Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

You got to see a MASTER CLASS? You lucky duck, Seniorita. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and impressions with us. Miyamoto, Dickson, and Mishin sound fascinating. It's moments like these that remind me how much I enjoy being a skating fan.

I love the image of the little girls following Liza around like bees.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes I m much respectful to evgeni and mishin who let us watch, watching Miyamoto and Dickson together on the same ice is a real dream.
And is good to see upcOming talents too, there is a whole bunch. Also plush Liza and Arthur teach sometimes the tiny ones, it is great to watch.

I wrote in the morning in jest that plush impersonates both, I think they just tell the story in a very fresh way.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I would have liked the Prokoviev because Adrian Schultheiss has been trying to do that versoin but injuries has hampered him. His arrangment is great! I think Hanyu as skating to more Kissing You which is the theme to to Baz Luhrmans Romeo and JUliet but comes with lyerics and I think of the great singing of Des'ree. ROta is good and used a lot but it is not a Tango so that will be interesting for Plushenko no matter if it is war horese. Then you have other R&J music but I think he chose well.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I just hope that Mishin doesn't strip all of the choreography out like he usually does. Just once I would like to see Plushenko really show off all that he can do, not just the jumps.

seniorita

Record Breaker
From what I saw mishin agreed with Miyamoto and was approving of everything and if sth didn't work they were all discussing it, there is a specific moment in the choreo they must have discussed it for an hour or more:) the good thing is that plushenko looks totally healthy and they can work a lot.

Liza is insisting on her spin positions a lot, she really works all day, she is amazing to watch working, she just grabs the choreography!I think Arthur has a very difficult program, sp or lp, I dunno.

Macassar88

Medalist
From what I saw mishin agreed with Miyamoto and was approving of everything and if sth didn't work they were all discussing it, there is a specific moment in the choreo they must have discussed it for an hour or more:) the good thing is that plushenko looks totally healthy and they can work a lot.

Liza is insisting on her spin positions a lot, she really works all day, she is amazing to watch working, she just grabs the choreography!I think Arthur has a very difficult program, sp or lp, I dunno.
What do you mean that Liza is insisting on her spin positions a lot?
And now that the Gala has happened, can you give us her music name?

seniorita

Record Breaker
The gala was between the skaters and their parents, Liza will say ab the music soon enough I think. She works on her layback and sit spin all day, that's what I meant, and she is doing a new one I don't remember from last season.

Ooh, and we've all forgotten the Tchaikovsky R & J! Or at least I have.

But probably my favorite is the Prokofiev. The balcony scene music is so romantic and impassioned. To me it makes Ravel's Bolero sound like elevator music.

Here's the Prokofiev performed by its masters, Fonteyn and Nureyev. (Notice that one of the comments below the video says that Fonteyn is 47 at that time.) But even if you just close your eyes and just take in the music, it will suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBRN5BXt6o

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
The gala was between the skaters and their parents, Liza will say ab the music soon enough I think. She works on her layback and sit spin all day, that's what I meant, and she is doing a new one I don't remember from last season.

Okay cool. I'm glad to hear. How are the spins looking? Are they getting better extension and positions?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Seniortita, again thank you so much for your wonderful report! :)

I m faaaar from expert opinions ab programs, but yes it is awesome to see how they build a program from scratch. And Miyamoto is sooo cool, he explains every single move, I love him.the sequences he made are wonderful.

I m very impressed with Dickson as well, he looks the sweetest person ( with great hair:)) he makes a program with Arthur and he insists on many details, Arthur just skates bits of it for now, i found the program very packed at some point. 

I watched also a masterclass he gave yesterday and thought he was a genius, he made the skaters have same steps with two completely different kinds of music.

Mishin is really a cheerful person, he uses games to teach, today with Dickson they were showing  how not to skate with fists firm and used all kind of tricks.

I am so glad Miyamoto is getting recognized on the international skating scene! :yes:

I always wondered why not more US skaters will be working with Dickson...especially US girls, you know. He is a genius! But for some reason I don't know, their first picks seemed almost always Lori Nichol.

It's been my dream for years that Daisuke will be working with Evgeni Platov again or with Tom Dickson for the first time. :love:
Oh, sorry guys for the OT. I just can't help myself talking about my boy at least once a day. :biggrin:

What wonderful photos! Thanks. They definitely give me a "you are there" feeling.

Liza looks wonderful, as if she's strengthening and gaining authority over her skating. And the photos of Plushy remind me of how happy I am that he's continuing to contribute to skating. We've debated over his age in regard to portraying Romeo, but another aspect of his maturity and experience is that he skates as a man, not as a boy, and his presence adds scope, diversity, and range to the skating that we fans get to see. We need both the Hanyus and the Plushenkos in skating, and inevitably there will be more of the former (fiery young skaters) than the latter, whose ranks are thinned by injury, age, and just the desire to move on.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just hope that Mishin doesn't strip all of the choreography out like he usually does. Just once I would like to see Plushenko really show off all that he can do, not just the jumps.

Yeah, but I´d suppose there must have been a valid reason for Mishin´s stripping all of the choreography. I´m really curious to see whether there will be "a new Plushenko" or not.

bestskate8

On the Ice
What wonderful photos! Thanks. They definitely give me a "you are there" feeling.

Liza looks wonderful, as if she's strengthening and gaining authority over her skating. And the photos of Plushy remind me of how happy I am that he's continuing to contribute to skating. We've debated over his age in regard to portraying Romeo, but another aspect of his maturity and experience is that he skates as a man, not as a boy, and his presence adds scope, diversity, and range to the skating that we fans get to see. We need both the Hanyus and the Plushenkos in skating, and inevitably there will be more of the former (fiery young skaters) than the latter, whose ranks are thinned by injury, age, and just the desire to move on.

THIS

Thank you!

Seniorita, you must be in haven to watch Mishin in act :thumbsup:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I m faaaar from expert opinions ab programs, but yes it is awesome to see how they build a program from scratch. And Miyamoto is sooo cool, he explains every single move, I love him.the sequences he made are wonderful.

I m very impressed with Dickson as well, he looks the sweetest person ( with great hair:)) he makes a program with Arthur and he insists on many details, Arthur just skates bits of it for now, i found the program very packed at some point. 

I watched also a masterclass he gave yesterday and thought he was a genius, he made the skaters have same steps with two completely different kinds of music.

He is also  working with Liza, is it reported that Wilson did her programs? I think her lp looks like Wilson and is totally in her comfort zone, but it looks like Dickson does her sp and I already love  it, I think it will be a brand new image of her! It suits her age too.he also does her exhibition.

Liza has grown up since last time i saw her, she has more curves and looks little bigger, yesterday she was practicing spins but in the programs she hit her jumps. I think she took notice of the ice covering critics and she skates bigger.

Btw the  little girls of the camp look upon her and follow her everywhere like bees, lol

Mishin is really a cheerful person, he uses games to teach, today with Dickson they were showing  how not to skate with fists firm and used all kind of tricks.
I ll go one more day to the arena because the area here has the best scenery to tour and I don't wanna miss it.

Thank you for the great report, seniorita! Just wondering--when Miyamoto choreographs and talks to Plush and Mishin, do they all speak English? Or do they have a translator?