Men Free Skates | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzuru is so cute at this medal ceremony. Performing to his music and the jumping up and down.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The audience is booing during the medal ceremony. Especially as Chan gets his medal... now I feel bad for him.

Becki

Medalist
Anyone hear the Boos for Patrick O__O wasn't totally expecting that....

Based on performance alone, I thought Daisuke had it in the bag. Someone said Daisuke looked unhappy? (i didn't notice that) haha probably fearing Yuzuru :p

CassAgain

On the Ice
I pretty much agree with the French crowd re Chan, but it was classless to boo him during his interview--he was even trying to speak French. And booing while he's receiving his medal--beyond classless.

My champions so far this Worlds have received two silvers and a bronze--bring on the ladies!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good for the french telling the judges that they are tired of this BS. Partly because of the french the SP came into being and figures were devalued.

noidont

Final Flight
I wouldn't blame the crowd. You see a guy going last, falling off right at the end of his program and then get up and become world champion. What's the odds of that happening in any other sport?

mikeko666

Final Flight
The booing is the most direct way for fans to express their opinions. It's up to ISU if they take them seriously.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Crowd knows what they see. No wonder why they were booing him so much. That result was a slap in the face of everybody in that building. 4 points ahead w/ all those mistakes... Incredible.. The ISU has to do something about it!

Oh please, the crowd also goes nuts for KVDP - would you want him as World Champion? If this was a sport where the crowd decides who wins - welcome to American Idol on ice.

SGrand

Final Flight
Omg, can the crowd just stop its booing???? I mean really! It's not Patricks fault and he's now made to feel like he doesn't deserve it! So sad.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Wow, this crowd is certainly opinionated. I can't remember hearing so much booing EVER during the champion's scores, his interview AND the medal ceremony.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
My final thought:

Canada, Japan, and Russia have the Olympic Medals locked up without a doubt. That's the honest to God truth. They have the best skaters. But I'm trying to decide which one will win the Team Event? Japan has a slight edge, also they've been putting on this other type of team event for the past two years or so, but then Canada & Russia are equally good. So the only thing I'm sure about is that gold, silver, and bronze is between those three, but unsure of what order.

Americans are dead. This Worlds solidified the nail in the coffin. It's a New World Order, and has been for some time now. Fact. After the 2014 Olympics (crossing my fingers & praying that Zhenya is able to compete) I'm not going to watch American skating any more. As I've always said these past two years I only came back for Zhenya. :cool:

oh Nadine, no worries ;)
Zhenya will earn that 1 spot from Russia for next worlds

American skating is not dead, Ice Dance is still great
and teh ladies, Gracie Gold will be there and maybe Karen Chen
and there is Jason Brown after 2014

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Lysacek had NOWHERE near Chan's difficulty either, so he should have been able to skate clean. Abbott always had much more difficult programs than Lysacek too.

Well, leaving aside Evan, who is sort of from another era (weren't the quad points adjusted since he left the scene?), you know who did quads AND didn't fall on a jump at least?) Daisuke and Yuzuru. Did either of them win? No.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
What is classless about it? They are vocal about the sport and they see what everyone at home see. What a crap load of judging panel!
And they are French, by default, they are classier than you.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Honestly I am not very surprised by the reaction of the French audience. They are widely known for booing other players at other events besides figure skating. They speak their mind and its obvious to see that they dont agree with Chan's LP score. IMO Chan should have come 3rd in the LP behind Dai and Hanyu, but it is what it is and Chan always seem to come out on top. Overall, the men gave quite a display and I can only hope that the ladies can do the same.

For me the best performance was Hanyu's LP which left me literally at the edge of my seat. 173+ and he is only 17 and probably has not reached his peak yet?!?! Yeah, he will be a factor in Sochi and the next upcoming seasons!!