DWTS All-Stars | Page 6 | Golden Skate

DWTS All-Stars

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought that samba was terrible; I couldn't believe that Derek chose that to do what??? show off Shaun's dancing skills???

I enjoyed the #, but it definitely wasn't a samba - it was really a contemporary trible style dance. If it had been on SYTYCD, it would've been praised by the judges.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apollo didn't seem to have his heart in the show or at least that's what I thought. That's why I thought Apollo should have gone home instead of Gilles who seemed happy to be on the show.

Kitt said:
I'm rooting for Melissa and Tony this season.
I rooting more for Tony...has any of his stars won??? Tony seems like such a nice humble guy unlike a couple other male pros.

No, Tony has never won before. A Bulgarian friend of mine is a big fan of his out of Balkan solidarity (Tony is from Kosovo). So I've been following him too. He's so nice, and seems very patient, except for the year he had Kate Gosselin, who was whiny and difficult. The best he's done up to now has been third, with Melissa in her earlier season and with the wonderful Stacy Kiebler. I wonder whether a lot of voters are voting for Melissa so that Tony can win--he's gained his own following, I'm sure. Melissa herself is charming and seems very popular, so maybe their combined fan bases will bring him to the top. Though I love Shaun and Derek, I wouldn't complain if Melissa and Tony won. They're so wholehearted in their efforts, as are the other two finalist teams.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think I want Shawn to win. She's matured so much since her 1st season.

Melissa is also deservedly in the finals. She's also a former Dallas Cheerleader. A bit too perky for my likes.

I'm glad Kelly is the finals. Of the top 5, she had the least amount of dance experience (shortest season of DWTS) and is not an athlete and does not typically perform to a live audience. In a sense, she was at the biggest disadvantage as related to the competition as compared to the others. She was fighting for it more than Emmett. If Apolo had not stumbled, he might've edged out Kelly. I don't think she should be the champion, but not unhappy about her finishing 3rd.

Yes, I've been very impressed with Kelly's work ethic. She is so intense you can almost see an electrical field radiating from her. Sometimes this show brings out such wonderful traits in the contestants.

All three of the finalists are appealing. My favorite is also Shawn, but there's Tony to consider as a deserving pro winner. Next week is going to be fun!

This finale is splendid so far. The previous contestants are doing dances. Drew dances with Anna and with his young daughter, simply endearing. She's wearing this little tutu--every girl's dream. Both partners do variations on hoisting her in the air, where she flails happily.

Helio shows up, and he reminds me why I love him so much. He's so nimble and easy on his feet, and that smile--very apt that he was named for the sun. He's with his partner Chelsie, who if I heard it correctly is asking him why, if he lives in Brazil, he speaks Portuguese (presumably instead of Brazilian....).

I realize how attached we get to the contestants and their pros through the years. It's clever of the show not to set up rivalries the way they do on shows like Survivor or even Project Runway. We get a friendly vibe from these folk, and it makes us happy to see them again, even across several seasons.

I am too, though I'd have been equally happy with any of the three results. A wonderful group of finalists, and it was great to see the Fierce Five for an encore. Wonder whose idea that was? Such a clever inspiration for a final dance.

Why doesn't someone figure out how to make a dance movie using Derek's choreography as well as Derek himself?

I'm so happy for Tony!

And the others didn't do too badly either. They all came out looking wonderful, both the pros and the contestants.

heyang

Record Breaker
Definitely one of the more enjoyable finales for multiple reasons. During the prior season, it was 3 hours of mostly recap. This season, the recaps were kept to a minimum, new #'s from the all-stars, etc.

I"m glad for Tony on the win. I do think that some people voted more because they wanted Tony to win and some might've voted anti-Derek/Shawn. Regardless, all 3 finalists were justifiably in the top 3.