Exhibition? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Exhibition?

figuristka

Medalist
Virtue and Moir's exhibition was a bit unpolished, not the kind of program i love most. Last year i played their "wanna hold you hand" exhibition which i loved, and i tried playing it with the music from "romeo and juliet"( kissing you music) and it suited them so well. Would love to see them skating to something so romantic.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, it's the first time they've skated that exhibition. I presume after WTT, they'll have time to polish it up and improve it for the Canadian SOI season. It seems to me that I remember an interview with Tanith during some of the US coverage where she said that the dancers mostly choreograph their own exhibitions, so it's not surprising if it takes a while for them to gel.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I wish Chan could keep this exhibition for next year. It's worth of keeping it!:love: It does look a bit like John Curry.:bow:

Oh, please! Can't the guy change programs like (almost) everyone else? If he's the best ever, why can't he deal with new material?

*Note to self: Hold further emotion until he announces his 2012-13 programs.*

Well, that might be the exchange and sacrifice he made for technically being on the top form in such difficult choreography. Chan has had two new exhibition numbers in a year. It doesn't appear that he learns new programs slower than other skaters.

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
I just watched gala, and I must admit, Pang/Tong did amazing job with Liebestraum. I had tears in my eyes. It was wonderfully choreographed. So many nice details. Slow part focused on choreography and a sudden acceleration with difficult technical elements. And slow again. Just wow.
I also enjoyed Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi.