Yukari Nakano's triple axels | Golden Skate

Yukari Nakano's triple axels

Bartek

On the Ice
After a long break, my next video. This time the collection of Yukari's attempts at the triple axel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhzVYt9R6as

I wonder how it's possible to land a triple axel rotated enough to get it ratified with such little height.

Enjoy, comment and share :).

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That first one she ever did in competition at the Chuba Regional Championships was her best. Next best would be Worlds 2008 (robbed).

gmyers

Record Breaker
The 3A in 2008 was so horrible because she did it just fine and then because of the rules she got less value than a 2A. How did that stand? What was wrong with people? How was that accepted? How can the ISU really not change the rules because Nakano was robbed horribly. This is why IJS or COP may be the worst system ever or was from 2007 to 2010.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Because she got called for several under-rotations that night (deserved or undeserved, you decide)

macy

Record Breaker
i see what you mean how can she do it with little height...but they were almost all underrotated anyway.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I was surprised Nakano could even get close on the rotations with that dreadful leg wrap she had.

Yukari was a victim of too many really good women skating for Japan at the time.

I was surprised Nakano could even get close on the rotations with that dreadful leg wrap she had.

Yukari was a victim of too many really good women skating for Japan at the time.

I agree that her leg wrap was unattractive, but she didn't wrap on the axel. It was one of the few jumps I could bear to watch her do. On the other jumps, I was always terrified that she'd tangle herself in the air and fall in some dangerous way instead of landing. But her axel was lovely, as was the rest of her skating.

Bartek

On the Ice
Donut spin is what I love the most about her skating. She used to hold it for 8 revolutions at the end of her programs. But her triple axel was the weakest out of all triple axels landed by ladies in my opinion. It's really tiny when compared to Midori's triple axel or Mao's one. Of course, tiny or not, it's still an admirable achievement for a lady to land such a difficult jump.

Here's Kimmie's triple axel:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWU4YeBNRws
What do you think, which one is better? Kimmie's or Yukari's?