Donna Summer has passed away | Golden Skate

Donna Summer has passed away

That's a loss. I watched several of the performance clips that TV programs showed of her, and they reminded me that she had a lovely voice--it wasn't manufactured in the sound engineer's studio. She looked and sounded very good until the end, too. I was impressed that Barbra Streisand, one of the vocal phenomenons of the century, issued a comment today praising Donna's voice. (I think they sang together on something.)

In her honor, I found my favorite song on YouTube: "Last Dance." It still makes me want to dance.

heyang

Record Breaker
That's a loss. I watched several of the performance clips that TV programs showed of her, and they reminded me that she had a lovely voice--it wasn't manufactured in the sound engineer's studio. She looked and sounded very good until the end, too. I was impressed that Barbra Streisand, one of the vocal phenomenons of the century, issued a comment today praising Donna's voice. (I think they sang together on something.)

In her honor, I found my favorite song on YouTube: "Last Dance." It still makes me want to dance.

I had to go look since your comment about a duet made my memory buzz. Yes, they did share a duet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Tears_(Enough_Is_Enough)

Oh, now I remember this! How lovely their voices sound together. Thanks so much, Heyang! Think of all those little whiny-voiced teen clones, with their mechanically induced "hit records," and then contemplate these two ladies' beautiful instruments, each with its own mellifluous shadings. Disco isn't my favorite musical style, but there's no disputing the quality of Summer's voice. Well, she's singing with the likes of Rosemary Clooney now.