Have you been to any good ice shows lately? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I was off this fun stuff to follow the serious news of IMF cutting off aid to Greece, whose PM just declared a Great Depression. Asian Markets are falling. I'm well positioned but this is bad news for many. Isn't Seniorita Greek?

I believe so, and I've been worried about her all year.

I hadn't heard this report about the IMF and can't find the bulletin anywhere, not even on the BBC site. Where did you see this? It's been hard to read the news sites this weekend, because they're so full of the awful shooting in Colorado. So I haven't been following as assiduously as I usually do.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just a suggestion ;) but I think that discussion will be better off in politics ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ug I m hearing bad news on tv about our economy 24 h a day, dont worry about me, I have this for an escape near my hometown:cool: :cool:and it takes away all the pressure.

Doris it is my birthday too. :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Your country is beautiful! I love Greece!!! Probably i will go to Greece in august. I was there several times! Wonderful holidays!! :hb:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Back on topic. People who attended The Ice show in Nagoya on 22nd twittered that Yuzu landed two seq: 4T3A and 4S3A. The first seq he already did last summer but the second one is new for public. I assume it's because he is under 20yo and therefore by J-laws he can't attend the party like this: http://instagram.com/p/NaDpYNwm7z/ Actually it's gross. The show session is not over yet but dudes are partying around. How professional. I wonder what "leftovers" I'll be lucky to get as a paying customer by 28th in Osaka. I am happy to see that Mura, who is 21, didn't attend the beer fest. I hope he'll be as good as he can or even better. Taka, what the hell....

seniorita

Record Breaker
the world of fs should start be scared by Hanyu, he will take over, 4s3a, I wanna see this!!!
Happy birthday, Seniorita! I'm glad to hear from you.

Thank you :) but It is not today!! I meant that my bday is the same day as Doris and mathman, we are 3 fire people.:cool::cool::cool: I don't know much else ab star signs although I d love to know what I am in other cultures horoscopes.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
4S-3A!!!:bow::party2::rock::points:
As pinch-worthy as his cheeks are - Hanyu is such a little monster jump-wise! And people were just starting to worry about his jumps, because of that horrible skate at DOI.
I want to see things like that in competition programms... stupid sequence penalty.

Thank you :) but It is not today!! I meant that my bday is the same day as Doris and mathman, we are 3 fire people .:cool: I don't know much else ab star signs although I d love to know what I am in other cultures horoscopes.

You were born in the Year of the Pig in the Chinese solar calendar. (Michelle Kwan and I are both Monkeys :) )

The Pig is a fun and enlightening personality blessed with patience and understanding. People born under the sign of the Pig enjoy life and all it has to offer, including family and friends. They are honest and thoughtful and expect the same of other people. Pigs can be perceived as oblivious or gullible because they do care about others so much that they will do just about anything for a friend in need.

You were born under a female (yin) sign and your element is water.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484081_395497090513157_1562702100_n.jpg

This is what you can expect in 2012 (year of the dragon).

Pig is a lucky animal in Chinese horoscope. Pig will becomes smarter in this Dragon year. The general luck for Pig people is fair in 2012. They will have a little career pressure . The money luck is up and down. The love relationship is pretty good. There are a couple of Lucky Stars coming toward Pig people. When Pig people encounter difficulties, obstacles or even misfortune, as long as you keep your optimistic, enterprising and positive mind, someone will appear to help you to overcome trouble. Dragon is an intelligent and spiritual animal. It's hard for Dragon to have any romantic relationship with other animal, except the Pig. If Pig people want to look for a closer love relationship, then the Dragon year is the time to try.

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2012/2012Pig.htm

For romance, a Dog (Plushenko) is OK, but your best match is a Goat (Javier Fernandez) :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I find I am also a (Red) Pig!

Mathman said:
as long as you keep your optimistic, enterprising and positive mind, someone will appear to help you to overcome trouble

I'm counting on this!

I can't even keep track of myself in Zodiac-style birth signage.

You, Doris, and Math have the same birthdate, Seniorita? What a wonderful confluence of nice folk/skating experts. This will go on my list of big birthday coincidences, which include these: May 7 is the birthday of both Brahms and Tchaikovsky, and November 29 is Louisa May Alcott (who wrote Little Women), Madeleine L'Engle (A Wrinkle in Time), and C.S. Lewis (The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and the rest of the Narnia books). On one reading site I'm a member of, we celebrate the latter as Bookworm Day.

As for skating, the thought of Hanyu coming down the pike at us makes me thrilled for the future of skating! It looks as if we'll get to see prodigious skating for quite a few years to come, doesn't it?

lakeside

On the Ice
(Michelle Kwan and I are both Monkeys :))
Just for fun, my mom told me that I’m a Monkey girl. If you’re a Monkey Man then your best romantic matches are Dragon (Korpi), Monkey (Michelle), and Horse (Mao, Yuna, Leonova).

deedee1

Record Breaker
To those who NEEDS a breath of wind in the figure skating world, which sometimes seems a bit rotten to some people. ;)

another news clip from The Ice shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWcsmjQEw5c

I thought Mao is old enough to be regarded as an adult, but she has not changed a bit in a good way ;) since she was twelve. Anyone agrees? :)
And Adelina is a lady now!

Axel99

Spectator
I went to see the Ice yesterday. It was so much fun, and especially the dance battle was hilarious.
The highlight was Yuzuru. He took off his T-shirt and became naked from the waist up!!
Wow… he had a washboard belly and even small chest muscle although he was very very thin.
He should eat more :bang: