Restaurants and food. What do you like or not like? | Golden Skate

Restaurants and food. What do you like or not like?

Johar

Medalist
There is a place near me called Northwoods. Their sister restaurant is Southwoods. Anyhow, I love their Bleu Beacon salad that came with meals along with their bread. But, as of last month, they stopped taking bread to the table and now ALL salads are a'la carte. Now my friends won't go there anymore because of that.

Fast food--I can only eat salads or drinks from them, and never any chicken on the salads. I used to eat Burger King Whoppers once in awhile but not the last two years.

When I was on Hilton Head Island, we discovered a dive place that had the best seafood! Rachel Ray had even been there. It was called the Sea Shack and from the outside it was nothing impressive. Same with the inside. But a local recommended it and the locals know where to eat. I was in heaven over okra, collard greens and steamed seasones spinach. YUM!

I once ate at Tavern on the Green in NYC. There was nothing about the food to write home about and it was very expensive.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm ok with most fast food places for lunch or a snack - but I always cancel the mayo, special sauces and pickles.

With regards to pricey places, I've been to Charlie Trotter's in Chicago, Jules Verne at the Eiffel Tower and Collichio and Son's (owned by Tom Collichio of Top Chef fame). All were wonderful dining experiences. I've also been to the White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, ME - it's only3 star rated in Maine. The appetizers and dessert were very good, nice service, lovely decor - entrees were only ok. Another pricey price that wasn't worth it was the Restaurant at the Biltmore Inn on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC - really good service, but food was only ok for the price.

We've had a couple of corporate events at Tavern on The Green - always buffet style. There were always a couple of standout selections (i.e. seared ahi tuna), but otherwise, didn't really standout for me either. The wait staff was usually very accommodating - gave out leftover boxes. I can't recall what's happening with the building since it closed, but 1 summer they had gourmet food trucks there every day during the summer - never got over there to check those out.

As far as sit-down restaurant chains, I like Macaroni Grill and Bonefish Grill. Don't care for PF Chang's (chinese food at take out places is more authentic, more reasonably priced) nor Olive Garden.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like Local... I could give you a run down of Disney places I'd eat again lol or where to eat in South Central Alaska...

I don't enjoy Olive Garden, but I love Red Robin...

I'm such a picky eater lol

I don't go out much to eat. Now that I'm trying to give up meat, I don't judge restaurants by the way they make roast duck. One dish I always look for is eggplant parmesan.There are a lot of local Italian restaurants around here, and I usually order that, either to eat there or to take out. Yum!

Does Olive Garden have eggplant parmesan? I think there's one near here. I'll have to investigate.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of the national/regional chains, we like Panera, Cosi, Saladworks, Olive Garden (especially for the soup, salad, & breadsticks for lunch), Cheesecake Factory. If we go to Boston market, I like to get the side sampler (mostly veggie/fruit items - I'm not vegetarian, but I like those sides).

I do like Boston Market. They have real food.

Actually, I like Wendy's, too. They have a very nice Caesar side salad, and I love their baked potato. So much nicer than French fries.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I did think of a few chains I love:
Red Robin, BUBBAGUMP (even though I hate seafood, I just love the theme!), Johnny Rocket's... I think that's it lol

I like International House of Pancakes, though their servings could last me several meals. I just love breakfast food, I guess: pancakes, omelets, waffles, French toast.