All Things Ice Dance: Russian | Page 2 | Golden Skate

All Things Ice Dance: Russian

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I never did figure out why Paganini needed a red glove; I took a guess that either it was meant to be a violin version of the Red Shoes, where Guerreiro had to keep playing as long as the glove was stuck on his hand, or that he had played his fingers bloody, or some such, or else that Pushkash was bothering him while playing and he stabbed her.

In some ways, the sock puppet story is more plausible, for sure :laugh:

Russia apparently has no Champs Camp censorship program for costumes and story lines ;) .

noidont

Final Flight
Well, for me I/K is THE Russian couple. Elena has striking musicality, something B/S doesn't have. I don't mind Morozov as far as they can stay consistent. As of R/T, they need to increase their speed and lightness to move up. Of the three junior couples my favorite is actually Yanovskaia/Mozgov.

Something I always wonder is how Monko/Khalavin survives. Their lift positions are just atrocious and it's not really improvable.

Redstone

Rinkside
Well, for me I/K is THE Russian couple. Elena has striking musicality, something B/S doesn't have. I don't mind Morozov as far as they can stay consistent.
All other things aside, he did cleaned their skating and was the person to actually make them work. In the first half of the season, AFAIK, they were working on their general physical condition and it somewhat was repayed withe Euro bronze and the Worlds 5th place.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Macassar88, Do you what the name is of the music they are using?

I think this choreo suits them better than what their previous coach was doing for them, for sure.

Also this was posted on youtube recently.

Zenkova-Sinitsin SD (I believe they are staying in juniors)
http://youtu.be/77hdUmAkINg

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
I have no idea of either music cut, but at least they aren't doing a dramatic Yankee Polka (although Sinitsina and Zhiganshin will probably do that so we won't lose out completely...)

And I noticed that her posture is improved and that their choreography goes with the music more. I love the way that the first set of twizzles ends with the music perfectly. I also like their new twizzles. They are much more in sync and smoother whereas I felt like in the past their twizzles were pretty rocky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWmYXC8HSk&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s (2012 Russian Nats) If you look at their twizzles, especially the second set, it feels like they shifting their movement too much from the front of the blade to the back of the blade and back.
Obviously there are still improvements to be made such as the beginning and end as well as the music change, but it's still very early in the season and their polka SD has more of a polka feel now than their Latin SD had Latin feel at the end of the season. Also, I'd like to see them get a harder step sequence - Doris, do you know what this one would get? It feels like a level 2 or even level 1, but I'm just looking at level of apparent complexity, not the actual steps since I don't know enough about them to tell. Also, they need to smooth their lift out a bit.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I really like B/S' music and I like that lift.

I agree that you can see some improvements , even at this stage of the game...:) ( I'm encouraged )

Macassar88

Medalist
I just merged the two threads.

Sorry didn't remember that there was another thread with the same name.
But I hope we get to see some more dances before the Russian test event

Also I can't wait until after Sochi when all the younger teams start getting better. It's incredible to think that with the current top three being young still that during the next quad there could be five or six top level teams at least fighting for three spots.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Did anyone else notice that Kosigina and Moroshkin's ISU bio has both Igor Shpilband and Gorshkov as their coaches?

Macassar88

Medalist
This video has been privatized, now I can't see it:disapp:

Sorry I'm sure it will be up again once the test skates come out.
But just to get your mouth watering a bit, it's much better than anything they ever would have gotten from Kustarova. Also, her back is straighter and their twizzles are better. The program is still unfinished but looks promising.