News of Igor Shpilband's new school | Page 5 | Golden Skate

News of Igor Shpilband's new school

let`s talk

Match Penalty
In the interview to World Figure Skating #56 Igor said that he was shocked when he heard of his firing and felt that the whole situation was unfair. He refused to give any comments on the ground that his lawyer told him so. They are currently preparing for the lawsuit against the management of the rink and Zueva. Here you can see the text in Japanese where the said information is mentioned: http://twitpic.com/bp5pwx He also said that skaters were in a very difficult position when the whole story happened but he didn't say anything about his possible future job with eaither D/W or V/M.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see Davis and White go to Igor next season. Can you imagine the drama in Sochi with the two top teams being coached by former coaching partners who now can't stand each other? Maybe finally we would see some bad blood between the two teams and not the same sickening sweet things we always hear about how the two teams get along so well. Skating needs some attitude and controversy. :laugh:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This was interesting:

Jana Khokhlova -- the 2009 European ice dance champion who competed with Sergei Novitski and also worked with Shpilband while she was teamed with another partner, Fedor Andreev -- is very glad about the recent results of Riazanova and Tkachenko.

"Their progress is already visible. Igor has brought a fresh wave to their performances," Khokhlova said. "I can say that the guy's skating has improved overall, and their style also has changed a little bit. In general, they've left a good impression."

Jana Khoklova went with Shpliband and not Zoueva? :eek:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Khoklova & Zoueva's son Andreev were training with both Zoueva & Sphilband. Andreev became injured, and I lost sight of what Khoklova was doing...no announcement that she went back to Russia or anything.

So I'm curious. Is she in the US? And if so, which of the 2 camps did she end up in? Because of the Andreev connection, I would have thought Zoueva.

But here she sounds to me like she might be working with Igor...

Does anyone know?

blue eyed birds

Spectator
To me, the disclaimer "worked with Shpilband while she was teamed with another partner, Fedor Andreev" seems to imply that she only worked with Shpilband [and Zoueva, as unstated] when teamed with Fedor. But I don't have any information on the current situation.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I thought she had gone back to Russia, and didn't someone recently mention she was coaching /assistant coaching with some school in Russia ? (I can't remember who )