The most handsome skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The most handsome skaters

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
(bolded by me)

Dai creepy, boy I have heard a lot things said about Dai, but "creepy" really, this is a first. Not sure what context you are using creepy, care to explain?
grung
Different strokes for different folks.

Something about his eyes, the make up and the over the top look, the outlandish costumes. I just don't see him as rugged, classic, overly masculine, natural beauty at best exotic but even than he sometimes look more gangsta than aesthetically pleasing. I remember one outfit he wore with his overworked hair it was like electric cowboy meets disco meets walmart meets japanese drama boy meets MAC meets grunge meets the day after too much partying - not an overly attractive look to me.

evangeline

Record Breaker
In his late teen, he used to bring lots of containers of hair sprays/gels/wax in his overseas suitcase, and spend an hour or so ;) doing his hairdo by himself in a hotel room prior to the competitions. When it did not go well to his liking, he was not in the mood for competing in the least, he confessed years later. That explains a couple of his lackluster performances back in the days, to me in a way. :biggrin:

LOL, why am I not surprised. I've always been impressed how Daisuke's elaborate hairdos manage to stay in place even after all that jumping and spinning he does in competitions. If I could speak Japanese, I would totally ask him what kind of hair products he uses.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Skater Boy, speaking in defense of Daisuke, he has never worn makeup.
He does shave his eyebrows because his are too bushy for a Japanese boy, though. ;)

I remember one outfit he wore with his overworked hair it was like electric cowboy meets disco meets walmart meets japanese drama boy meets MAC meets grunge meets the day after too much partying - not an overly attractive look to me.

I have to agree with you on the above. :biggrin:
Cyber swan, right? Was not my favorite Dai, either. :p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Indeed, welcome noskates! We hope you post long and often!

What a lovely story about Stephane :love:

I was lucky enough to see Dai's Electric Swan live. It was a wonderful program, and far better live than on TV. Who can tell about hair products when you are sitting 11 rows up? That's when I became a fan of Dai's :)

Last edited:
I think Dai has such a magnetic quality that makes people can't take their eyes off him;) When you watch him skate, you see that he's packaged so well from head to toe so accordingly to the theme of programs.

babyskate

On the Ice
We cannot forget Peter Tchernyshev. I ran into him at a local supermarket and he was so beautiful he almost didn't seem real. He and Naomi were a stunning pair.

So here's what happened. It was Skate Canada in 2006 in Victoria. My skating friend and I met two ladies from Vancouver at the 2001 Worlds and have kept in touch. They met us in Victoria and we spent the competition together. One of them was absolutely gaga over Stephane (she probably had clothes older than him but....hey!) We were in the bar at the Empress Hotel and he walked in with his coach, girlfriend, and I don't know who else. I called a waiter over and unbeknownst to my friend, sent Stephane a drink. When the waiter delivered it to him he asked who sent it, etc. He came over and very graciously thanked us. He was so cute and so polite. My friend couldn't even get a word out - she was so shocked. We congratulated him on his skate and told him how much we enjoyed his skating - especially his spins. He was just so humble and so nice. I've been a diehard fan ever since.

p.s. thank you for the welcome. I've been searching for a place to talk about skating.

If you want to talk skating, you've come to the right place! And your Stephane story is delightful. What a wonderful experience. If I weren't already a diehard Lambiel fan, I'd become one after hearing how courteous and warm he is with fans.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon*s hair style makes be be jealous all the time :) want these curls.

I've seen that Charlie White trims his tresses every summer; is Rippon known to have a similar habit? :cool:

Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
"Time for a change. I think I'm a few pounds lighter now. pic.twitter.com/xPY4V6VS"
3:42 PM - 20 Jun 12​

ETA:
Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
"Finished product. ‪#aerodynamicpic.twitter.com/uBpDXIZE"
8:38 PM - 20 Jun 12

Wow ... Rippon's transformation is incredible. :yes:

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I've seen that Charlie White trims his tresses every summer; is Rippon known to have a similar habit? :cool:

Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
"Time for a change. I think I'm a few pounds lighter now. pic.twitter.com/xPY4V6VS"
3:42 PM - 20 Jun 12​

ETA:
Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
"Finished product. ‪#aerodynamicpic.twitter.com/uBpDXIZE"
8:38 PM - 20 Jun 12

Wow ... Rippon's transformation is incredible. :yes:

Looks like Rippon has grown up.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh Adam... What have you done?:disapp:

Rippon's fellow skaters also have been reacting :laugh::

Asher Hill ‏@AsherHill
"@Adaripp what happened to your magical locks!!!!!!!!"
10:08 AM - 21 Jun 12

Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
"@AsherHill they bit the big one."
11:40 AM - 21 Jun 12

Asher Hill ‏@AsherHill
"@Adaripp but they were the source of your magicsl powers.....how will you fly and use mind control"
12:43 PM - 21 Jun 12

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I think Plushy has gotten better-looking as he got older.

I agree, blue dog. He's grown into his face, and also we've gotten to know what's inside of him--his admirable combination of skills, talent, and authoritative presence. That always adds to a person's appeal.

Elochka

Spectator
My 12 points go to Evgeny Platov, Lillehammer, definitely. I then developed sort of a crush on Ilia Averbukh.
Well, maybe I'm going vintage on this one...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, blue dog. He's grown into his face, and also we've gotten to know what's inside of him--his admirable combination of skills, talent, and authoritative presence. That always adds to a person's appeal.

you mean his nose? hee hee... I love aristocratic noses... they crack me up