Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev switch to Zhulin | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev switch to Zhulin

Macassar88

Medalist
There is too much focus on the image of the team when their worst problem is all technical. As a team it is a technical failure. That must be the top priority first. Just getting level 4 step sequences. Having the ability to get them. Same thing with lifts. All the image related things must be put on the back burner 80% tech and 20% programs. That is what Ice Dance basically is now.

He said in the interview that they are also working on technique - probably Bobrova's posture issues and getting level 4's. Their PCS should go up as their tech goes up as well though, but they're getting really high PCS for what they were doing in the past.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I hope they can fix things fast because they can't afford to be like the Caroline Zhang of Ice Dance and spend all of next season fixing their technique. It's not looking good for Sochi but there is no way they can even think of Peyongcheng. I hope they mean all this and it's not just about raising their PCS to make up for their extreme technical shortcomings. Then they might risk their PCS going down if their results are really bad next season which may be possible. Her trying to skate upright could ruin the team.

Macassar88

Medalist
I hope they can fix things fast because they can't afford to be like the Caroline Zhang of Ice Dance and spend all of next season fixing their technique. It's not looking good for Sochi but there is no way they can even think of Peyongcheng. I hope they mean all this and it's not just about raising their PCS to make up for their extreme technical shortcomings. Then they might risk their PCS going down if their results are really bad next season which may be possible. Her trying to skate upright could ruin the team.
Nah. It's a necessary risk. Right now, it's all about medalling at Sochi. A sixth place finish would be almost as bad as a sixteenth place finish for them, so the potential benefits outweigh the potential disaster.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
There are rumors that Sinitsina and Zhiganshin moves to Nechaeva & Chesnichenko

More coming into already-crowded Michigan. I think that'll only make the environment even more competitive! (Maybe we should just hold worlds in Michigan?)

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Nah. It's a necessary risk. Right now, it's all about medalling at Sochi. A sixth place finish would be almost as bad as a sixteenth place finish for them, so the potential benefits outweigh the potential disaster.

If dance was pairs B/S are in the K/S position! K/S had one of the best coaches of all time in Moskvina but didn't have the consistency to medal. I don't think Zhulin is equal to Moskvina when it comes to dance coaching. He did coach N/K but they were far better than B/S and far far more successful. It's all leading to B/S being the number one team and Russians not being on the dance podium for the first time ever.