Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Plush is listed! Wow! Dai, Plu, Chan in one battle. Cool! (Lucky me). Also, Brezina is in Team Europe. In Team NA- Zawadzki. No G.Gold so. There is still one open spot for a lady in Team Japan (presumably for Mao?)
    www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2012/
    WOW! Really lucky you!!!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 08-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    A cool event. Money money money only in Japan Asia Japan Asia. Have pairs and dance too!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Plush is listed! Wow! Dai, Plu, Chan in one battle. Cool! (Lucky me).
    Yes yes! Many of GS members, me included of course, look forward to and appreciate your usual 'detailed' reports on this pre-season battle! I am sure it will add fuel to some devoted fans of these skaters prior to regular Grand Prix battles.
    Last edited by deedee1; 08-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Yes yes! Many of GS members, me included of course, look forward to and appreciate your usual 'detailed' reports on this pre-season battle! I am sure it will add fuel to some devoted fans of these skaters prior to regular Grand Prix battles.
    Yes, Deedee, the GS forum won't be a friendly, really fun place..

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I hope we will be able to keep it friendly & fun, even when people will of course disagree, we hope they will be able to disagree without being disagreeable!!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a little confused. I've been hearing that Gracie Gold is on the list for Japan Open. Now it seems that Zawadski is there instead, they always make a lot of changes at the last minute.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I hope we will be able to keep it friendly & fun, even when people will of course disagree, we hope they will be able to disagree without being disagreeable!!
    I hope too, Doris....

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    According to the official site, Gold's reason of "withdrawal" is "a change of her competition schedule". I'm not sure what that means.

0 Not allowed!
    She's going to the Salt Lake City Senior B, where it appears USFS is billing her as a headliner?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    She's going to the Salt Lake City Senior B, where it appears USFS is billing her as a headliner?
    I don't think that IS the reason. SLC is three weeks before JO. Agnes Zawadzki seems to be invited to JO insted of Gold. Besides JO is not a serious competition requiring serious preparations. It gives prize money of at least $10'000 plus the gala stipend. That's too attractive to decline if you're not a millionaire. Maybe, Gold is planning Finlandia trophy or something.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Japan Open
    Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki, Daisuke Takahashi, Takahiko Kozuka,
    Ashley Wagner, Agnes Zawadzki, Patrick Chan, Jeffrey Buttle
    Alena Leonova, Elene Gedevanishvili, Evgeni Plusneko, Michal Brezina

Medal Winners Open

Sarah Hughes, Shizuka Arakawa, Irina Slutskaya, Laura Lepisto,
    Joannie Rochette, Kurt Browning, Ilia Kulik, Alexei Yagudin,
    Philippe Candeloro, Takeshi Honda, Jeffrey Buttle

So, one ladies' spot for MWO is still undecided. I guess it goes to Asada. Her presence should have a significant impact on the TV rating. Besides that there are not many realistic candidates left.

Kim is shut out from any IMG events. Kwan is too expensive and not so popular in Japan. Cohen ... could be an option. But the organizer has spent too much money already and I don't think they need another expensive skater to sell tickets.
    Last edited by NMURA; 08-18-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Both rosters look wonderful! The medal winners open, with Shizuka, Kurt, Ilia, and Alexei, is simply mouthwatering--better than chocolate! I hope that if it's available to see on video on YouTube or on any site, we'll be told here on GS.

There are a bunch of ladies from Georgia who work in my office building. I'll have to tell them that Gedevanishvili is featured. I hope her streak of excellence continues and improves this year. Wouldn't it be great if she got a world medal?

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    waaah soo thrilled to see Mao participate in JO

Uno, Dos, twizzle!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I don't think that IS the reason. SLC is three weeks before JO. Agnes Zawadzki seems to be invited to JO insted of Gold. Besides JO is not a serious competition requiring serious preparations. It gives prize money of at least $10'000 plus the gala stipend. That's too attractive to decline if you're not a millionaire. Maybe, Gold is planning Finlandia trophy or something.
    Not to mention that Agnes is also competing at SLC. I'm trying to think if the initial JO invite was before GP assignments. Skate Canada is later that month, so maybe she's trying to pace herself. (Though there's plenty of time between JO and SC).

0 Not allowed!
    Has Gracie graduated yet? Or perhaps starting college?

If so, perhaps there are school conflicts involved?

Just speculating.

0 Not allowed!
    Has Gracie graduated yet? Or perhaps starting college?

If so, perhaps there are school conflicts involved?

Just speculating.
    I might be wrong......but Gracie is still pretty young. More like Gabby's age....and still a high school student.

Maybe someone can set us straight..?
    Last edited by janetfan; 08-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Gracie Gold just turned 17 yesterday. I don't why she isn't going to Japan Open, but she may still have to compete at her Regionals October 14-18 before her GP debut at Skate Canada?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    question i thought gracie was 17 last year, but hey i am wrong, and skating like gymnastic changes ages to their advantage.

why not caroline zhang asked, just curious.

or gao, mirai, rachel, or for that matter the canadian youngster.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Gracie Gold just turned 17 yesterday. I don't why she isn't going to Japan Open, but she may still have to compete at her Regionals October 14-18 before her GP debut at Skate Canada?
    Thanks Sylvia.

Doesn't it seem pretty clear that Gracie is going to an event that will not be nearly as disruptive to her training schedule and will give her the chance to earn points towards her world ranking/

Am I missing something here

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast