Men Free Skates | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

Well, good for Chan. But it sounds as if Daisuke and Yuzuru were magnificent. I can't wait to see them. Thanks for updating, everyone!

evangeline

Record Breaker
WOW.....Chan's TES same as Daisuke, but Chan somehow gets 90.14 PCS to 85.78.

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chan deserved to win this title again; the placements of the medalists are correct!

emma

Record Breaker
wow, i'm gonna say, that Chan made me a little nervous today. Awesome opening and wow, he is just so well trained and such a fierce competitor that he was able to 'absorb' some notable errors and still dominant the field. Very impressed. My favorite 'outing' of his LP remains nationals and it is too bad we didn't get that super perfect record breaking version here, but again, congrats, congrats, congrats!

I'm over the moon for Dai and Hanyu - these will be performances I watch again!!! Way to go guys!!!

Becki

Medalist
Oh Boy Chan 1st with mistakes ouch..........

Needs addressing..

I think Daisuke should've won....his LP left me breathless. I dunno what to say...damn....

But I am happy for all the medalists :) The gap between the Gold and Silver is not that huge.

lavender

Record Breaker
Wow they really are scoring Chan closer to his competitors now.

I betcha Peter will think Dai should have won. None of them understand why Dai is getting low-balled but Chan does have those 2 quads and such great SS. However I'm not sure why the judges don't fully appreciated Dai's IN and PE mark. It should be so much higher than anyone when he's on.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Chan's PCS should be lower. There's no way his PE, IN, CH are in the same league as Dai's today.
SS is also debatable. TR is also debatable.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Chan did not deserve those PSCs but he deserved to win. In two years he will have Hanyu to contend with in a major way.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
And Evan Lysacek always skated clean. This is a joke. Well, onto Carolina's coronation next. Hanyu, Daisuke, I'm officially in your fan clubs now.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I was surprised at Chan's marks, because he doubled the salchow, didn't do the triple toe near the end, and missed the double axel. I don't think he underrotated anything, but I think he should have been much hit harder on PCS (should have been mid-high 8s) for having multiple mistakes and for being behind the music the entire time.

treeloving

Medalist
I don't mind Patrick win overall; but why Dai got so low PCS just 2 points above Yuzuru and 5 points lower than Chan for waht he did?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Chan's victory is all PCS . no one is allowed to come close. Takahashi should have easily beaten Chan in PCS