Have you been to any good ice shows lately? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

deedee1

Record Breaker

I have watched the full version of DOI. :yay:

LOVED Tatsuki! He is coming into his own as a skater, isn't he?
I know the depth of our boys but I hope he somehow gets his spot at Worlds while he is competing.

It is said that this piece was originally choreographed for his SP 2011-12 season (my guess is choreo by Stephane! :love:)

Tatsuki, can you PLEEEEASE use this lovely "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort" for your SP in the new season??? :yes:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
It is said that this piece was originally choreographed for his SP 2011-12 season (my guess is choreo by Stephane! :love:)
No, it's Miyamoto's masterpiece too. They did two SPs last season. I don't know why they chose Dark Eyes for competitions. I heard Tatsuki is plannig to make a new SP with Stephane. But honestly speaking I'd rather see Legrand at 4CC in Osaka where I hope Machida will be. It's a great work and it suits him so well. He looks different in it, much deeper and passionate. He feels comfortable in it, with lighter jumps and faster/more beautiful spins. I also wish him to keep it in the new season and not as a show program but a competitive one. :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
No, it's Miyamoto's masterpiece too.

I also wish him to keep it in the new season and not as a show program but a competitive one. :)

Thanks. :)
WOW, another one by Kenji. Then I wanna see it as his new competitive program even more so!!! :love:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/

Prince Ice World corps de ballet should tour internationally, more. Today I saw the same program that I saw in May, the one that the created for PIW 35th anniversary. But it was such a pleasure to enjoy this feast of youth, energy and optimism. With speed, triples, even trixels, creativity and huge desire to work. If most skaters worldwide woudn't take it lazy after getting major titles, and thinking that now they should be paid just for titles, who knows maybe the popularity of the sport wouldn't be where it is. Nanri with 3A, Junko with 2A at the age of 39. Who else among female skaters of 39yo does it? Great work, folks. In the morning show Honda did 3Tand 3S, good eagle and spin. In a finale he tried 3T-3T combo but the second jump was with two hands. In the afternoon show he skated Tosca with vocal, 3T with a step-out, 3S done. Arakawa did what she usualy does: 2A, 3S, spin, spiral, ina bauer. The set that she will be probably be doing until she is 45, I guess. In the afternoon show both jumps were with mistakes: 3S- fell, 2A- step out. Ota is one of the skaters who doesn't need any jumps to deliver. She did 2S in the morning and 2Loop in the afternoon but it wasn't her main forte. She still has one of the most magnificent layback spin with terrific posture and soft crystal arms. Her bielman spin with one hand is a never-come-true dream for a lot of competitive skaters.

Most of guest skaters did quite well today. Except that I am not sure what Chika Suguri showed. It was like an ice aerialists with a hoop or somesuch. Risa in the morning tried 2A-3T but the second jump was singled, then 3F, 2A, beautiful bielman, in a finale 2A-3T clean. In the afternoon everything was clean, including combo 2A-3T. She is beatiful on the ice, with clean lines and lightness, but she is a little slow I think. Kanako skated two different programs in two shows, in the second she tried to be lyrical but couldn't. And that's the thing that disturbs me the most. Her skating skills are not that beautiful in the first place, plus this lack of presentation makes things look even worse, which is quite upsetting. She is a very talanted hard-working girl who does need a good choreographer and a better coach who will polish her rough stuff. And she needs it now. In the morning she did 3T-3T, 3F, 3S-1Lo-1Lo, the spyral was awful. She also did rocking camel, the element that is not often performed nowdays, but both legs were < and ^ accordingly. In the finale she did a five-jump combo 3S+4 2Lo. In the afternoon the set of jumps were 3Flutz, 3S-2Lo-2Lo, 3F. Ando skated the same program with two diffrent musics: one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. If the arena technicians accidentally mixed the musics up, nobody would notice, including Miki. She did 2A, 3S, in the afternoon she fell on the second jump. In the morning finale she tried 2A-3T but it looked like she started falling down in the air on the second jump.

Tango duel. Plush and Dai. Both skated tango. Dai- passionate, sensual, mesmeric, with virtuoso legs and charisma of a man who expresses himself through art while staying shy and humble in real life. Plush- seductive conqueror who doesn't take "No" for an answer, powerful and controlling, with super command of ice. But he turns into gentle chevalier when he sees the object of his desire. What tango lover to choose is the matter of preference. Which means one thing- the fight for gold in Sochi will be in TES entirely. It also means that the zamboni-dude won't medal at all in Russia. My guess the podium will be shared between two Japanese and Plush. Yuzu will likely get a bronze. Who will get a gold- the TES will decide. Today Plush outskated Dai. Dai has been skating in shows non-stop since WTT with no holiday at all. At the same time Plush got a crack in his hand's bone in Italy and he was skating with a bandage. They were both fast, with fast spins: layback and ikebana for one guy and for another. Dai had better footsteps though with his virtuoso legs. Plush jumps in spins were at the height where Chika Suguri used a securty rod with her hoop. In jumps. Morning. Dai: 3F, 3A got doubled and step out, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip but heavily underotated and two-footed. Plush: 3T, 2A, 3Loop, 3A, 3L. In a finale he tried 3A but doubled it. Afternoon. Dai: 3F, 3A underotated and fell down, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip again and fell. Plush: 3T-3T, 3A, 3Loop, 2A, 3A, 3T, in a finale- 3T. The audience was louder, younger and genki-er for Plush. Dai stayed longer on the ice to collect more gifts/flowers. Go figure.

I am not available tomorrow. I will be on PIW on Monday for both shows too. Then I'l update you.

http://twitpic.com/e/2h3e

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh thank you for report and great photos!! Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program? Plushenko broke his hand? I m glad he tried 3x, in Italy he was just starting training them.

Who is Ota?

burntBREAD

Medalist
Oh thank you for report and great photos!! Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program? Plushenko broke his hand? I m glad he tried 3x, in Italy he was just starting training them.

Who is Ota?

Yukina Ota was Jr. World champ in 2003, and showed a lot of promise: she was very graceful and lyrical and gave beautiful performances, however I think she had joint problems or some other injuries took her out.

Here's my favorite program by her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LvJxsA88A

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for your detailed report and the photos let's talk. I would have loved to have been in the audience to see the duel of the Tangos. :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Tango duel. Plush and Dai. Both skated tango. Dai- passionate, sensual, mesmeric, with virtuoso legs and charisma of a man who expresses himself through art while staying shy and humble in real life. Plush- seductive conqueror who doesn't take "No" for an answer, powerful and controlling, with super command of ice. But he turns into gentle chevalier when he sees the object of his desire. What tango lover to choose is the matter of preference. Which means one thing- the fight for gold in Sochi will be in TES entirely. It also means that the zamboni-dude won't medal at all in Russia. My guess the podium will be shared between two Japanese and Plush. Yuzu will likely get a bronze. Who will get a gold- the TES will decide. Today Plush outskated Dai. Dai has been skating in shows non-stop since WTT with no holiday at all. At the same time Plush got a crack in his hand's bone in Italy and he was skating with a bandage. They were both fast, with fast spins: layback and ikebana for one guy and for another. Dai had better footsteps though with his virtuoso legs. Plush jumps in spins were at the height where Chika Suguri used a securty rod with her hoop. In jumps. Morning. Dai: 3F, 3A got doubled and step out, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip but heavily underotated and two-footed. Plush: 3T, 2A, 3Loop, 3A, 3L. In a finale he tried 3A but doubled it. Afternoon. Dai: 3F, 3A underotated and fell down, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip again and fell. Plush: 3T-3T, 3A, 3Loop, 2A, 3A, 3T, in a finale- 3T. The audience was louder, younger and genki-er for Plush. Dai stayed longer on the ice to collect more gifts/flowers. Go figure.

I am not available tomorrow. I will be on PIW on Monday for both shows too. Then I'l update you.

Let's talk, thanks a lot for your report and the photo from the show! :)
I hope you will have great time again on Monday! and enjoy three candidates for medal at Sochi, Egveni, Daisuke and Yuzuru!!

P.S. Dai seems to have lost a couple weights, does not he? Should take some rest. :no:

Plushyfan, you've been to the show, too? Wow, I envy you! And thanks for the great photos! :yes:

inskate

On the Ice
Let's talk, I would like to ask, after every show was a bodyguard with Plushy? And I saw Yuzuru also had bodyguard. Why? This was not typical, I have never seen. I do not think the Japanese fans would be aggressive. :)
Look at the bodyguard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8AkqfFEha0&list=FLIxsWSUVe4SU3ZN4FiGlgkA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I think this is just the security staff. They are pretty much always present during the shows, when the skaters go around the rink to talk to the fans and/or accept the gifts. Usually they are just making sure the fans are acting appropriately and not giving inappropriate gifts (i.e. food), or sometimes helping the skater carry the gifts they received. Of course they would interfere if somebody was acting aggressively, but I've never heard about it happen. I've seen the security interfere sometimes when a group of fans was getting overenthusiastic; the fans just wanted to pat the skater or shake their hand, but there were so many fans they were just reaching blindly and could have tripped the skater or destroyed their costume.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
THX four your explanations, I have never seen so close the security man besides the skaters.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program?
His new EX that they created with Miyamoto before shows in China.
Plushenko broke his hand?
He did, in Italy at the last training. They made an X-ray in Russia and then the crack in the bone was discovered.
Let's talk, I would like to ask, after every show was a bodyguard with Plushy? And I saw Yuzuru also had bodyguard. Why?
They are PIW security who protect the property of the arena. They mostly sit to keep that blue fence from falling down. They never check what is inside gift bags.
Off topic but it is all over on twitter that yana and evgeni are 4 months pregnant!:)
Plush himself said it in China at the press conference. It is on youtube. I assume the magazine "Hello!" has some intellectual property rights to deliver the news. So, the comments on pregnancy were not available officially until the "Hello!" was issued. Lol.
==========

Yuzuru was having a good time with the audience, funning around, etc. He skated that trashy program that he presented at DOI. On Monday morning show he did 3T, a very good 3A, 3Loop was UR I think and shaky landing, 3S. All the rest is just cheap tricks, even the jacket was "forgotten" both times to catch extra attention from the audience. Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent. In a finale he landed a clean 4T. In the afternoon show he did 3T, 3A too deep sit, 3Loop, 3S with step out. In a finale he tried 4T and fell. He also hugged Plush and bowed for him deeply, like a pupil to a master. He was the last to leave the ice after time with fans. Then, before to go, he again landed 4T clean, tried to do it in combo but the second jump was with mistake.
Today no tango duel. Plush skated Storm, maybe because it's still tough for him to perform 8 shows straight, and the first show starts at 6AM his body(Moscow) time. In fact there wasn't much left from the last season SP. Spins were for level 1 maximum and looked heavy. The footsteps were similar to showy tricks that Yuzu brought from Canada. Jumps in the morning: 3T-3T, he doubled a planned 3A but later landed 3A (deep sit). In a finale- 3T heavy landing. In the afternoon 3T-3T, 3A good and 3L, in a finale again doubled a trixel. He as always has the most powerful command of ice but when the program is empty, it doesn't help much. His Roxannes on Saturday were waaaay better. On Saturday he won the duel. But Monday belonged to Dai.
Dai won in both TES and PCS. His tango had no crossovers, each movement was meaningful, jumps were out of nowhere without preparation and right after the landing- a layback spin or steps. His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings. Jumps were 3L, good 3A, 3F. In a finale he rotated fully a 4LUTZ. Yes, it was lutz, I was sitting right behind the place where he jumped it, the lutz edge was clear. Not flutz but clean lutz. Both jumps were fully rotated in the air and very light, as if it wasn't a quad lutz at all. He landed and.... fell both times. Still he showed that he can do that. On Sunday show he landed 4lutz successfully, but on Sunday I wasn't there.
The audience was very supportive to all skaters, but Plush fans ruled.
www.youtube.com/user/MegaLetstalk/videos

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plush himself said it in China at the press conference. It is on youtube. I assume the magazine "Hello!" has some intellectual property rights to deliver the news. So, the comments on pregnancy were not available officially until the "Hello!" was issued. Lol.

really? He said public that? well I ve missed it. But in Pinzolo nobody knew about it either and Yana looked very very fit for pregnant lady :)
His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings.
lol I cant stop laughing, Daisuke various haircuts really need a thread on their own:laugh:, i love it!!!
I m looking forward to 4lz, and Hanyu's new programs, I hope Plush took the hint as well :cool:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Entire cast of All That Skate Summer 2012 has been announced

I just posted the new list of the entire cast of All That Skate Summer 2012 in the "Yuna" news thread.

Am trying to follow the GS guidelines against cross-posting, so will not repeat the list here.