Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

bestskate8

On the Ice
I think I said it is not Marton version that he did for t/m in 2006.

Too bad, because Marton's version is so beautiful, and his violin has magic sound indeed, its real Stradivari and it has pure hеaven sound. Those who played violin know about it.

I hope, for Olympics in Sochi Plushenko will use Marton’s violin again!:thumbsup:

Seniorita thanks again for interesting news. I wish I have time off from work and money to travel.

ps. Seniorita check PM please.

Last edited:

bestskate8

On the Ice
Oh, dear, dear, dear. Dark Eyes and Love Story? Here's this prodigy of a girl, who's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they're giving her those much-used tunes? Not only are they trite by this time, but at least one of them is unsuitable in terms of her age. Love Story can be terrific, if there's a couple involved to create the chemistry. Some tiny sprite skating by herself, who looks as if she has a poster of Justin Bieber on her wall, is not the ideal interpreter for this piece, which is about not just love but death. But at least if the music were less familiar, Liza could be innovative and make us pay attention, as Michelle did when she pulled off her astonishingly mature Salome at fifteen.

One of the most admirable things Carolina Kostner did this year was to break out of the customary mold with her music. Mozart is fresh to our ears as skating music. I wish that Liza would take a page from Kostner's book and find something less familiar as a skating piece.

Well, let me suspend judgment until I see the actual programs. Liza may surprise me, and indeed I expect her to if she's become that good.

Do you think Costner would be able to pull a great Mozart program and age 15, not sure about it.
I think Liza is on a right track, especially with Dark Eyes. Love story is a big question.

Plushenko’s R&J is a great choice as well for his age now.

Do you think Costner would be able to pull a great Mozart program and age 15, not sure about it.
I think Liza is on a right track, especially with Dark Eyes. Love story is a big question.

Plushenko’s R&J is a great choice as well for his age now.

I actually think that music such as the Mozart can work better for a young skater than something obviously romantic (especially tragically romantic) because it's absolute music rather than programmatic or narrative music. The skater can concentrate on jumps, beauty of line and technique, and other aspects without having to pretend to an intensity of emotion ithat is--I hope--beyond her experience at this point. (Of course a more artistically mature skater could get even more out of Mozart, but that's another story.) Let me put it this way: I'd rather see a very young skater interpreting a piano concerto than Carmen or Bolero.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
After rewatching Liza's SP, here are my thoughts:
The music is too mature for her. I think that at her age, she'll want to have music that can carry her more because I don't think she's artistically ready for this. It's beautiful music, but I don't think she can do it justice.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
After rewatching Liza's SP, here are my thoughts:
The music is too mature for her. I think that at her age, she'll want to have music that can carry her more because I don't think she's artistically ready for this. It's beautiful music, but I don't think she can do it justice.

I think it's too early to say because the program was just created and she obviously doesn't feel it yet. However, I much prefer her LP, I think this version of Dark eyes suits her very well and I like the choreography, although I didn't think that Wilson is the right choice for Liza now I see I was wrong. I especially liked the step sequence. Hope she'll keep this program and curious to see her Love Story SP

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:love: Finally Artur is transforming from a mini-Evgeni into HIMSELF!!! :cool:

Can't wait until the new season begins. :yes: I WANT Artur for TBD spot at Japan Open!

I don't think, he is like Plushy. Plushy's skating full of energy, power, he is so fast on ice, but Arthur isn't. Maybe some moviements are similar, but I no wonder. Arthur grew up with Plushy, he saw him every day. And you don't forget about the "Russian style". :) Yes, i can't wait the next seson, will be very exciting and interesting.

deedee1

Record Breaker
And you don't forget about the "Russian style". :) Yes, i can't wait the next seson, will be very exciting and interesting.

"Russian style": yeah that may be it.

Anyway I came back home and have watched his program again.
LOVED his program. Artur has improved his posture a lot, don't you think? :love: I think he used to skate with a bit of stooping shoulders (is this the right English word to choose?).

His headless twizzles were one of the coolest things for me last season (along with Takahiko's straightline spread-eagle in his EX number, Brian's solid one-foot circular step and Daisuke's swinging legs during the VAS' straight-line footwork). :cool: I hope Mr. Mishin doe not take them out from his program as the season gets near to the end. :yes:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
REPORT FROM THE SUMMER CAMPS IN TARTU, ESTONIA JULY 2012 - by Karen Davies

Arrived in Tartu after a 12 hours of travelling from England and so tired, got a good night's sleep, when we arrived at our hotel Paras(skaters' Hotel)

Thursday 26th July.

Had a great view over the ice rink, where we could eat in the restaurant and still keep warm. After watching Artur and Lisa's training, I saw Vitaly and Evgeni approach the ice rink, Evgeni looking calm and cool as always as he entered onto the ice and began his training. This was early afternoon at around 12.30pm local time, and he practiced continuously for 30 minutes , with Mishin coaching him very throughly, doing a great job and of course you could see the bond between them. Evgeni made all the jumps he had to do within his training session, and landed them well, with great and ever improving skill, I could see how focused, even more this season, he is in training working extremely hard and looking very serious, apart from the occasional smile and glance over to Mishin. From time to time Mishin and Evgeni would skate slowly together up and down the rink with Mishin advising Evgeni on his skating techniques, But all looks good, Evgeni came off the ice happy enough with his efforts. Harry and I went down and talked briefly with Evgeni and Vitaly. Evgeni was happy to autgraph my photos and seemed in a good mindset. I have to say Evgeni looked very fit, healthy.
The evening's training was much more intense with Evgeni first practising his jumps again, and got impatient sometimes, because what we see as really great jumps, is sometimes not good enough for Evgeni's standards, he is a perfectionist and expects 100% from himself. This is why he is a world class figure skater, and does not expect any less. Evgeni wants to ensure that he is at a high standard for next season and takes everything he does extremely seriously, this is great to see, you know he is doing his very best to stay at the top and never give up, such drive!!!. After 30 minutes Evgeni's Chorographer - Pasquale Camerlengo. came on to the ice and went over Evgeni's steps, movements and artistic flow on the ice,. The eye to eye contact between Pasquale and Evgeni was so concentrated you could feel the power of every movement in his new program and feel every tension in the air. The training continued for another 30 minutes at least and I know for certain Evgeni is in great hands with his Chorographer. I think by the end of the evening's training Evgeni was tired and left the rink with Vitaly. It had been a long day's training on and off ice, he needed his space and you have to respect this. I did not at first like the music for the program, but because i see Evgeni great technical ability the music will fit around his skating beautifully and he will make this work well, only Evgeni can do this.

Friday 27th July:

Went down to the rink and Evgeni came for his afternoon practice the same time as the day before, again practicing on the ice for around 30 minutes working on his jumps, doing always his best and nothing less. It just felt amazing to be there and to watch my hero at work, I feel previleged.
The Evening session was the most intense yet. For 1 hour 40 minutes Evgeni trained with Pasquale, Evgeni sheer power, ability and above all endurance in all his movements.... well you have to be there to see this live, it is better than any show, to see the master at work on the ice, watching him do what he is the greatest at, I have never seen anyone skate this remarkable, It is true!!!! Every step, spin, jump and transition into the music was done with perfection. I am so proud to be here. Then eventually Vitaly, Mishin, Evgeni and Pasquale left the rink, having trained really hard.

Then the Gala, we saw many very talented young skaters, but the highlight for me was the outstanding performance from Lisa, and also Artur, who has gained more power and strength in the past year, within his abilities on the ice. The lightening was beautiful and it was for sure one of the best Gala's I have seen. It is a credit to Master Mishin for all his hard work and commitment, for many years to help and support existing and new, up and coming skaters, to achieve high standards and opportunites needed to compete in the future.

Saturday 28th July:

Evgeni came earlier today and started his training at around 11.30am. he practiced his jumps and looked very relaxed and happy on the ice. His skating is very consistant and never fails to disappoint, great to be supporting him here.

The best moment of the day, is when Harry got his certificate for his participation in the summer camp, and Mishin approached Harry and I to go over for the photo when Evgeni came off the ice, Mishin joked with me and we captured a great moment with Evgeni, smiling with Mishin standing behind Harry, in the photo, I managed to get 2 photos with 3 great guys in there and one of Mishin and Harry, I feel this summer camp went really well and gave Master Mishin a big farwell kiss on his cheek, I got on well with him, Vitaly was very poliet and kind too and I told Evgeni personally how incredible he was. Evgeni remains very focused on training which is great news!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ha, i know the karen + harry team!!!I ve met the lady at euros, she was first row cheering the loudest, her baby boy is adorable. :)
Arg but she didn't say which is the music of sp??? Do you know what jumps he did?
Thanx for report!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ha, i know the karen + harry team!!!I ve met the lady at euros, she was first row cheering the loudest, her baby boy is adorable. :)
Arg but she didn't say which is the music of sp??? Do you know what jumps he did?
Thanx for report!
She didn't mention the music. No, I don't know about the jumps, but I know what you want to know :biggrin:
Karen was in Pinzolo in last year, like you Senorita. She is a very big fan of Plushy.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
off topic!

Evgeni Plushenko ‏@EvgeniPlushenko

У меня скоро родится сын!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just twitted that they expect a son soon!!!! :hb::clap: He will have four sons!!! :yes::laugh: (Yana's two sons, they are living with them, Plushy's one son from his ex marriage, and the next son)