Men Free Skates | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

periperi

On the Ice
Too bad about Brezina.

I'm happy for Takahashi and Hanyu!!! Congrats for medalling!

Go Patrick!

Nadine

Record Breaker
No European on the medal stand, almost an all Japan sweep. :cool:

Japan is thee powerhouse in skating, has been since Shizuka Arawkawa, they should be proud. :bow: Now if only Mao & one of her compatriots can get on the medal stand later on. :love:

Chan sets a new world record.

Becki

Medalist
Okay....so

Gold: Chan
Silver: Takahashi
Bronze: Hanyu

I am happy and content with the results =]

Art&Sport

Medalist
Technical score was fair, but only 85.78 in PCS for that program?!

Yeah, but the marks under IJS are truly just so unrealistic, random and unpredictable. The excitement anyone feels is just being generated by the energy, desire, and courage of those skaters (like Dai) who geared up enough to be able to show the heart that is in them. Once again, the IJS and the quad are ruining this sport. I love Jeremy's heart and fight too (but unfortunately he's a bit too fragile). Jeremy made great strides this year, but when you have the programs, you've got to deliver them. Jeremy is so much better than so many of the guys in front of him.

And I agree that Dai was a bit low-balled in scoring of his fp -- leaving room for PChid most definitely.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Medusa said:
I am a little disappointed with Dai's PCS. I just think for this brilliant program, jumps out of nowhere, part of the music, the jumps actually go with the music, all of Dai goes with the music - for this performance, that was very stable, no typical Dai-saves all around - I'd have given >90 PCS. How else do you encourage programs that are so well choreographed, that are one with the music? And that are performed exceptionally.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

And Hanyu medals!!!
Good, because he nearly gave me a heart attack with that fall before!

Becki

Medalist
I like how we can tell if the competition is over by Patrick's first three jumping passes LOL but congrats to everyone!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chan is perfect so far! Another World title on the way! I give this guy credit for being a tough as nails competitor; AMAZING! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I was right in all my predictions this week. :cool: The Americans had one of their worst Worlds on record. Fact. And Chan breaks his old world record. I knew it. :cool:

Now just waiting for Hersh's latest article. :biggrin:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patrick CHAN (CAN)

Music: Adagio from Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodriguez

1st after SP

4T - nice!
4T+3T - clean, but close to the boards
3A
CiSt
FCCoSp
3Lz+1Lo+2S - shaky
3Lo
3F
CSSp
3Lz
A - completely messes up 2A entrance, falls
ChSt
CCoSp

Not perfect, but enough for gold. What a great afternoon of skating...