Sasha's latest journal entry | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha's latest journal entry

giseledepkat

Rinkside
Bored and Lonely? Bored and Lonely???

What happened to my all-time favorite username?

Perhaps only the deity possesses the power to change entities -- are you a shape-shifting God, oh God?

CassidyL

Rinkside
giseledepkat said:
Bored and Lonely? Bored and Lonely???

What happened to my all-time favorite username?

Perhaps only the deity possesses the power to change entities -- are you a shape-shifting God, oh God?

Oh don't you know? You must have missed it this morning. You'll have to check the archives in the Office section of the forum.

giseledepkat

Rinkside
Thanks, CassidyL. This is very discouraging to me, for some reason. I posted about it in Feedback. Thanks again.

The great twelfth century theologian St. Thomas Aquinas wondered the same thing, Giseldepkat. He considered the question, "Is there anything that God can't do?" He came up with a list. God cannot lie. God cannot commit a sin. God cannot forget anything. And here's yours: God cannot stop being God.

But my personal favorite on St. Thomas' list: God cannot create a triangle whose angles add up to more than 180 degrees.

Einstein, however, could, and this is the foundation of the cosmological models put forward in his early papers on General Relativity (1916-1920).

I'm not sure how much of this is verily in Sasha's journal. But about the complaints that these entries are written in such a childish style, I think that they are written for the interest of Sasha's millions of young fans. Children, after all, are the primary users of chat rooms, Internet discussion groups, fan sites, etc., so we should not be surprised when celebrities gear their fan sites to that audience.

Mathman

Fossi

Final Flight
I think it's cute that she writes because most of her fans are little kids. I don't think there are many adults that subscribe to her fan club updates and she is talking directly to the little kids that like her so much.

Not that there is anything wrong with it! All popular skaters have their youthful fans. Certainly my favorite gal, Michelle, does. Also Sarah, Jenny K. -- all of these young ladies provide much needed role models for youngsters. Then (in the case of the girls, anyway), they get a little older and start taking an interest in Alexei Y., Tim G., Jeff B., Brian J., ...

Mathman

giseledepkat

Rinkside
Mathman said:
The great twelfth century theologian St. Thomas Aquinas wondered the same thing, Giseldepkat. He considered the question, "Is there anything that God can't do?" He came up with a list. God cannot lie. God cannot commit a sin. God cannot forget anything. And here's yours: God cannot stop being God.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh Mathman, you constantly amaze me with the breadth and depth of your knowledge --thanks for the laugh!

Fossi

Final Flight
I'm sure there are tons of adults that are fans of Sasha too. But I think it's mostly the younger kids that subscribe to her fan stuff. Not a thing wrong with that, and if anything Ms.Cohen is a smart thinker. This will only increase her fan base. Not many skaters take time to do this. Great thinking...good business woman.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
The reference to St. Thomas Aquinas..

He spoke about God, but not as though he WAS God. He expressed his opinons about God, but did not pose as God. Therefore, the relevance to someone posing around here as "God" is in question, and I don't think St. Thomas Aquinas has anything to do with it.

I'm really glad that Sasha finds a way to maintain her board for all the young skaters who look up to her. I hope her coaching change is working positively for her, and that we all get to see amazingly clean performances at Nationals!

DG

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
totally off topic

Bored and Lonely- did Yoshie Onda use YOU as inspiration for her free skate, "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters"? ;)

Doggygirl, I hope you didn't think that my post was intended to make fun of St. Thomas Aquinas. Actually, he is one of my heros, being the most prominent of the theologians of Europe in the Middle Ages seriously to undertake a reconciliation between the realm of logical scientific inquiry and the world of faith.

Mathman:)

Meisje24

Rinkside
Re: God's PM

thisthingcalledlove said:
I'm praying for...

Oh- can you give Kevin van der Perren a medal at worlds, then have him on the COI tour, make sure he gets lost when they get to sports arena, so I can meet him...I am his most obsessed fan LOL (he's too cute)

Are you a member of Kevins fanclub yet? Sign up now and you can win an autographed picture of him! The website adress is: www.kevinvanderperren.net

Annemarie

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else think that Sasha looked extremely happy last night?

Dee

As well she should! She skated her heart out and laid to rest all the questions about focus and concentration. Good for you, Sasha!

(This isn't a spoiler because it's already been on TV, right?)

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Dee...

That's what I thought I was seeing too, and was very happy to see it. Whatever anyone's individual opinion is about Sasha's skating, there is no doubt she works very hard at it. There should be SOME enjoyment even under the pressure of Nationals.

From the time I read that Robin skates on the ice with her students, that somehow struck me as the kind of attention and interaction that Sasha would do well with just based on my impressions of Sasha.

If she reaches her full potential, we will all have something truly exciting to watch (and debate LOL) for years to come.

None of these comments are meant to take anything away from the other great US Ladies skaters - Michelle, Jenny, etc. :)

DG

Re: Dee...

Doggygirl said:
From the time I read that Robin skates on the ice with her students, that somehow struck me as the kind of attention and interaction that Sasha would do well with just based on my impressions of Sasha.
I think I remembr that Michelle said the same thing about Scott Williams. It was nice to have a coach that skates on the ice with her. Maybe Robin's approach will help Sasha relax and get back to the joy of skating, like Scott seemed to do for Michelle last year.

Mathman

dmr65

On the Ice
I seen peace in Sasha last night.. :) It made me smile and secure my belief that her move to Robin was a good one

Denise..