 with the Canadian judge giving 5.9 or 6.0. Now it's 90.99. Urgh. Doesn't make any sense and math is my favorite subject.