Stars on Ice 2012 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2012

Teenes

On the Ice
I'm a little curious why there's no talk about Stars on Ice in this forum (unless I completely missed a thread somewhere). The Canadian tour just completed in Vancouver on Friday and I would love to hear what people who saw the tour in the US, Japan, or Canada thought.

I can contribute my own reviews and photos:
Toronto/Hamilton Review
Toronto Photos
Hamilton Photos
Vancouver Review
(I also have US photos/reviews if anyone's interested)

But I'd love to hear what other people thought!

sillylionlove

Medalist
I think it's because there were only 10 shows in the US and not many people had the opportunity to see the show.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks for the reviews. A sign of the economic times, with such a reduced US Tour. A shame really, when they can't even schedule a tour date in the NY Metro area. In 2011 we had a decent crowd on Long Island even with sky high pricing.

Teenes

On the Ice
Thanks, iluvtodd. The Hershey show and warmup must have been really fun to see.

While we're at it, I'll link my US show photos and reviews. I wrote my US show review for the people who weren't able to see the show - I went all uber-detailed to describe the show.
Seattle Stars on Ice Photos
San Jose Stars on Ice Photos
Seattle/Wenatchee Review

Yeah it is quite unfortunate that the US show didn't have a sponsor or the money to do more than 3 days rehearsal or go to more than 10 cities. Hopefully things are better next year - it does kind of sound like they plan to come back - but I'm kind of waiting and seeing. At least the Canadian tour has an enthusiastic sponsor in Lindt, and a title sponsor in Investor's Group. I guess not many people here are Canadian, since the Canadian tour wasn't reduced at all this year?

njtoddfan

Rinkside
Glad you all enjoyed my review. It's a shame the tour hit so few cities this year because it really was fabulous. My favorite since 2005 Imagination. Kurt did a fantastic job!!

Tara

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks, iluvtodd. The Hershey show and warmup must have been really fun to see.

While we're at it, I'll link my US show photos and reviews. I wrote my US show review for the people who weren't able to see the show - I went all uber-detailed to describe the show.
Seattle Stars on Ice Photos
San Jose Stars on Ice Photos
Seattle/Wenatchee Review

Yeah it is quite unfortunate that the US show didn't have a sponsor or the money to do more than 3 days rehearsal or go to more than 10 cities. Hopefully things are better next year - it does kind of sound like they plan to come back - but I'm kind of waiting and seeing. At least the Canadian tour has an enthusiastic sponsor in Lindt, and a title sponsor in Investor's Group. I guess not many people here are Canadian, since the Canadian tour wasn't reduced at all this year?

Maybe Kurt can become a co-director for the US tour. Sounds like he brought new life to the Canadian side of things... Scott should use his choreography skills more!

Glad you all enjoyed my review. It's a shame the tour hit so few cities this year because it really was fabulous. My favorite since 2005 Imagination. Kurt did a fantastic job!!

Tara

Please do stay awhile and comment more. I'm especially glad to hear about how well Kurt did.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
On Youtube you will find 3 beautiful SOI skates from Japan, Mao, Miki and wonderful Hanyu. They are worth watching just put in SOI 2012 japan. I wish more was available. if you find others. There is also a wonderful Japanese fan party for Jeremy. He is much loved by the Japanese ladies and received scads of gifts. What a life!

Teenes

On the Ice
Maybe Kurt can become a co-director for the US tour. Sounds like he brought new life to the Canadian side of things... Scott should use his choreography skills more!

Kurt is the codirector and choreographer for both tours. The show was the same in the US and Canada except that there were girls' transitions in the US he didn't think worked so he replaced it with a girls group number in Canada which unfortunately suffered from lack of rehearsal time. I talk about all of this in my reviews that I linked...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I had posted Abbott's tweet earlier in the general ice-show thread, but am adding here today's approving response from Wagner ;):

Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf
"I would be happy if I could skate this number with these men for the rest of eternity. @WeaverPoje @J_Butt #scottmoir http://pic.twitter.com/5XWLOfTk"
1:44 PM - 23 Jun 12

Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010
"@jeremyabbottpcf I wouldn't mind that so much either!"
6:16 PM - 25 Jun 12​

heyhey

On the Ice
I had posted Abbott's tweet earlier in the general ice-show thread, but am adding here today's approving response from Wagner ;):

Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf
"I would be happy if I could skate this number with these men for the rest of eternity. @WeaverPoje @J_Butt #scottmoir http://pic.twitter.com/5XWLOfTk"
1:44 PM - 23 Jun 12

Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010
"@jeremyabbottpcf I wouldn't mind that so much either!"
6:16 PM - 25 Jun 12​

Hmmm - Ashley has good taste, LOL...wouldn't mind skating or having dinner with these guys either...