Johnny Weir Quad [April 2012] Training | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Quad [April 2012] Training

emma

Record Breaker
I just love seeing this - his combo looked great. Of course, we've seen great practice jumps from him in the past too - here's hoping we get a glimpse of something like this in a competition too!!!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Can a mod change the title to reflect that this is Johnny Weir doing the quad on 4/10/2012? The fact that this is recent is important! It shows that Weir may very well be in competition shape. I admit I was pretty skeptical about his comeback. But if he's trained enough to land quads in practice, I am now psyched to see his return!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For any fans who missed his tweet from 4:27 PM - 5 Apr 12:

Johnny Weir-Voronov @JohnnyGWeir

A great skating day. 3 Quads, one quad triple combination, a good start on my free program and a finished short.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope he can make a successful comeback. It would be amazing to have 3 world class US men (Evan, Johnny, Jeremy) compete for our country.

deedee1

Record Breaker
:jaw::love::rock:

...but the background music sounds like Requiem for Dreams...is it the music for one of his competitive programs???:unsure:

K

kilyca

Thank you for videos!
I was excited at his combo! I want to watch his new programs!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Wow! That combination looked GREAT. So excited, can't wait to see him compete this fall. I'm just hoping he gets GP assignments. Does anyone know if this might happen??

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Only as a host pick at Skate America. If Evan comes back too, it will be tough though. And also, only Abbott has 2 guaranteed GP spots, with about 5 US men having 1 guaranteed spot. It's likely they may give the host picks to those guys instead if they don't get a GP spot elsewhere.

tampro1

Rinkside
Love him or hate him, he does bring back much needed interest and a certain level of pizazz to US men's skating (actually...US skating overall). The USFSA recognizes this. Having him and Evan back can only be positive for the sport, at least until the up and comers develop. The current crop isn't that inspiring. This can only help skating get back on regular TV instead of icenetwork's freezing feeds lol

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I welcome Johnny and Evan back to renew the rivalry, and see what they can do. I have much faith in Evan as a skater/competitor and I am surprised to see the JW videos. Very impressive. I guess he wasn't just talking for publicity, and it seems we can take him at his word he is serious about competing again. With the two elegant skaters Rippon and Abbott being such poor competitors, why not? The other American men do not skate with the beauty of Johnny. I don't think we'll be cracking any podiums next year or at the Olympics other than dance, so why not? Johnny gets followed by the cameras and he may revive a bit of interest.

With such a dull scenario in US men, why not? I'm game.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
First quad was borderline, second quad was underrotated (and the extra jumps in combination borderline). Great to see him going for it, needs more speed though. I'm more hoping for beautiful skating from his return to competition.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
that combo was gorgeous. now if he could only finally do it in competition. what talent.
but please, musk version of Requiem for a Dream? how much more cheap russian can we get?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Evgeni coming back, Evan coming back, and now Johnny coming back! :cool:
We've seen strong skates from Evgeni at the Euro, and Brian and Daisuke at the Worlds.

Does that mean we are gonna see other than 'Patrick-vs.-the-rest-of-skaters' like competitions next season?
Now Mens field is getting even more 'exciting' to me. Yay! :party2:

Who's next? I want Stephane! and Jeff! :rock:

PS: Didn't I tell you I love veterans? :biggrin:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Awesome if this works out for Johnny :party::rock:

I guess his husband supports him to make a comeback like Plushenko's wife did. New positive energy :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Johnny must be sick with a virus or flu to need a IV drip. Glad he is feeling better.