#8 for Michelle Kwan? | Golden Skate

#8 for Michelle Kwan?

S

SkateFan4Life

What do you all think about Michelle Kwan's chances to win her eighth US title? IMHO, she's going to win this in a walk. She is well rested, focused, and she knows how to compete and win under pressure-filled situations. As far as I'm concerned, the real competition will be for the silver and bronze medals -- Kirk, McDonough, Corwin -- and perhaps a few other skaters - may provide the real excitement for this competition.

My hope is that all of the women will skate their best and show us their marvelous skills. The last thing I want to see is for the competition to be a splat-fest in which the skaters with the "least worst" programs win the medals. UGH.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I have faith that Michelle will show up well prepared and ready to deliver two strong skates. However...I think it is a major mistake to count Sasha out. She did skate a number of strong, clean performances in the Grand Prix and it is more than possible that she will do so again at Nationals. She is such a wild card this year. She dominated 4/6 events this year and showed much more balance than last year. However, the last two events were splat-fests as everyone knows. I think with Sasha being so unpredictable that, in turn, makes Nationals quite unpredictable. At any rate, I'd love to see Michelle skate like she did last year and earn a spot on the World team.

S

SkateFan4Life

Kindly disregard this thread. I was unaware of the Nationals folder. Thank you.