Who is going? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who is going?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Interesting fine print. Even if you only get one day in the nose bleeds, 10 instead of 25 is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Considering the attendance of the last 3 SAs, this one should be interesting.....At SA Portland, they had so few people that they let people stay for the Gala for free just to fill some seats....SA ontario wasnt exactly crowded, either.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Looks like I will be there Sunday! Can't wait. :) Now, to get tickets. Looks like I'll have a choice: buy now online, or take my chances with the $10.00 seats. Hmmm....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I will try to make the Friday meetup, but if I miss it, or you do, my husband & I will be in Section 103, Row 10, seats 1&2. Since that is the handicapped seating, it will probably will be folding chairs. He is a heavyset gentleman with a cane & glasses. We are both in our 60's, but he doesn't look it, lucky fellow. I'm short, fat, and have short, dark hair & glasses. And I hope an orange T on Friday.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I will try to make the Friday meetup, but if I miss it, or you do, my husband & I will be in Section 103, Row 10, seats 1&2. Since that is the handicapped seating, it will probably will be folding chairs. He is a heavyset gentleman with a cane & glasses. We are both in our 60's, but he doesn't look it, lucky fellow. I'm short, fat, and have short, dark hair & glasses. And I hope an orange T on Friday.

Great -- you're not too far from me! My husband and I will be in Section 104, Row 2, seats 17 & 18.

jdw715

Rinkside
I'll be in 101 row 3 seat 6. I have an entertainment book for the area. I'll check for 1/2 off restaurants.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
On Sunday, I'll be in Section 107, Row 11, Seat 8. I'm crossing my fingers that no one tall sits in front of peewee me! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Getting excited! I have work today then I will drive over tomorrow morning. I hope to catch the women's/dance practices tomorrow morning.

Anyway, look forward to seeing some GS folks at our meetup 5 p.m. tomorrow at the main entrance. I'll use my iPad to flash the GS logo just in case i can't stand out from the other Asians who will be there. Otherwise if you can't make it, I've posted where I'm at, so just come by and say hi. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm so jealous, you guys! It's not fair! :cry:

;) Have a great time. My favorite part of skating events is hanging out with other fans... it's much more fun that way!

jdw715

Rinkside
I already have tickets but the the $10 offer says "One Day Admission Only." Does that mean both events on Saturday or Sunday? Shouldn't it say one session only?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I am wondering, does all this orange paraphenalia mean I should root for Netherlands in speed skating should I ever attend an event?

BTW, we arrived, and everything so far has been as my grandad would have said, "slicker'n eel snot."

Seattle airport is a rat warren, but they really have done a lot to make it relatively painless, despite having to go down multiple escalators and take a tube train, standing up holding a pole, to get to the baggage claim. It's obvious that the city grew, and there was no where for the airport to go but up-I have never seen so many multiple floor car garages next to one another. And you have to take a bus to get to all the car rentals, and that new facility is still 5 floors of cars.

The second we got to the baggage carousel, there were our bags, first out of the chute!!

We took our GPS from home and therefore had no trouble finding the hotel (Best Western that backs up to a golf course with ducks waddling across it at all hours.). It is very tranquil, and being Seattle, the coffee is good, free, and plentiful. It is good to be near one of the internet centers of the universe, because this motel has the fastest internet I've ever had in a motel/inn/hotel!!

The arena is about a mile from the motel, and the parking around it is very reasonable (and free).

And there are a lot of restaurants in the area. We asked the guy who fixed the TV in the room where a good Mexican restaurant was, and he directed us to one (Taqueria Rincosito) that was both low price and excellent, not to mention having fast service, including take out, and the Mexican sodas made with sugar rather than High Fructose Corn Syrup (which is like a visit back to our childhood, when sodas were made that way). Having spent a lot of time in San Francisco & Austin, TX, in our working days, we like good Mexican food, but there is none to be had in CT (there is OK sort of Mexican food, but no good Mexican food).

Even if the arena is no good, I'm ready to approve Kent Showare center for another event!

Today we are resting up & killing time until the GS meetup at 4 to 5.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I hope you guys have a fabulous time!

Dang! so near and yet so far.. ( why am I broke with an out of date passport ? )

When the TV coverage comes on I'll be scanning the stands for orange T-shirts...:laugh: