2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

Serious Business

Record Breaker
From Adrian Schultheiss site:

In May, Adrian worked with his choreographer Irina Romanova on a new short program while he trained in the USA, and then he headed to Switzerland, where he worked with Salome Brunner who choreographed his new free program.

SP: Robotboys :laugh: ....how can he stand practicing to it day after day after day……

I'm assuming Robotboys means he'll be skating to a program based on the pop & lock duo Robotboys, who won Denmark's Got Talent in 2008? That could fit his style quite well and make for an interesting program.

deedee1

Record Breaker

In May, Adrian worked with his choreographer Irina Romanova on a new short program while he trained in the USA, and then he headed to Switzerland, where he worked with Salome Brunner who choreographed his new free program.

SP: Robotboys :laugh: ....how can he stand practicing to it day after day after day……

LP: Pieces from Rene Aubry + a special version Classical music, quite different from his SP :thumbsup:

Go Adrian!

Thanks for the info.
I am so glad Adrian did not give up on skating! Best of luck to him in the new season. :yes:
And I always love Salome Brunner as a choreographer. Can't wait to see Adrian's program. :)

btw, I loved ZLOBINA & SITNIKOV's Free dance to Rene Aubry at Nice Worlds. Was very cool. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

LP: Pieces from Rene Aubry + a special version Classical music, quite different from his SP :thumbsup:

Go Adrian!

I thought he retired. :confused2: I can't wait his programs!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Per Ice Network (via Sylvia at FSU):

Rachael Flatt has a new SP to "Contrabajissimo" by Astor Piazzolla. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEpE7w82AZY&feature=related) Looks like she's keeping the Firebird LP for another season.

I think this is quite promising! It's definitely not the cute jazzy stuff nor a warhorse, so I'm looking forward to see what she does with it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also from that same FSU thread:

Samantha Cessario: SP Music: "Carmen Fantasie" by David Garrett
Ashley Cain: SP Music: "Montserrat" by Orquesta del Plata
Christina Gao will keep her FS Music from last year: "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sylvia linked to a spreadsheet of programs on that FSU thread that a poster (realdetective) on tumblr is keeping. She had some stuff I didn't have, and I've updated my listing in the first 4 posts here accordingly.

The only update for a major skater was that Joubert's SP is his last year's program, Genesis by Justice; Aerodynamic by Daft Punk

Does anyone know whether this is confirmed?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
btw, I loved ZLOBINA & SITNIKOV's Free dance to Rene Aubry at Nice Worlds. Was very cool. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc

Agree, thx, I hadn't seen it. Aubry has lots of music to choose from that should suit skaters.

I thought he retired. :confused2: I can't wait his programs!

Adrian had doubts about his skating in 2010-11 but decided to continue competing until Sochi. Unfortunally 2011-12 was spoiled by injuries and a back surgery in December. He was back on the ice in February practicing triple jumps. I think he only did one or two competitions this spring. I am glad he took his time to heal being careful with his body.

Macassar88

Medalist
Sylvia linked to a spreadsheet of programs on that FSU thread that a poster (realdetective) on tumblr is keeping. She had some stuff I didn't have, and I've updated my listing in the first 4 posts here accordingly.

The only update for a major skater was that Joubert's SP is his last year's program, Genesis by Justice; Aerodynamic by Daft Punk

Does anyone know whether this is confirmed?

Yes he is keeping his sp and getting a new fs to inception

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lynn Kriengkrairut & Logan Giuiletti-Schmitt USA
SD Ring of Fire and I Can't Help Falling in Love by Johnny Cash
FD Adele’s Turning Tables and Rumor Has It

We now know what their SD music really is

From Skate Detroit:

Alex Johnson (from Sylvia)
SP to Gershwin's "Concerto in F" for piano and orchestra.
He will debut an "Eleanor Rigby" FS tomorrow.

One observer thought Chock/Bates SD is perhaps from Cirque du Soleil

Last edited:

Victura

On the Ice
Re: Joubert
I knew about the FS; just wasn't sure he was keeping the SP.

He's said that he will work with Denkova and Staviski (who choreographed his long) to make some changes to the SP for things like transitions to make it more COP-friendly.

realdetective

Spectator
Oops! Seems the filters caught my first post.

Holly Moore and Daniel Klaber (USA) - Short Dance: Grease medley, including "You're the one that I want" "Sandy" and "Greased Lightning"
Karina Johnson (DEN) - White Legend (based on Swan Lake) by Ikuko Kawai as per her tweets.

To add to my original post, I was just reminded that the June/July issue of SKATING mentioned that Aldridge/Eaton (USA) are doing Fiddler on the Roof for their free.

(And as I stated in my original post, I hope you don't think I was stepping on your toes with my list, Doris! Your program archives are amazing, and I originally just made my list in spreadsheet format for friends and didn't expect it to be passed around so much this time. :))

emma

Record Breaker
First and foremost, thanks to everyone for all the program news updates, and most especially to Doris!!!!

I'm very behind but just read through the first page to see the updated list of programs by skater and saw Jeremy Abbot skating his SP to Emminem and Idol melody???? Really? (I kind like the idea of a an Emminem sp especially if it is to recovery). Any more news on this?

Might this mean, too, that I get another year to enjoy his Muse LP??? I always admire the skaters who break out two new programs every year, but sometimes there is a program i like so much and really do want to see it again...