Three spots for Russian ladies,2013 worlds | Golden Skate

Three spots for Russian ladies,2013 worlds

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
YES!!!Leonova did it!!!!3 spots were very much needed with our juniors stepping on the senior ranks!YAY!!!
Sotnikova,Tuktamysheva,Leonova...AWESOME!:cool::p:):):)

PS-sorry for this kind of spam..It's a cry of joy!=))))))

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's OK! Russia has such great ladies skaters coming up, it would be a shame for them to have only 2 spots.

I'm so sad for Polina K though :cry:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sad for Polina K. we may not see her competing in Worlds for a while again :cry:

Tukt, Adelina and Alena for 2013 , but what about Julia ? she will be eligible by 2014
Alena depending on the wunderbabies progress maybe phased out but it will be a tough battle

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
sad for Polina K. we may not see her competing in Worlds for a while again :cry:

Tukt, Adelina and Alena for 2013 , but what about Julia ? she will be eligible by 2014
Alena depending on the wunderbabies progress maybe phased out but it will be a tough battle

That's for sure..But having such a deep field right now has it's perks - the stronger the competition within the country, the better for the international skating. The skaters push each other and improve fs, increase difficulty in the competitions.It's good for sport. The best will win)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That's for sure..But having such a deep field right now has it's perks - the stronger the competition within the country, the better for the international skating. The skaters push each other and improve fs, increase difficulty in the competitions.It's good for sport. The best will win)

Julia seems to be the darling of them all, the judges all give her generous scores
but my only problem is if Julia wins 2014, she will only be 15 years old and will not even be eligible to compete or win a senior world champioships medal
and people will criticize of a possible olympic winner without competing in a world championships

Mao88

Record Breaker
Goodness me - when I was watching Ksenia Makarova this evening, I was getting really worried! I thought that 3rd spot was slipping away. Now that Russia has secured the 3rd spot, that means that Alena, Adelina, and Tuk can all go to next years Worlds, and that one of them won't miss out. I think that Ksenia will find it next to impossible to qualify for Worlds again (or the Olympics) as in the 2013/14 season, Julia L will be eligible to compete as a full time senior.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Goodness me - when I was watching Ksenia Makarova this evening, I was getting really worried! I thought that 3rd spot was slipping away. Now that Russia has secured the 3rd spot, that means that Alena, Adelina, and Tuk can all go to next years Worlds, and that one of them won't miss out. I think that Ksenia will find it next to impossible to qualify for Worlds again (or the Olympics) as in the 2013/14 season, Julia L will be eligible to compete as a full time senior.

Julia is eligible for 2014 Olympics but not for 2013 senior world championships

I doubt they will use Makarova again, they have Shelepen as 2nd tier back up, lol
but I fear they will never trust Polina K. again in big competitions :cry:

Mao88

Record Breaker

I doubt they will use Makarova again, they have Shelepen as 2nd tier back up, lol

That's right, Julia can compete in the senior GP during the 2012/13 season (but like Adelina & Tuk this season, she cannot compete at 2013 Euro's or Worlds), and then becomes a full time senior for the 2013/14 season. Hence, she can compete at both the 2014 Worlds & Olympics.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

It will depend on her. She is good but I fear she can be a headcase(( Nationals + small competitions throughout the year will tell us about her being ready or not for the big scene...

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Next year I look forward to seeing Gracie and Russian girls' debut. Gracie vs Tukt = very intriguing haha))

DianaSelene

Medalist
Next year I look forward to seeing Gracie and Russian girls' debut. Gracie vs Tukt = very intriguing haha))

Yeah, I'm assuming that Gold will finally go to senior gps, senior nationals, and senior worlds, right?

Last edited: