David Wilson will work with Gachinski and Tuktamysheva | Golden Skate

David Wilson will work with Gachinski and Tuktamysheva

johnny 80

Match Penalty
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593827670.html

Renowned Canadian choreographer David Wilson will put the program to the new season of the Russian skaters Gachinsky Arthur and Elizabeth Tuktamysheva, said the agency "R-Sport" coach Alexei Mishin athletes.

David Wilson as the director of programs worked with almost all the elite of world figure skating.
Among his current and former clients - Olympic champion Kim Yu-Na, world champions, Patrick Chan, Daisuke Takahashi, Jeffrey Buttle,Brian Joubert, Pang Qing / Tong Jian and many other famous skaters.

"To work with David Wilson we Gachinsky Arthur and Lisa Tuktamysheva fly to Canada on May 13 - Mishin told the correspondent of" R-Sport.
"- He will put his program."

Gachinsky Tuktamysheva and become the first Russian skaters with whom Wilson would work.

Google Translation, Please correct me, if something is wrong.................

I just hope Mishin not water down the program. They need to follow up the programs.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
It was interesting at the GPF to see Kostner at 55-65 TES/PCS and Tuk at 65-55. In many ways she was the exact opposite of Kostner - someone with the technical skills but not the components of a program being all there. It would be good to see something more equal in free skates. Maybe get that toward 60. Not at the bottom of the scale. And of course Gachnski is just always trashed by judges on PCS. When he was good at the world championships at 2011 he was 9th in PCS at the SP and then 4th or 5th in the LP. Judges did not want him to medal at all.

doug_log

On the Ice
It was interesting at the GPF to see Kostner at 55-65 TES/PCS and Tuk at 65-55. In many ways she was the exact opposite of Kostner - someone with the technical skills but not the components of a program being all there. It would be good to see something more equal in free skates. Maybe get that toward 60. Not at the bottom of the scale. And of course Gachnski is just always trashed by judges on PCS. When he was good at the world championships at 2011 he was 9th in PCS at the SP and then 4th or 5th in the LP. Judges did not want him to medal at all.

I think Gachinski received the PCS he deserved, and then some, at Worlds 2011.

But, this is very surprising and very exciting for me. I'm not a fan of the way Mishin tends to present his skaters; I definitely prefer Wilson's style, so I'm VERY interested to see what happens. This is great news, IMO.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I just hope Mishin not water down the program. They need to follow up the programs.

Exactly. Didn't Mishin get Tom Dickson to choreograph Gachinsky's programs this season? And though the programs were better than last season's, they were still pretty empty at times.

johnny 80

Match Penalty
Exactly. Didn't Mishin get Tom Dickson to choreograph Gachinsky's programs this season? And though the programs were better than last season's, they were still pretty empty at times.

You are right. That's what I worry about. Gachinsky's 2 programs this season are choreographed by Tom Dickson. and as you know They are watered down. should not be repeated.

They got to learn from athletes like Takahashi, Kostner who are faithful to programs to the end of the season. To be faithful to programs is a requisite for masterpieces.

Last edited:

doctor2014

On the Ice
I’ve seen both Artur and Liza skating live, and they’re soooo slow. Only changing the choreographer won’t help that much. They really need to work on their skating skills, though Liza’s performance has more spark than Artur. I really hope she’ll improve her SS so she’ll score 60+ on PCS.

Artur, OTOH, has been very overmarked on PCS through this season. The fact that he got higher PCS than Kozuka at the Worlds is just :disapp:.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think Gachinski received the PCS he deserved, and then some, at Worlds 2011.

But, this is very surprising and very exciting for me. I'm not a fan of the way Mishin tends to present his skaters; I definitely prefer Wilson's style, so I'm VERY interested to see what happens. This is great news, IMO.

I can't see how Gachinski got "and then some" he was trashed. The same might happen to Liza.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I think doug_log is implying they were higher than he/she felt they should have been. If the programs are empty (evangeline's post) and the skater is slow (doctor2014's post), then the PCS should be lower.

doug_log

On the Ice
I think doug_log is implying they were higher than he/she felt they should have been. If the programs are empty (evangeline's post) and the skater is slow (doctor2014's post), then the PCS should be lower.

That was my point. Thanks, mskater. I think he has some beautiful jump technique, so I hope Wilson will bring his PCS to the same level.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I think Morozov would make the most out from them for now.
We've already seen Gachinski skate a TD program this season, and he can hardly live up to the choreography making me wonder "did TD really choreograph this?!":confused:
Maybe they also want a stroking lesson with Tracy Wilson, which is usually packaged with DW's choreography?
I've heard Gachinski wants Kurt to choreograhy his other program? I can hardly imagine him performing Kurt's step squence……:eek:hwell:

ciocio

On the Ice
I think Morozov would make the most out from them for now.
We've already seen Gachinski skate a TD program this season, and he can hardly live up to the choreography making me wonder "did TD really choreograph this?!":confused:
Maybe they also want a stroking lesson with Tracy Wilson, which is usually packaged with DW's choreography?
I've heard Gachinski wants Kurt to choreograhy his other program? I can hardly imagine him performing Kurt's step squence……:eek:hwell:

Lol!!!! Do you think that Gachinsky will become a copy of Kurt or Wilson?? A good choreographer is able to create a program that fits the skater's ability and personality!:)

evangeline

Record Breaker
I’ve seen both Artur and Liza skating live, and they’re soooo slow. Only changing the choreographer won’t help that much. They really need to work on their skating skills, though Liza’s performance has more spark than Artur. I really hope she’ll improve her SS so she’ll score 60+ on PCS.

Artur, OTOH, has been very overmarked on PCS through this season. The fact that he got higher PCS than Kozuka at the Worlds is just :disapp:.

I agree, but I can't help but think that his federation (and judges) will dump him the moment Plushenko comes back (if he indeed does). Maybe things would be different if Artur did better at Worlds this season and repeated his medal from last year...but no matter how he skated, I do not think he could have medalled. Patrick and Daisuke are too far above him in terms of sheer quality, and I do not think Artur is capable of beating Yuzuru when Yuzuru skates as well as he did in Nice. As things currently stand, Artur only had two good competitions this year (Russian Nats and Euros), and he hasn't really presented himself as a skater to rely on in Sochi.

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Lol!!!! Do you think that Gachinsky will become a copy of Kurt or Wilson?? A good choreographer is able to create a program that fits the skater's ability and personality!:)
Well, I just pointed out the strenghs of these choreographers after all. Neither ET nor AG could skate DW/KB's choreography to its protential at the moment.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
You are right. That's what I worry about. Gachinsky's 2 programs this season are choreographed by Tom Dickson. and as you know They are watered down. should not be repeated.

They got to learn from athletes like Takahashi, Kostner who are faithful to programs to the end of the season. To be faithful to programs is a requisite for masterpieces.

Agreed. At this point, even George BAlanchine back from the dead can choreograph a program for a skater, but its up to the skater to bring that choreography to life.

gmyers

Record Breaker

They are saying it was too high I am saying it was too low! Like I think they say Gachinski should get 2's or 3's! Gachinski when he is on is not slow at all. The 2012 Euros SP was amazing on every level and so was the LP. He was like that at 2011 worlds and the judges treated him very very harshly. His medal was all due to base values of technical elements.

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The old saying comes to mind, you can lead a horse to water...

Or the more scurrilous variation by Dorothy Parker.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Heh. The title should read "Wilson will work with Gachinski and Tukatmysheva; Mishin will undo much of the work done."