Men Free Skates | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

Becki

Medalist
YEEEEES! This is the first time this season Hanyu has managed to complete the 3sal at the end of his FS (he would usually do all the other jumps but double that one!). This time, he did all his jumps! Freak fall I blame on the bad ice in Nice. Mega bravo to Hanyu!

OMG DAT SCORE! Even his coach is crying! What a moment!

When he did that, I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR HIM!! left me in tears....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well Yuzuru has answered his critics, just fabulous! I think that score will be hard to beat. Good for him.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After the high passion and emotion conveyed by Abbott and Hanyu, it's nice to have some comic relief and fun from Contesti. I don't know if my emotions could have handled more overwhelming and expressive beauty.

Becki

Medalist
Your other wish already come true right ;), may be this wish will come true as well.

Podium or not, I don't mind anymore seeing him skated like this.

SO HE IS GOING TO BE IN TOP 5. All that praying in the Yuzuru thread helped!! yeaaaaaaa i am going to buy myself a cake tonight ^^

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Samuel CONTESTI (ITA)

Music: La vie en rose by Edith Piaf
Ca gaze by Fony Murena
Valse a mille temps by Jacques Brel

11th after SP

3A
3F
3Lz
CCSp - slow
CCoSp
CiSt
3A+2T+2T
3Lo
ChSt
2A
3S+3T - stepout
3T+2A+SEQ
FSSp

Solid performance, he seems happy

Layfan

Record Breaker
good for Samuel but I think the suspender pull is my least favorite trick of the season.

And Contesti gives a jumping clinic. Way to go! Such a charming program too. That was great!

I love this sport. Hanyu throws it down and totally wins the crowd, and then Contesti comes out and makes them fall in love all over again.

Becki

Medalist
I hope Yuzuru medals!

I hope he does too! But a top 5 finish is good enough for his first worlds.

I was so tense and nervous during his performance, I couldn't enjoy the beauty of it. He successfully lands one jump, and I am so nervous about the next. Pheww....glad that's over. I have to learn to be less emotionally invested in his performances!

Poodlepal

On the Ice
What's wrong with Jeremy and Adam? I thought they were bad, but then after Yuzuru skated, I thought they were REALLY bad. Let's hope the US never has to send those two again.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hanyu is a future World champion. Maybe he will be the one to challenge Chan in Sochi.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I didn't watch Contesti, but the replay shows he did great! :) I like this routine, and both him & Kevin Van Der Perren are showing the old guys still have it. :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow his free skate ties with Jeremy. But Jeremy's margin from the SP keeps Contesti behind him.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's wrong with Jeremy and Adam? I thought they were bad, but then after Yuzuru skated, I thought they were REALLY bad. Let's hope the US never has to send those two again.

There's no way you can compare most skaters in the world to Hanyu. He is a phenom, MUCH BETTER than Chan was at the same age. If Jeremy continues on from this event and wins Nationals, there's no way the US can deny him his Worlds spot, as the US champ is guaranteed a berth to the team. Same with Rippon if he were to win Nationals.

Last edited: