2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyone know choreographers based in Vancouver (BC, I'm assuming)? Apparently Richard Dornbush got some of his choreo there...per his twitter:

Choreography in Vancouver, I love it!

Also apparently he's going to debut his SP at a show in Ontairo tonight..

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope someone reports!

Wing & Lowe are in Vancouver; but Dornbush could have been meeting up with someone from somewhere there, too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I hope someone reports!

Wing & Lowe are in Vancouver; but Dornbush could have been meeting up with someone from somewhere there, too.

In any case, chances are the choreographer is Canadian.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Bourne actually seems plausible. Interesting.

It's interesting he's traveling outside of California for choreography. In the past he worked with LA based choreographer Cindy Stuart and Bay Area choreographer Justin Dillon, Rachael Flatt's coach.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I hope someone reports!

Shae-Lynn Bourne I bet. She's the only well known choreographer out of that area. She did a good job with Kiira's programs, I think she could be a good fit for Ricky. Will he be getting 2 new programs?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Toni, I've never watched the whole of Mary Poppins :slinkaway: so I don't know all the songs.

Which of the songs sounds like a polka to you?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, I've never watched the whole of Mary Poppins :slinkaway: so I don't know all the songs.

Which of the songs sounds like a polka to you?

I answered in the other thread but I think Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious would work with the pattern as well as Step in Time... mix in a bit of Chim Chim Chiree and I think you have a good program for the SD... they're not *polka* but in the case of the first one espeically the music does work for what the pattern calls for... and if Harlem Nocturne worked for the SD last year...

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:laugh:doris , I thought I was the only one who'd never watched all of Mary Poppins.

Maybe there's more..it could be a secret sisterhood.;)..( so secret we don't even know who we all are...)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
For its day it was such a good film. Disney may be considered "just for kids and saps" but a lot of technology that they pioneered led to advances in film and sciences that we still benefit from. I wish the days of Eisner and even the current leadership had more of Disney's mindset and not just the $$ signs...

Mary Poppins is a bubblegum musical, but it showcased some real talent, and was a good retelling of the books. And who doesn't love the pairing of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke?! :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I answered in the other thread but I think Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious would work with the pattern as well as Step in Time... mix in a bit of Chim Chim Chiree and I think you have a good program for the SD... they're not *polka* but in the case of the first one espeically the music does work for what the pattern calls for... and if Harlem Nocturne worked for the SD last year...

Forgive me if I am repeating old news, but FWIW:
Gilles and Poirier have been tweeting lines specifically from Chim Chim Cher-ee and A Spoonful of Sugar (but without saying outright that those are their chosen Mary Poppins songs).

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Announced by 2012 U.S. Senior ice dance pewter medalists Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt on their newly re-designed official site today: http://www.lynnandlogan.com/main/our-201213-free-dance-music/
We want to take this opportunity to announce that we will be skating to Adele’s “Turning Tables” and “Rumor Has It” for free dance. Short dance is still up in the air, but we have a few options that we are equally as excited about.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I for one am really looking forward to Lynn and Logan skating to Adele. I'm not sure how I feel about Piper and Paul's Mary Poppins. I am a fan of the movie/book, but I'm not a huge fan of Piper and Paul.. that could change though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tweeted by @RichardDornbush today (re. his new SP music):
I'm skating to an instrumental of "With or Without You"

This is a version of a U2 song

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I actually like that Piper/Paul are doing something upbeat. I don't think they've had enough time together as a team to do something dramatic, but hopefully, they will. I just hope that their coaching team doesn't force anything on to them that is beyond their performing capability.