2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am really shocked about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin being beaten. They were so good last season and I thought they would progress to a higher level this season. What has gone wrong? What is the issue with Kustarova/Aleeva?

They were below on TES on the FS and had 1 point deduction, no protocols yet but I think Sinitsina must have fallen or something

Country
Russia
Julia LIPNITSKAIA interview after Finlandia Trophy

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5465.html (Russian)
Julia LIPNITSKAIA: it would be very good to reach the Grand Prix Final
08.10.2012 07:50:01 | Figure skating | News

Today, on October 7, in Espoo (Finland) finished the international event on figure skating – Finlandia Trophy. Russian skater Julia LIPNITSKAIA won competitions of Senior Ladies, with total score 188.23. Popular Finnish skater Kira Korpi lagged behind on 7,07 points. Julia LIPNITSKAIA shortly commented her skating to TEAM RUSSIA-2014 portal.

«I am very happy with the skating in this competition, - Julia LIPNITSKAIA saidd. – These were my first international competitions at Senior level. I'm glad that in Free Skating (on music of the ballet "Nutcracker" of Tchaikovsky – TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Comment) made the difficult combo 3Lz+3T. Committed a mistake on filp – made double instead of the triple. Certainly, it is necessary to work on making programs better, but at all I skated easily and Short Program (Khachaturian's "Sabre dance" performed by violinist Vanessa Mae – TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Comment)».

«Tasks for this season – ito skate good at Events of Senior Grand-Prix, - Julia Lipnitskaya specified. – It would be very good to reach the Grand Prix Final which will be in Sochi. Also I want very much to take place in Junior Worlds».

herios

Medalist
Interesting but I think we really want to see how B and S do against I and K and just how close they can get to W and P and P and B as well as where will the judges put Italy C and L.

"The Judges put them". when fans think this way it reminds me the pre-COP era, when a dance team was cast in stone for a full season at least on the same position.
You guys have to get out of this mindset, because ice dance is judged more like a sport these days, based on execution and not protocol. That is why for example, C/L defeated B/S in the FD while in the SP the russians were ahead.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
"The Judges put them". when fans think this way it reminds me the pre-COP era, when a dance team was cast in stone for a full season at least on the same position.
You guys have to get out of this mindset, because ice dance is judged more like a sport these days, based on execution and not protocol. That is why for example, C/L defeated B/S in the FD while in the SP the russians were ahead.
:agree: In the 6.0 era, in Ice Dancing, if a skater placed 2 at the World Championships, 90% he would have been still 2 the year after (unless the skater that have been 1 the previous year retired), and it didn't mind how he/she/they skated! This is why G/P placed 1st in the Golden Waltz in 1998 at the Olympics despite an evident and important mistake when the others skated cleanily (it's just an example, I don't have anything against G/P)! Now, this kind of judging it's (almost) over, and the result depends just on how the couples skate that day, not on their reputation; obviously, there are still cases biased judging and unfair results, but you can argue them basing on the protocols: in the 6.0 era, you could just read the marks and no one had to give explanations on why did the judges give them... The "European duel" is quite open: P/B are surely in the top 3, but I think B/S and C/L programs are really interesting, the battle for the silver and, maybe, even for the gold, will be fantastic!

herios

Medalist
I used to think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have a wonderful senior debut not anymore :disapp:
they are going downhill unless they leave Kustarova/Aleeva, most of their good students have left them already
Pushkash/Guerreiro actually was the clear winner the were underscored on the FD and and S/Z were overscored on SD even with mistakes

Pushkash/Guerreiro outperform them, soon Stepanova/Bukin will put them even lower on the Russian rankings

You are jumping to a hasty conclusion way too fast, based ona marginal defeat. That means not much at all. Plus the russian rankings will be very unstable, because there are a lot of teams with very similar capabilities. I feel that their national teams will keep changing the next few years. As far as S/Z is concerned, they re very talented, will keep developing. I am not reading much into this result.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Sorry.. Please chill out. Put them - score them, adjudicate them, judge them, view them, perceive them, in comparison to others, place them - all based on techinical elements and pcs of course:)

gmyers

Record Breaker
I totally agree that there is a desperate need to get 6.0 language on judging out of all commentary starting with tv people like Tom Hammond Scott Hamilton Sandra bezic all the way to message boards but message boards are better. Totally don't like it.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Looks like the doom merchants were premature in writing off Liza T. She performed a superb SP today in the St. Petersburg Cup, scoring 69.43. Here are the protocols.

Positive GOE on all elements, including a 3Tx3T combination, 3R, and 2A. Very good PCS marks as well

I was really looking forward to Tuk, Gracie and Osmond going head to head at Skate Canada. Well one thing is for sure the puberty monster is making it tough for another Russian skater. That's why all the excitement for Tuk last year and Lipnitskaia was perhaps premature. Once these girls start growing would they still be able to jump like they did when they were 4'10 and weighed 70 lbs?

As Mark Twain might have put it, news of Liza and Julia's demise as skaters was somewhat premature........

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
I can't wait to see her in TEB! Hopefully she incorporates a 3A and 3Lz-3T in her free skate and the 3Lz-3T in the SP (I don't think she'll stick the 3A in her SP this season)

Mao88

Record Breaker
The video of Liza's SP is now on YouTube. Here is the link:-

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Short Program (St. Petersburg Cup)

Great performance. I think the talk from her camp of withdrawing her from Skate Canada was them just being very cautious following the recovery from the injury. The odds are that she will now compete at Skate Canada.

At some point during the season, I'm sure that she will restore the 3Zx3T combination to her programs.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
nice strategy, since she just got back form injury she does her 2A at the near end of her SP to rack bonus in consolidation for her 3T-3T

I can't wait to see her in TEB! Hopefully she incorporates a 3A and 3Lz-3T in her free skate and the 3Lz-3T in the SP (I don't think she'll stick the 3A in her SP this season)

I don't think she'll do 3Lz-3T since she just got back from injury maybe by Euros or Worlds she'll have it, let alone a 3A is not doable this season for her, lol

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Senior Ladies Result Overall:

1 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 191.91
2 Svetlana Dobryagina 142.55
3 Elizaveta Leonova 110.77
4 Anna Iinsarkina 101.25
5 Maria Malakhova 92.43

LP Results:

1 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 122.48
2 Svetlana Dobryagina 94.67
3 Elizaveta Leonova 73.31
4 Anna Insarkina 62.58
5 Maria Malakhova 61.61

http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1213/cup2spb/SEG022.HTM

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Protocols are here
Only 3Lz-2T, but 2A-3T at the second half of the program :) Both lutzes and flip are clean, so Liza is fine, it was way too early to write her off :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Protocols are here
Only 3Lz-2T, but 2A-3T at the second half of the program :) Both lutzes and flip are clean, so Liza is fine, it was way too early to write her off :)

its good she is still attempting her lutz after her injury, she had 2 mistakes
she doubled her combo ( 3S-2T ) and and doubled her 3lo ( 2Lo)

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
How many points did she get in bonus? Because her total score with the two mistakes and lack of 3Lz-3T in SP still trumps her 2011 TEB scores where she only had one mistake by almost 10 points