Samuelson and Gilles split | Golden Skate

Samuelson and Gilles split

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I've just logged in on purpose to share this news. Blue Dog beat me to it. lol
it's such a shame that Emily is without a partner... again. :( She is so talented!
Also I wish nothing but the best for Todd as well.
Their FD to Stairway to Heaven was really good and showed a lot of promise. Hopefully they will be able to move on and be happy with their choices.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I read her facebook post too. I'm so glad that she took the time to post the story since their will be no press release from the usfsa. I wish her luck in the future.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:unsure:I didn't think this partnership was going anywhere..but I want Emily to have a partner..:eek::eek:

I feel we wuzrobbed that we haven't been able to see her perform... at the level she's capable of.

I hope she can find a partner . It's still the first split I can't get over, and I don't want carry this resentment around forever.;)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
First Jana Khokhlova, then Vanessa Crone, and now Emily Samuelson. It's so tragec that all these first-rate female ice dancers are without worthy partners...:cry:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
First Jana Khokhlova, then Vanessa Crone, and now Emily Samuelson. It's so tragec that all these first-rate female ice dancers are without worthy partners...:cry:

They would form a most amazing synchro team!

However, in all fairness, this is why I think solo dance should be added at least to worlds.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to their bios, their heights are:
- Copely 5' 7"
- Samuelson 5' 4"
[For comparison: Lichtman 5' 6". But Bates 6' 2", and T Gilles 6' 0".]

In any case, best wishes to Emily and to Todd.

deedee1

Record Breaker
However, in all fairness, this is why I think solo dance should be added at least to worlds.

:thumbsup: Blue dog, I second that!

I am sure this new descipline will attract not only viewers/fans but also SKATERS, and help a great deal to regain the popularity of this sport which has been, sad to say, declining these days. :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm not surprised, but I do hope that some nice tall ice dancer guy is soon there for Emily. I miss her skating.

brightphoton

Medalist
Is it possible for two women to form an ice dance team? I'm just sayin', it would probably solve this gender ratio problem. I get that women have some upper body disadvantages, but honestly, female figure skaters should do more upper body work anyway and this will encourage them to do their pull ups.

brightphoton

Medalist
It's time that female pairs and ice dance skaters revolt. It's a damn shame that so many women can't skate simply because there aren't enough men to go around.