Match Penalty
I love their FD minus the hideous voice overs
but the SD sounds like a generic Caucasian/Turkic folk songs

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
You guys make me afraid of watching their FD:slink:
Let's just leave it like this -
The only way Morozov should have been able to choreograph this abomination is if he was bribed by Zhulin/Bobrova/Soloviev to ruin his own team so that BobSol could be russian number 1 again

^ I'm absolutely thrilled for them! Competing at FT was more than worth for them, which is not to say for W/P who competed at Ondrej Nepela:(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The only way Morozov should have been able to choreograph this abomination is if he was bribed by Zhulin/Bobrova/Soloviev to ruin his own team so that BobSol could be russian number 1 again

looks like I/K getting Rus No. 1 spot isn't happening anytime soon :(

Macassar88

Medalist
looks like I/K getting Rus No. 1 spot isn't happening anytime soon :(

Their Uzbekee Polka (yes, I deliberately spelled Uzbek incorrectly) isn't much better than their FD. And the fact that Bobrova and Soloviev beat Weaver and Poje (the fact that Weaver and Poje didn't get their levels isn't Bobrova and Soloviev's fault) will only help them get back to Russian No. 1! I've always been a huge supporter of them even through all the ridicule, and now it's finally paying off!
Also, Bobrova and Soloviev got the highest tech base value in the comp! All level 4 with 2 level 3 steps!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I gather (from doing some research) that his father isn't ice dance champion Alexander Gorshkov. Who were his parents?

His father is Oleg Gorshkov who skated pairs with Gorshkov's mother, Svetlana Frantzusova (she was a single skater b/f and now is a coach)

I/K programs are both just horrible. I had to laugh at those ridiculous speaking parts. What where they thinking? It's worse than Aguilera screaming through half of Sotnikova's program which is so unbearable.

So proud of B/S, I'm loving their programs. And great TES!!!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are they allowing music with vocals? I don't want to hear someone like Christina Aguilera screaming like a banshee while someone is skating. :mad:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just lyrics aren't allowed.....yet!! Maria B. skated to a program (1999 sp??), that had vocals in it. Amodio Black Eyes Peas rapping in his Moscow Worlds' lp was illegal though.

Country
Russia
His father is Oleg Gorshkov who skated pairs with Gorshkov's mother, Svetlana Frantzusova (she was a single skater b/f and now is a coach)
Yes. Not very famous pair, their best was 3rd place at Universiade-1995.

Svetlana Frantzusova's best as single was 2nd place at Universiade-1991.
Now she is in "Mishin's team of coaches", StPetersburg. She works with very young skaters, after her they are at other coaches. She is former coach of Uliana TITUSHKINA (3rd place at JGP Courchevel 2012) and some other known in Russia young skaters.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Jeez, after reading your description I was prepared for something horrendous! It's clearly you like B/S a lot but you don't have to bash I/K like that, calm down. And no, I don't particularly love I/K's new FD but I like it better than Ave Maria.(the screaming is a bit too much though)

Macassar88

Medalist
Jeez, after reading your description I was prepared for something horrendous! It's clearly you like B/S a lot but you don't have to bash I/K like that, calm down. And no, I don't particularly love I/K's new FD but I like it better than Ave Maria.(the screaming is a bit too much though)

I personally think that it is much worse than Ave Maria. The beginning is okay, but once the voices start, it goes downhill. It is, for me, so OTT that I can't help but laugh whenever I see it.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Maybe because they paid and didn't want to be rude nut the crowd in the video applauded I/K. I almost thought the crowd Would boo it after they saw it based on what happened. But also crowd didn't boo Domnina and aha Alina aboriginal dance and it was in fact what crowds were Shown and applauded for them for after the Vancouver Olympics. So this may be I/k aboriginal dance in terms of Internet chatter but of course they won't have aboriginals after them and it is not the Olympic season and they are healthy enough to change programs unlike domshabs who could not change a thing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The program is very new to I&K, as she is just recovering from a shoulder injury. Let's hope they make some changes in it. Particularly getting rid of the voices.

Last year there were far too many perky programs; this seems to be the year of angst.

And I have yet to see a skating crowd boo when a program was a stinker in North America. They give a polite golf clap. What is striking, when an audience does not like a program, is the shocked silence: no standing O, no gasps at elements, no laughs at the funny parts, no cheers. Silence.

Is I&K's next competition Rostelecon Cup? I'm really looking forward to their next outing of programs in a very anxious, worrisome way. Lovely SD, though.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena said they were going to skate at Crystal Skate in Romania next week. They were originally supposed to be at Coupe de Nice this week.