YAS-Bebe's Firebird | Golden Skate

YAS-Bebe's Firebird

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a wonderful piece by Bebe, and beautifully presented by Mirai!

I see there was no audience. Do they just submit tapes?

So, who is winning so far?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Great job by both ladies. Mirai looks great here, Bebe seems to know how to play to her strengths and Mirai seems to be taking this piece of choreography seriously. She should seriously consider adapting this into her SP...and branch away from Ms. Nichol.

brightphoton

Medalist
Oh my goodness, I was just about to post and ask if anyone had seen Mirai's new piece because it is by far, miles and miles, better than anything Lori Nichol had ever produced. And it is SO GOOD! Does anyone think Mirai should adapt it for a free skate for next season? WOW!

Trewyn

Medalist
Awesome!! I agree that Mirai should adapt it as a competitive program, she does a great job! There’s only one weird thing I noticed the opening moves all very strongly reminded me of Ashley’s program; the toe steps with the arms into the pose (which resembles Ashley’s starting pose for Black Swan) and the arabesque, which is one of Ashley’s first moves in that program as well. I guess toe steps and arabesque etc are all general ‘balletic’ moves that, when the aim is a balletic program, might be used, but the succession of those three moves had me thinking ‘wait, what?’ for a second. Other than that I really loved the choreography; it had some truly beautiful moments!

russell30

Final Flight
Love all the nuances in the performance from Mirai, suits her well, probably would work wonderful under the 6.0 system but with COP there is so much more to pack in to rack up the points, but yes has potential....my only criticism is that "Firebird" has been used too may times, but IF Mirai choses if for her SP or LP it could turn into a masterpiece perhaps.....

kalle

On the Ice

:love::love::love::love

This is how I love to see Mirai,just flowing around the ice,stretching out and actually seems to feel the music so well!Oh,how I would love for her to get it all together next season!
Does anyone know how her new training routines are going?
Bebe is doing a great work here and I remember that I always liked her programs very much,such a powerful skater and obviously a talented choreographer.I wish they would collaborate on at least a SP for Mirai..

There’s only one weird thing I noticed the opening moves all very strongly reminded me of Ashley’s program; the toe steps with the arms into the pose (which resembles Ashley’s starting pose for Black Swan) and the arabesque, which is one of Ashley’s first moves in that program as well.

I think anyone trying to be a bird tends to put in a certain amount of arm-flapping and bird-like positions at the beginning, just so the audience will get it. Compare Bebe's first challenge, where she presents "time" by starting off by mimicking the hands of a clock ticking around.

Love all the nuances in the performance from Mirai, suits her well, probably would work wonderful under the 6.0 system but with COP there is so much more to pack in to rack up the points...

Yes, I agree. If you took this program and stuck in a triple Lutz here and a combination spin there, the danger is that it would reduce the choreography to a shambles. Take Patrick Chan's Elegy :love:. The response to this program was one of astonishment because we had never seen Patrick actually do dance choreography before -- who knew?

Even in 6.0 there were many programs that (in my humble opinion) were wonderfully constructed as competitive programs and brilliantly presented, but had practically no choreography at all. Michelle Kwan's Tosca at 2004 U.S. Nationals :rock: and her Aranjuez at 2003 Worlds :rock: are examples.