Preakness Stakes on Saturday--2nd leg of the Triple Crown | Golden Skate

Preakness Stakes on Saturday--2nd leg of the Triple Crown

Johar

Medalist
It would be nice to see a chance for a TC if I'll Have Another wins. I'm going to a Preakness party out on the lake so I can't wait.

May 19
Thoroughbred Classics: Preakness Stakes, 4:30PM-5:00PM, ESPN
Preakness Stakes, 5:00-6:30PM, NBC. Post time is 6:20.

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
I'll Have Another won! We have a chance for a Triple Crown! The last year for one was 1978!

I'll Have Another won! We have a chance for a Triple Crown! The last year for one was 1978!

Yippee! I will start crossing fingers now. I'm still not quite over Smarty Jones' not making it, although I love him anyway, crown or no. (Hey! I'm a Kurt and Michelle fan. Some athletes transcend championships.)

Johar

Medalist
I remember when Real Quiet lost by a bob of the head at the wire; had he won stewards would've placed him 2nd for interfering with another runner and anarchy would've followed.

I was lucky to meet Affirmed, the last horse to win a Triple Crown. He was in his stall when I walked into his barn. I said, "hey champ!" and he raised his beautiful chestnut head. He KNEW what I was calling him. Affirmed was gentle and even let a fan kiss him on the nose. Before I left I said, "Thanks for the memories."

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We were out late Saturday afternoon, so we watched what we could then and played back the rest yesterday afternoon. Another great match up for I'll Take Another and Bodiemeister! Looking forward for another chance @ the Triple Crown.

You are indeed a lucky ducky, Johar!