Gymnast Alicia Sacramone going for Gold in London | Golden Skate

Gymnast Alicia Sacramone going for Gold in London

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
I used to think gymnasts, like skaters, had a relatively short competitive shelf - life. However, Germany's Oskana Chusovitina has been competing since 1990. So, if Alicia is trained and ready, I wish her well.

Lambourne

Spectator
Pretty sure if you had been training your whole life for the olympics and you made an extremely uncharacteristic mistake you would be pretty upset. and this is what she was suffering in 2008. All the best.

I used to think gymnasts, like skaters, had a relatively short competitive shelf - life. However, Germany's Oskana Chusovitina has been competing since 1990. So, if Alicia is trained and ready, I wish her well.

For real? Since 1990? That's incredibly impressive--as if Shizuka were still skating competitively. If Alicia can get herself onto the team, I'll certainly root for her.

Welcome, Lambourne! We hope to hear more from you going forward.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I've always been a fan of Svetlana Khorkina, what a tough woman, she completed for so long and wasn't afraid to admit she wanted to win. Glad these girls from 2008 are trying for it again.

seniorita

Record Breaker
For real? Since 1990? That's incredibly impressive--as if Shizuka were still skating competitively. If Alicia can get herself onto the team, I'll certainly root for her.
About Chusovitina not only does she compete but she keeps getting medals, this past weekend it was the Euro Championships of gymnastics and she won a silver medal at vault. :)

Johar

Medalist
I've always been a fan of Svetlana Khorkina, what a tough woman, she completed for so long and wasn't afraid to admit she wanted to win. Glad these girls from 2008 are trying for it again.

Too bad our gymnast and skaters can't be as verbal on their thoughts as she was.

Last edited: