Have you been to any good ice shows lately? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Let's talk, thanks a million for your prompt yet very detailed report as always! :yes:

Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent.

Sad to say but I have to agree on this.
Don't get me wrong, because I appreciate Kurt a lot and love most of EX progrmas done by him for eligible skaters. But what bothers me sometimes is a) when the program is too good I would rather see Kurt himself skate to that program, or, b) I can see lots of Kurt-wish movements, footwork and/or counts on beats/rhythm in every program, so I can tell instantly who did the choreo witout knowing that. Yes, yes I am asking too much probably. And that's why I highly regard Miyamoto and his remarkable versatility as a choreographer (though his competitive record as an ice dancer might be nothing compared to Kurt of course).

His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings. Jumps were 3L, good 3A, 3F. In a finale he rotated fully a 4LUTZ. Yes, it was lutz, I was sitting right behind the place where he jumped it, the lutz edge was clear. Not flutz but clean lutz. Both jumps were fully rotated in the air and very light, as if it wasn't a quad lutz at all. He landed and.... fell both times. Still he showed that he can do that. On Sunday show he landed 4lutz successfully, but on Sunday I wasn't there.

:laugh: to Dai's hair performance!

Wow, quad Lutz!
I already wrote it in Dai's other thread, but as I watched the opening of DOI on TV, I was surprised to see, literally, a TRUE Lutz from him. His Lutz take off has improved a lot. I have never seen ;) or expected :biggrin: such a clear outside edge take off by Dai.
I would love to see him go for either 4F or 4Lz at a certain point in the new season. :cool:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't like Hanyu's program. First of all he is one of the cutest boy, whom I have ever seen, but he is a little bit funny when he acts like a sexy man. Maybe 1-2 years from now, he will be sexy Japanese man like Dai. Second: That program is too Americans, I like when Kurt or Jeffry skates a way, but I want to see the Japanese Hanyu, who has own style. Do you understand? I adore his Romeo and Juliette program, because in the program he could be passionate, he was able to deliver emotions.

And I have same problem with Yuna in this program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1gU8vsDOI

This girl is American, American music, American style, American clothes. Where is the Korean Yuna?

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
a TRUE Lutz from him.
Yes, it was. I actually like his both flip and lutz, they are so light. But his lutz I love especially, because of his legs position, not some half-loop/half-lutz entrance, but straight and clear. I too hope he will succeed. We already saw his clean and rotated 4F in last NHK FS warm-up. I am sure his Sunday lutz is somewhere in TV archive since there were TV people with cameras in the arena. Show it to us, you TV guys please! In news or somewhere, don't be greedy. :disapp:

All boys were having a good time afterall it seems:
Dai, Yuzu, Nanri, Kobayashi:
http://twitpic.com/a894gf

seniorita

Record Breaker
^Thanx for video, it is too noisy there but I guess when they do "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" he said the news?:) I cant hear well Johnny too.

Do you know what blades Daisuke changed into? I read he has hard time to adjust, and I was wondering, Plushenko changed his after Miyamoto advice in Pinzolo and it took him days to get used to them, I had noted the model down but now I dont have it, but it was a lighter version, i dont know lighter blades, what are supposed to mean?

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the review and photos, let's talk! Love that photo of Dai, Yuzu, Nanri and Kobayashi!

phaeljones

On the Ice
Yuzuru was having a good time with the audience, funning around, etc. He skated that trashy program that he presented at DOI. . . . Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent.

So agree. Yuzuru really skates the serious stuff really well and it suits him better. But this booty stuff borders on hoaky. I do see a lot of Kurt Browning in it. I really liked (and so rooted for) Kurt Browning when he competed, but I do remember kind of cringing when he did the hoaky stuff, like his (Kurt's) Humphrey Bogart routine. Not cool. Sorry. Hope this stuff doesn't work its way into Yuzuru's competitive works.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I don't like Hanyu's program. First of all he is one of the cutest boy, whom I have ever seen, but he is a little bit funny when he acts like a sexy man.

Could be he is fed up with being seen as a "cute boy" ;) Can't blame him :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Whenever I watch Hanyu I see hello kitty :))) he is still junior and cute but he is the most fierce of what the rest were in his age!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Could be he is fed up with being seen as a "cute boy" Can't blame him

of course, of course..He has teddy bear on the paling when he competes... sexy man + teddy bear.... :laugh:

Whenever I watch Hanyu I see hello kitty )) he is still junior and cute but he is the most fierce of what the rest were in his age!

Yes, this is the reason why i love him. He has wild passion, when he skates, i wouldn't like to see that he loses it in Canada.

Actually the singer is Canadian...:biggrin: :biggrin: hehe

Maybe Yuna really connects with the music and culture? I don't think anyone should be limited to ethnic music from their native country.

OK, don't misunderstand me, I just like when the skaters have diverse styles, unique programs, own colors.:eek: I apologize, I don't know the singer, but he sung in American style or in North-American style. :yes:

Last edited:

doctor2014

On the Ice
Kanako skated two different programs in two shows, in the second she tried to be lyrical but couldn't. And that's the thing that disturbs me the most. Her skating skills are not that beautiful in the first place, plus this lack of presentation makes things look even worse, which is quite upsetting. She is a very talanted hard-working girl who does need a good choreographer and a better coach who will polish her rough stuff. And she needs it now. In the morning she did 3T-3T, 3F, 3S-1Lo-1Lo, the spyral was awful. She also did rocking camel, the element that is not often performed nowdays, but both legs were < and ^ accordingly. In the finale she did a five-jump combo 3S+4 2Lo. In the afternoon the set of jumps were 3Flutz, 3S-2Lo-2Lo, 3F.
Murakami already has a very good coach, one of the most successful coaches in Japan, Machiko Yamada. Mrs. Yamada has coached elite skaters such as Midori Ito, Mao Asada, and Yukari Nakano, all of whom have 3A. Murakami, on the other hand, only has 3T-3T, not even a 3F-3T or 3F-3Lo. Maybe it’s not the coach’s fault. Maybe it’s Murakami’s own fault—that she either is not talented enough or does not work hard enough, idk. But I don’t think you should blame her coach for her own weaknesses now.

And Mrs. Yamada is much more famous and more experienced than say Utako Nagamitsu and Nanami Abe. Yamada can even politick for her students, which is why Murakami and Uno are overscored while Suzuki, Hanyu, Tanaka, etc. are often relatively underscored in Japan.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Murakami already has a very good coach, one of the most successful coaches in Japan, Machiko Yamada. Mrs. Yamada has coached elite skaters such as Midori Ito, Mao Asada, and Yukari Nakano, all of whom have 3A. Murakami, on the other hand, only has 3T-3T, not even a 3F-3T or 3F-3Lo. Maybe it’s not the coach’s fault. Maybe it’s Murakami’s own fault—that she either is not talented enough or does not work hard enough, idk. But I don’t think you should blame her coach for her own weaknesses now.

And Mrs. Yamada is much more famous and more experienced than say Utako Nagamitsu and Nanami Abe. Yamada can even politick for her students, which is why Murakami and Uno are overscored while Suzuki, Hanyu, Tanaka, etc. are often relatively underscored in Japan.

Nakano acquired her notorious wrapped leg under Yamada, which Sato couldn't fix later. She was a great spinner but had rather poor skating skills, which were later improved under Sato. Asada can not do 3-3T, which Arutunian almost fixed but couldn't because she left him. Nakano and Asada are both fluzters. Yamada was just very lucky to discover Ito, but she can not be a good coach in this COP era. Murakami and Uno are both horrible fluzters, and many fans are worried about them, especially the boy.

Yes, she seems very good at politicking, and maybe that's why JSF keeps allowing her to produce more fluzters. It was Murakami who needed a new better coach but not Hanyu. What he really needed was a better training environment/facility.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
This is just your impression. I went to PIW everyday and Plush clearly won! :biggrin:

Okay, okay everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. But the thing for me is I am just JEALOUS of you two, Let's talk and Evgenia! ;) If I ever could have been there, I would not have cared at all which one won over the other one. Because I believe it was indeed a feast for every skating fan in the world to see stunning tangos by Dai and Evgeni back to back. :yes:

(btw, is the above subjunctive mood is correct??? am scratching my head...:scratch:)

And "Welcome to Golden Skate", Evgenia! I love your HN♪ :)

Last edited:

doctor2014

On the Ice
Nakano acquired her notorious wrapped leg under Yamada, which Sato couldn't fix later. Asada can not do 3-3T, which Arutunian almost fixed but couldn't because she left him. Nakano and Asada are both fluzters. Yamada can not be a good coach in this COP era. Murakami and Uno are both horrible fluzters, and many fans are worried about them, especially the boy.

Yes, she seems very good at politicking, and maybe that's why JSF keeps allowing her to produce more fluzters. It was Murakami who needed a new better coach but not Hanyu. What he really needed was a better training environment/facility.
I agree that Yamada is good at politicking, so her students are usually overscored in Japan. And I agree that most of her students are flutzers. BUT you can’t deny the fact that her students Ito, Nakano, and Asada have 3A. (And even though Asada had no 3-3T, she still had 3F-3Lo.) Really, how many women in this world have 3A? And three of them have been coached by Yamada. That alone proves she is a special coach, especially good at teaching ladies skaters how to do 3A.

Murakami is the odd one out among Yamada’s female students. She has no 3A. She only does easy jumps such as 3T-3T, and even with her easy jumps she underrotates them at so many competitions. Her jumping ability is much weaker than Yamada’s three other female students, so it seems to be more Murakami’s own problem than Yamada’s coaching ability. And if she leaves Yamada then she will even lose the politicking benefits.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I agree that Yamada is good at politicking, so her students are usually overscored in Japan. And I agree that most of her students are flutzers. BUT you can’t deny the fact that her students Ito, Nakano, and Asada have 3A. (And even though Asada had no 3-3T, she still had 3F-3Lo.) Really, how many women in this world have 3A? And three of them have been coached by Yamada. That alone proves she is a special coach, especially good at teaching ladies skaters how to do 3A.

Murakami is the odd one out among Yamada’s female students. She has no 3A. She only does easy jumps such as 3T-3T, and even with her easy jumps she underrotates them at so many competitions. Her jumping ability is much weaker than Yamada’s three other female students, so it seems to be more Murakami’s own problem than Yamada’s coaching ability. And if she leaves Yamada then she will even lose the politicking benefits.

I wouldn't call Nakano a strong jumper. She was very hard working, but her jumps never had much height. She tended to underrotate because of the wrapped leg. Murakami's jumps have much more height and speed, and she is a better jumper than Nakano was. Asada used to have 3A and 3F-3Lo but lost them as she grew taller and bigger. The jumping techniques Yamada teaches are not sustainable, and girls lose them when they reach puberty.

It makes a strong contrast to Nagakubo's students, Arakawa and Suzuki. They know how to jump with a mature woman's body. Arakawa still can jump like currently competing skaters at 30. Suzuki once lost her triples to anorexia at 18, and now can land 5 triples and 3-3 at 27.

Arakawa had landed 3A and even a quad in practices. She just never used them in competitions.

Last edited:

doctor2014

On the Ice
I wouldn't call Nakano a strong jumper. She was very hard working, but her jumps never had much height. She tended to underrotate because of the wrapped leg. Murakami's jumps have much more height and speed, and she is a better jumper than Nakano was. Asada used to have 3A and 3F-3Lo but lost them as she grew taller and bigger. The jumping techniques Yamada teaches are not sustainable, and girls lose them when they reach puberty.

It makes a strong contrast to Nagakubo's students, Arakawa and Suzuki. They know how to jump with a mature woman's body. Arakawa still can jump like currently competing skaters at 30. Suzuki once lost her triples to anorexia at 18, and now can land 5 triples and 3-3 at 27.

Arakawa had landed 3A and even a quad in practices. She just never used them in competitions.
I agree that Nagakubo is a really good coach, and I admire him very much. He’s not that good at politicking, but his students do have very long careers. :thumbsup: But I just think that even though the jumping techniques Yamada teaches may not be sustainable, Asada still had 3A and 3F-3Lo when she was younger. Murakami, on the other hand, never had these jumps even in her pre-puberty years.

And even though Nakano didn’t get much height on her jumps, she still landed 3A. Murakami has never landed any 3As, not even any underrotated 3As. If Nakano showed us how one can work hard to improve her jumping ability, then maybe that’s what Murakami needs to do?