Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wonderful FD by the Shibs! This is the first season that I have really loved their programs and felt that both truly worked! Well deserved silver here, I am very happy for them! :gclap:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Two perfect dances for the Shibs! My congratulations, I enjoyed them very much :)

The fact that they lost to Weaver/Poje with these dances is just disturbing, though. They were better in almost every aspect in BOTH programs! Technically AND artistically. But, oh well :rolleye:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Don't really follow dance, but became a bit interested after watching their Coldplay O Ex last year. Love their SD and FD this season. And those twizzles :love: Thought the FD was a bit flat in the challenger series, however they upgraded it and now it looks much better. Enjoyed their perfomance yesterday a lot!! Looking forward to the next competition :D

slider11

Medalist
Shibs have stupendous programs this year! Last night in Canada they made a huge step forward with the judges. Finally, the judges are seeing their value. I am optimistic that these scores will continue to grow as will they. Look out Chock and Bates and Weaver/Poje. Sadly Gabriella and Guillaume are likely out of the picture this year - get well Gabriella.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a wonderful pair of back to back performances!!! Way to go Shibs!!

And what a wonderful turn around since their last outing at Nepela :yahoo: :cheer:

#tearsofjoy
#skatingstoryoftheseason

not to mention

#Shibswuzrobbed

But the heck with that.

Real story:

#Shibs_are_awesome

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
A bit late, but congrats for a great skate! Just noticed both S/K and Shibs beat C/B and W/P on tes- has something changed for the better in the Zoueva camp?;)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's those twizzles that put them over the top in TES, just watched the FD for the 3rd time and they are just perfect. I've never liked Coldplay (mostly due to Chris Martin's vocals) that much but they are making me like that song. Maya's extension on that lift (where it looks like she's doing a spiral mid-air) is gorgeous!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maya's extension on that lift (where it looks like she's doing a spiral mid-air) is gorgeous!

Yes, this was the first time that the lifts were quite striking! I feel like their lack of height difference (while not small when compared to some teams, but greater than teams with wow lifts like both of the C/B teams) , not to mention Alex's past injuries limited the types of lifts they could do. For such a long time, I felt they sort of went with the stock lifts.... But yes, I'm glad to see they found lifts that actually made the most of their strengths instead of highlighting their weaknesses. (i.e. Maia's extension in the straightline lift)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's those twizzles that put them over the top in TES, just watched the FD for the 3rd time and they are just perfect. I've never liked Coldplay (mostly due to Chris Martin's vocals) that much but they are making me like that song. Maya's extension on that lift (where it looks like she's doing a spiral mid-air) is gorgeous!

The twizzles were also the highlight for me! I loved how the crowd reacted to them too :)

TMC

Record Breaker
The twizzles were also the highlight for me! I loved how the crowd reacted to them too :)

I swear I've rewound the video to that part at least a hundred times already. I get such chills from the audience reaction!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know they brought someone new in to help with the choreography, but I have forgotten who it is.

They need to get him/her on retainer!

Shift me from the "meh" column to "uber-fan."

Both dances at SC were amazing.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I know they brought someone new in to help with the choreography, but I have forgotten who it is.

They need to get him/her on retainer!

Shift me from the "meh" column to "uber-fan."

Both dances at SC were amazing.

It's Petr Tchernyshev.