Yuzuru Hanyu changes coach to Brian Orser | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu changes coach to Brian Orser

Hanaka

Rinkside
Well, one thing I can say is only this: while a lot of speculations are going on here, I don't see Hanyu as a person who automatically obeys what he was told to do or what he was forced to do. Since his debut year as a senior 2010-2011, when he was 16, every time I hear his comments and words, I've been amazed how smart a boy he is despite his young age.To my eyes he seems to be a person who knows what he is doing and what are necessary for him. Of course, he is so young and sometimes makes a big mistake but that's what everyone does. And I don't see any reason JSF wants to do something that will harm their precious young star skater.
Like some people wrote above, I think one of the reasons may be insufficient ice rink time and they may think Canada can provide him with an ideal ice rink facility, but that's just my guessing. Remember Mao left her coach Machiko Yamada when she was 15? There were no conflicts between them, Mao still loves and trusts Yamada and Yamada still does adore her. They still keep a warm and friendly relationship. The reason Mao left her was there were no rinks where she could train fully and Yamada's camp was crowded with young and little skaters. At that time Chukyou University rink was not founded yet.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Am I close to some truth to say that Mao represents an ideal while Daisuke is a guilty pleasure for his many devoted and passionate Aunties?

You are not talkig about me, are you SkateFiguring? :biggrin:

As for Yuruzu, I agree with Hanaka: he is only 17 y.o., but he is not a person who obeys what he was told to do or what he was forced to do. He is so matured for his age and he exactly knows what he is doing. So what his fans need to do right now is to calm down a bit, wait and see what Yuruzu and Orser will come up with next season. When it turns out not to work well, Yuzuru can always go back to Nanami sensei. :)

sweetskates1

Medalist
I really love the passion and uniqueness that Yuzuru brings to the fs world and hope that he does extremely well going forward. I do not feel that Brian Orser is that great of a coach but that means absolutely nothing. It is just an unsubstantiated gut feeling.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Am I close to some truth to say that Mao represents an ideal while Daisuke is a guilty pleasure for his many devoted and passionate Aunties?
I can't speak for aunties. But to me they look much happier people than those without ideal or guilty pleasure.