2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
some withdrew from Mocow skates, Fedorova/Miroshkin and Anna Shershak, I hope she is Ok :cry:
winner of Russian Pairs in Moscow Open Championships

Evgania Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov score: 136.73
they will compete in Croatia JGP with Davankova/Deputat

huge jumps and huge triple twists
they look like veterans , have they competed before in JGP ?

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q06sZlt-_p4&feature=plcp
LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQgctKmMmM&feature=plcp

second place, the more voidy mini version Savcehnko-Szolkowy :laugh:
Chernyavskaya - Souza Cordeiro ( he is from Cuba ) score: 117.43

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB2PCAUED44&feature=plcp
LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WTX9tTunBU&feature=plcp

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Thank you for the links. Chernyavskaya looks quite young.

they are a new pair, just teamed up last summer and placed second behind Fedorova/Miroshkin in a competition
they need work on SBS, she fell on their LP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She is not currently listed on the JGP. I wonder whether the Korean Fed will add her now? Sylvia's Twitter thread says she is only 13 though. If so, she might or might not be eligible.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She is not currently listed on the JGP. I wonder whether the Korean Fed will add her now? Sylvia's Twitter thread says she is only 13 though. If so, she might or might not be eligible.

I think 13/14
so Julia Li has both Russian and Korean Citizenship ?
It will be good move for her to represent Korea, her jumps reminds me of Yuna's minus her rippon lutz, lol

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think she would want to switch countries if she lives and trains in Russia. By placing high enough in a few competitions she can get herself on Russian team and that would mean that she will have her training expenses and competition dresses paid, so why would she want to represent Korea? I don't think Korea pays their skaters training expenses.

Maybe they didn't know about her and that's why she didn't get JGP event. That happened to Davankova/Deputat last year. But then they won every internal competition they entered, won junior nationals and were sent to worlds. If Li is really that good, she can progress the same route.

Country
Russia
Junior Ladies. SP 04 Sep, FS 05 Sep.

Top Five (FS Videos!)
1. Julia Lee - 152.69 (97.20 FS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZaTeaWRjI
2. Anna POGORILAYA - 152.44 (98.20 FS) JGPIV Subst, JGPVI Main http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbo9DJEG6xI
3. Maria Sotskova - 149.07 (93.39 FS) born 02 Apr 2000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82gWLEXNl4
4. Tatiana Fedoseeva 142.10 (94.84 FS)
5. Kristina ZASEEVA 141.38 (97.68 FS) JGPIII Subst, JGPIV Subst, JGPV Main, JGPVI Subst - bad SP (place 12 in SP, score 43.70), good FS (2 place in FS).

Also video of Elizaveta Yuschenko, born 06 Jan 2000, place 6, score 139.78 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMtdwRSTr84

Nikol GOSVIANI and Alexandra DEEVA - substitute entries to JGP.

Alexandra DEEVA - bad SP and FS. Place 18, score 120.56.

Nikol GOSVIANI - good SP (4 place after SP, score SP 54.19), bad FS. Place 13, score 130.43. SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdS1ESfMrik
SP is really nice (but we see mistake on spin).
Her dress is like Elene Gedevanishvili's past season (whos dress is known as "the fatty in a night dress" - not good, I believe, it makes her to look fat).

Country
Russia
so Julia Li has both Russian and Korean Citizenship ?
No. She is from Moscow, her father has Russian name Vladislav.
BTW, her coach from April 2012 is Eteri Tutberidse.

I think Julia Li is better so any chance she will replace Deeva or Gosviyani in JGP
Deeva and Gosviyani have only substitute entries.

Julia Li may be only for 7th event of JGP, for previous 6 entries are already given.
Probably, to 7th Event will be at least two skaters with 1 event and chance of final, they will be main pretenders for places at 7th event.

In Russia normal order is first to show good skating in season, be included in Team Russia (it may be at 12 years old or even at 10), and at next season to pretend to JGP Events.
It is a way of Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, Agafonova and Shershak, Lipnitskaia and Radinova, Greasimova and Titushkina.
For example, Radionova is in Team Russia from 10 years old.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Her spins aren't ready and her footwork sequence even had a little problem.
Also, her FS is awful IMO - really boring and doesn't capitalize on any of her strengths
Sotnikova's first GP event will be at 19 - 21 Oct, so there is a time of one and a half month.
We remember not ready Kostner at International Challenge Cup 2012, for half a month after that she became a World Champion.

Country
Russia
Shelepen and Korobeynikova both got 2nd GP.
Very good.

But we still want two more places at GP.
One for 2nd event for Biryukova (15th World Season Best), and one to move Korobeynikova to foreign event. In this case Maria Artemieva will have home event. She (born 11 Mar 1993) is one of only three too old for Juniors national-level female skaters. Not so good to pretend for Euro or Worlds, but nice. She has fans, she is in Team Russia for many years. So she deserves it.

Country
Russia
Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT - Katarina GERBOLDT has an injury. Because of this they will not take place in GP.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't really get all these "how horrible!" comments about Adelina's FS. It's quite obvious that she was skating just a layout of her prog without bothering to focus on the elements. It wasn't even a test skate. They will be later this month in Novogorsk. Adelina was in the wonderful shape at THE ICE and I am sure she is now too. The dress I believe is temporary since she used it for her EX in Japanese shows. So, for FS they will definitely make a new one. That yelling vocal is indeed unbearable, especially when it comes at the very beginning and the end, heavily spoiling the whole image. They do need to trash that voice out. But all the rest is just exclusive. It brings the feeling of luxury and extravagancy of 50s' English Riviera, like Agatha Cristie's Hotel Majestic. Burlesque is not about it at all, but Adelina's chic and elegance changed it entirely. The prog underlines her stunning sex appeal and feminine confidence.
You do people want one more some dull ice princess classic crap? I guess we had enough. Time to bring something new. :popcorn:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The program would be kinda okay if she had some actual choreography, right know there is hardly any until the footwork. Those spirals don't even make sense with the music. And the Christina parts are just horrid.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No. She is from Moscow, her father has Russian name Vladislav.
BTW, her coach from April 2012 is Eteri Tutberidse.

thanks, :) maybe she has Korean ancestry ? Li/Lee doesn't sound like typical Russian last name
Tutberidze's students are good jumpers: Shelepen, Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pitkeev and now her,
I hope Julia Lee stays with Tutberidze for a while, she might really continue to improve in the coming seasons.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I don't really get all these "how horrible!" comments about Adelina's FS. It's quite obvious that she was skating just a layout of her prog without bothering to focus on the elements. It wasn't even a test skate. They will be later this month in Novogorsk. Adelina was in the wonderful shape at THE ICE and I am sure she is now too. The dress I believe is temporary since she used it for her EX in Japanese shows. So, for FS they will definitely make a new one. That yelling vocal is indeed unbearable, especially when it comes at the very beginning and the end, heavily spoiling the whole image. They do need to trash that voice out. But all the rest is just exclusive. It brings the feeling of luxury and extravagancy of 50s' English Riviera, like Agatha Cristie's Hotel Majestic. Burlesque is not about it at all, but Adelina's chic and elegance changed it entirely. The prog underlines her stunning sex appeal and feminine confidence.
You do people want one more some dull ice princess classic crap? I guess we had enough. Time to bring something new. :popcorn:

Thanks for your comments.
I admit I thought I was watching a "test skate" of sorts because this thread is full of them.

Before anyone goes nuts on me - I love Adelina and have since I first saw her astonishing skating at the age of 12.

For the record 12 year olds don't usually impress me but Adelina definitly did.

I am not sure if can relate her new LP music to the type of "Grace Kelly/Cary Grant" elegance most Americans associate with the masterful 50's Hitchcock film "To Catch a Thief."

That was European glamour at it's best as opposed to Adelina's purely American music featuring some classic Euro skating choreo that did not seem to fit the music very well.......

BTW, I love the "Burlesque" program Adelina skated to in Japan this summer.

But as we have seen with Mao, having great exhibition programs from Tat is not the same as having great competitive programs for the CoP.

But hey.........it's early in the season and Adelina is probably still learning this new LP. Perhaps Tat is going to tweak it....not just next week but throughout the season depending on results.

I do think "Let's Talk" makes a good point - Adelina's new LP is different....... and all we saw was a practice run through.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think that people are really commenting on Adelina's skating on the video clip; I think it is more about how horrible the music sounds. In fact, not even the whole music, just the vocal bits in it.