WTT Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

WTT Short Dance

icefan1005

Rinkside
What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.

Like you said, no one really cares about this competition so they should just have some fun.

icefan1005

Rinkside
I don't have any particular favourite team in dances. Fabian and Natalie showed everyone that they did enjoy skating. But mistakes in technique are all there. Meryl nad Charlie in latin is more like two strangers dancing together, which is not bad at all. All this crap that latin is all about sex comes mostly from non-latin watchers. But in Cuba a granny can dance with her grandson and they both enjoy the music and dance perfectly sincere. Well, Tessa is just :eek:. The girl who won Vancouver is gone forever. Now we have a wide dancer with Venus Botichelli's thighs next to a boy-looking partner. She should ask Plushenko how to lose weight. It's the end of the second season since she returned to the competitons after the operation. And she still can't get her shape back. :rolleye:

Oh yeah, always blame the girl for not meeting the demands of society. :sarcasm: What a sexist and misogynistic comment! :disapp: What did you expect? She changed her stroking at the start of the season to accommodate her condition. And so what? They are world champions, aren't they? :rolleye:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Oh yeah, always blame the girl for not meeting the demands of society.
She meets the demands of society quite well. The rest is the demand of her partner's size that doesn't match hers. All right, Scott must go to the gym and grow a lot of musculinity muscles. Does it make me a mysandrist? No problem. I can survive both...

icefan1005

Rinkside
She meets the demands of society quite well. The rest is the demand of her partner's size that doesn't match hers. All right, Scott must go to the gym and grow a lot of musculinity muscles. Does it make me a mysandrist? No problem. I can survive both...

Well maybe you should have also said that in your earlier post to avoid being misunderstood. :think: This is the internet after all, and your words will be interpreted differently by people.

all that

Final Flight

They're both fine. Scott has a dancer's body. If Scott were the Incredible Hulk, he'd never be able to dance the way he does. Tessa is fit, and you can tell she's lost weight throughout the season. I'm glad she's not skin and bones, like some other dancers out there.

If they were truly mismatched, they wouldn't be Olympic and 2 time World Champions.

icefan1005

Rinkside
They're both fine. Scott has a dancer's body. If Scott were the Incredible Hulk, he'd never be able to dance the way he does. Tessa is fit, and you can tell she's lost weight throughout the season. I'm glad she's not skin and bones, like some other dancers out there.

If they were truly mismatched, they wouldn't be Olympic and 2 time World Champions.

Well said.

fairly4

Medalist
it is only bad if your favorite team isn't in first like v/m

they made visible errors-more than d/w. they didn't skate as well as they did at the worlds in sd -v/m

anyway good luck to all teams tomorrow great job

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's hard for these kids to peak a second time so soon after Worlds, especially the North Americans, with 4CC's a week closer to Worlds than Europeans, and the National Championships for USA one week before 4CC's, and Canadians 2 weeks before 4CC's.

They are doing an amazing job, all these teams.

Ioana

Spectator
I wouldn't normally be commenting on this, but I found a certain poster's comments completely offensive. I've seen Tessa up-close at Worlds, including several times off-ice. She's a thin and delicate girl, (more skin and bones than you would imagine, All That), as are all of the ice-dancers. Most of them look like kids in normal clothes and without makeup. We're talking about someone who weighs 47-48 kilos at most, for God's sake. She certainly doesn't need to lose any more weight. Anyone who claims that is either blind or just making obnoxious comments to pass the time.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Thanks for the links, Doris!

So glad Meryl went back to the bronze dress. It seemed to make all the difference. ;)

CassAgain

On the Ice
I forgot to mention that I love the banner Team USA has with the American and Japanese flags and the message in Japanese, but I'm afraid my grandfather might be rolling over in his grave. :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.

Well, HI, Scott! Thought you looked a bit mad in the KnC!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tessa has simply matured and is no longer the teenage girl she was a couple of years ago. There is nothing wrong with her body, it's just that she's now pretty close to being the same height as Scott. He seems to have adjusted to her growth, so I don't see what the problem is.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice

I guess if V/M had won then this competition would have been legit and the results anything but a joke? And considering the arena is much fuller than the arena was in Nice, I think it was worlds that no one gave a damn about:sarcasm:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I've got to say, it's a fun competition, and I'm particularly enjoying the Spirit Week attempts by Team Italy, Team France, Team Japan, and Team USA, each in their own way.

Fabian in the Chicken Hat and Florent in the Angry Birds hat are particularly fabulous. Not to mention the Italian flag wigs, the Japanese fans and handbands, the USA banner and loud coordinated cheering before US skaters.

Maybe a little more fun at worlds would be a good thing.

No more vuvuzuelas though-there appear to be several here.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What was the deal with Skate Canada? Only the Pairs were there for V/M, no ladies for the men, and Scott and Tessa seemed uncomfortable to be there at all.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Team Canada and Russia so obviously left their pep elsewhere that's for sure. Hopefully tomorrow we will see some more support.

Or maybe they are just taking it too seriously or are tired or just doesn't want to be there. This competition makes the season longer so.....