I Can't Wait to Start Lessons! | Golden Skate

I Can't Wait to Start Lessons!

Chamberlain

Spectator
I just found out that I get to start Figure Skating lessons on Monday! I am so excited! I have wanted to Ice Skate for soo long and after I convinced my parents to let me I went out and bought some skates and we set up lessons. My soon-to-be coach told me I should go out on the Ice prior to lessons so I can see how it feels, any tips? And what should I wear? I know not to wear jeans.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Welcome to GS, Chamberlain! Post long, post often! :rock:

and good luck with your lessons!

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Just wear clothes that are comfortable and remember to bend your knees. Good luck with your lessons and have fun.

UsedtoDance

Rinkside
Have fun! Yoga pants are good to wear. It is kind of my skating practice uniform. :). How exciting, I hope you enjoy your lessons.

skaterlover

Spectator
Wear clothes that are easy to move around in and are not too loose but not too tight. Basically you just have to be comfortable. Put your arms out to the sides for balance, and bend your knees to keep your balance. Have fun!

Noga L.

Rinkside
Hi! I suggest you wear tights and long sleeves, nothing too warm though. Before your lesson just skate around for a while to gain some confidence and balance, it'll teach you to control your speed, oh and learning to stop is important too! :)
I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.
Best of luck!