WTT Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

WTT Free Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
BTW how kool was it that Team France did a pyramid behind The Pharaoah and His Mummy.

France for Team Spirit Award.

:bow: :clap: :party2: :party2:

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Scott said what i think he said that's a slap in the face to the Japanese who put on this event. I get that' he's outspoken and i'm fine with that but he insulted the Japanese with his bratty statement. Scott seems to be a sore loser.

CAS

On the Ice
If Scott said what i think he said that's a slap in the face to the Japanese who put on this event. I get that' he's outspoken and i'm fine with that but he insulted the Japanese with his bratty statement. Scott seems to be a sore loser.

Scott says these things so you can post about it :D

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Take it back. It's the SD that's on ?

Black Eyed Peas Mas Que Nada playing and I&K skating to it.

I am dead tired..

CassAgain

On the Ice
Hindsight being 20/20 and all: this was a bit of a low reward event for V/M. If they win, well, they're supposed to, being world champions and all. If they lose, they lose some standing as well. Especially since they seem to not enjoying the experience much, they probably should have deferred to W/P.

CAS

On the Ice
Hindsight being 20/20 and all: this was a bit of a low reward event for V/M. If they win, well, they're supposed to, being world champions and all. If they lose, they lose some standing as well. Especially since they seem to not enjoying the experience much, they probably should have deferred to W/P.

They may not have wanted to go. Maybe Skate Canada and/or Marina persuaded them to go. They seem to have peaked mentally at Worlds.

As for Team Canada with the state of Canadian Ladies maybe Skate Canada should have given V&M and Chan (considering his recent turmoil) a pass and sent a team like Russia did because the ladies scores negate any work done by the others. Both V&M and Chan have had a tough year mentally and seem a bit deflated. Lower ranked skaters would have been in the right mood to have fun at this cheesefest.

Trewyn

Medalist
I hear "event" not "part."

Exactly! I just rewatched with headphones on and it's definitely not 'part' but 'event'. In that case I agree with everyone saying Scott is a sore loser. It's not the first time something like that happens this season. I agree skaters are allowed to have opinions and they can think whatever they want but I feel like we can expect from them to act like role models and be at least a tiny bit pr-savvy. Scott is team captain!! He should not be caught on tape saying stuff like that. JMO.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Weaver and Poje would have enjoyed themselves so much more here Kaitlyn would have been a fabulous team captain their SD at worlds was the highlight for me this entire year they were living the program. I hope the judges start giving them the PCS they deserve next year and god forbid they ever score a victory over the sore loser he will have an apoplexy my dream that it happens at nationals.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Exactly! I just rewatched with headphones on and it's definitely not 'part' but 'event'. In that case I agree with everyone saying Scott is a sore loser. It's not the first time something like that happens this season. I agree skaters are allowed to have opinions and they can think whatever they want but I feel like we can expect from them to act like role models and be at least a tiny bit pr-savvy. Scott is team captain!! He should not be caught on tape saying stuff like that. JMO.

Seems pretty clear that Scott Moir: A) is a very sore loser and B) has serious foot-in-mouth disease (rivaling only Chan). He is only happy at an event, and can only be diplomatic, if he wins. In the past, he was gracious about Davis/White, but only when they were firmly in second place and V/M solidly in first. Oh, how things have changed since D/W started to threaten his little reign. I find his attitude a huge, huge turn-off. It really prevents me from getting into V/M as a team. I'd be willing to bet he's not winning too many popularity awards back at the Canton rink.

CAS

On the Ice
Wow. I expected a lot worse, a really ****** attitude from Scott, based on all the posts calling for his head but seeing the video the reality is very different. Lots of drama over nothing :laugh:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I just hope he uses the anger to work harder next year - especially since he's already gone on record hating the Yankee Polka. Get the levels on the step pattern (and everything else) and give us an unforgettable FD. Make sure it's easily clappable, because apparently, that's a requirement now.

CAS

On the Ice
I just hope he uses the anger to work harder next year - especially since he's already gone on record hating the Yankee Polka. Get the levels on the step pattern (and everything else) and give us an unforgettable FD. Make sure it's easily clappable, because apparently, that's a requirement now.

At GPF he sounded angry, here he sounded tired.

But yes, next seasons FD choice is crucial. Funny Face was a very hard sell which is a credit to them because they shone in Nice. But on another note FANTASTIC camera work there for the FD, really highlights their movement, flow and smoothness. Would be nice to hire this person to do other competitions.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Which is probably fair. It's been their longest season ever - starting way back at Finlandia, ending at the WTT. And remember, that the off season was shorter due to the postponed worlds.