2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

janetfan

Match Penalty
I don't think that people are really commenting on Adelina's skating on the video clip; I think it is more about how horrible the music sounds. In fact, not even the whole music, just the vocal bits in it.

Well let's be honest here hanca.

Adelina's skating on that clip looked as disconnected to the music as Mirai at her worst. Except Mirai at her worse can show much better spins.

The music is a matter of taste, no? ..

The choreo needs some major reconstructive tweaking for Adelina to have a chance this season.

hanca

Record Breaker
Well let's be honest here hanca.

Adelina's skating on that clip looked as disconnected to the music as Mirai at her worst. Except Mirai at her worse can show much better spins.

The music is a matter of taste, no? ..

The choreo needs some major reconstructive tweaking for Adelina to have a chance this season.

Janetfan, I wouldn't make a major drama of the fact that Adelina did not land a few jumps when it wasn't even in the competition and her nearest event is six weeks away. But the fact that we will have to endure this music for the whole season is a bit sad for me personally. If you like someone's skating, you don't really want to take fridge/toilet break every time when that skater skates, but this program has potential to empty the audience. I agree that the music is a matter of taste, but have you noticed that there is not that many people neither here nor on FSU who actually like this?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Janetfan, I wouldn't make a major drama of the fact that Adelina did not land a few jumps when it wasn't even in the competition and her nearest event is six weeks away. But the fact that we will have to endure this music for the whole season is a bit sad for me personally. If you like someone's skating, you don't really want to take fridge/toilet break every time when that skater skates, but this program has potential to empty the audience. I agree that the music is a matter of taste, but have you noticed that there is not that many people neither here nor on FSU who actually like this?

Actually...I don't mind the music (there is a time and place for everything)...it was the quality of skating and choreo as it failed to relate to the music I and so many others found objectionable

But I am sure it will be fixed up in the next few weeks.

I make a confession now......I have waited longer than many of you have been alive to finaly see a Russian lady skate with the "soul of Russia."

I am sure Adelina is the one...(IMO Irina NEVER came close) and labeling her purely American music as "English Riviera" feels like an excuse to me.

Adelina IMO is capable of so much more than a cheesey interpretation of second rate American Cool Jazz followed by Gospel tinged R&B arrangement we associate here more with Church revival music than high art.

Whatever...we will see what happens....and wishing Adelina the best this season.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Dobroskov: In America Davankova and Deputat fought for the Soviet flag

Sergey, how do you evaluate the performance of Davankova and Deputat in Lake Placid? By recording the impression that the problems that they were rolled in, due to the fact that over the summer Vasilisa grown.

- Indeed, because of the growth is a problem. In the preparatory period girl grew an inch, she broke a little coordination. Long jump and reduced emissions. Now with no issues, they are more stable, Vasilisa consults. But any program not to the extent rolled-in as required. Although such an early start, I think they did the best they could. What do I like this couple, it's the fact that they always get the most out of the situation. The short program was rolled over - they performed it in the first place. What I'm very pleased. Arbitrary rolled twice Novogorsk before, and here was the best hire. And I'm happy with this, but the fact that they skated ideal, so this we did not have time. We set the goal to skate program with all the complex elements. It was possible to simplify the problem by double instead of triple elements, and it would have looked easy and fast. But we went to the maximum and make the set of complex elements, which we will do in the future. Plus more in the long program instead of a double axel will triple jump. As planned, the guys in this season will be to roll the long program with two triple jumps.

- It seemed that the refereeing was pretty harsh against the junior world championship medalists.

- To be honest, yes. I was surprised when, in the short program, the children have put very little assessment of the components. Though they skated clean, and the audience greeted them perform well. Our judge at all "fallen", she set six, and the whole crew - five ... Is it because of what Joseph and Andrew first started, and the team took a level, and then the "dance" of their ratings. Points, then received generally low: the leaders of all 48, and then put everything else below.

- Below-it below, but for the four components of the North American pairs to put the assessment above.

- This is understandable. In America Stage Junior Grand Prix is ​​held once per two years. It is clear that there are trying their best to pull a pair of them to get to the final.

- The mood is not spoiled kids on this?

- No, they fought, even as it struggled. I'll tell you a story. We arrived in Lake Placid, before the short program came to warm up - and saw the Soviet flag, which is there since 1980, and since the Olympics. The whole, you know, a shabby, torn. And I say to the guys, look, it is necessary to try to get together to fight for our flag. The Americans saw this, captured on video - and see before any program is a new flag hanging. That is the flag of the Soviet Union, of course - but one torn, removed. I walked over to the referee and asked - why the flag changed? He answers, we felt ashamed that he is such a well-worn ... But on the contrary, I say, it's a battle flag! Though almost torn to shreds, faded, but our flag-molotkasto serpasto ...

- What further plans do you have?
- We will participate at the box office of the national team. Joseph and Andrei, will address the audience on 15 and 16 September. Now we have to go through acclimatization. I let Andrei in Kiev, he is with us still Ukrainian citizen, while Russian citizenship had not. U.S. visa he had, it would be well to get a Schengen. There is little Vasilisa hip pain. In general, will heal the wounds, and then start training Monday and Saturday-Sunday perform at the box office.

- At what stage of the Junior Grand Prix will still start guys?

- While plans Zagreb. This is the penultimate stage. But closer to him, after the stage in Austria, a look at the standings. Davankova and deputy have a real contender for the finals, so for purely tactical reasons, or go to Zagreb, or Dresden.

- Do you plan to address in adult competitions?

- Immediately after the Zagreb going to adjust to the adult program. Maybe go to a tournament in Nice, there is usually a very impressive structure. Since November, we will perform in the adult competition to be selected for the championship of Russia. The guys after a good set of elements. Junior short program with a double Axel and a double twist - it's not their level. If they do release it, flip, which was made in an arbitrary, then a short program will look at all very well.

- By the way, any of which program choreographers for guys put?

- Briefly put Nikolai Morozov. Its signature track adorns this program. He is with this track two weeks suffered. But it is really very dynamic, appropriate music. A random put Irina Zhuk. It should be noted that in the last season Davankovoy and a deputy in the program were mostly dash and elements. Because last season was the installation, it was important to show what we learned elements. This is all at a crossing on a bunch of guys ... and yet to be fully mastered. Start to the season, but all learned the chords, triple elements necessary to do more. But with each passing month, I think it will all be better and better, and by December, that is, for the final Grand Prix, for the championship of Russia - will be a good option. But not before. The second half of the season - this is our junior championship of Russia and the world championship. We have a plan to get into the Russian national team at senior championship, that is in the top six. Let us aspire to. Well, the junior will try to keep the flag high. Though he is torn, but still ours, dear! (Laughs).

http://rsport.ru/interview/20120904/614910526.html

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
That story about the flag is so interesting. Even if both of those skaters were born Post Soviet I am sure there is some knowledge of history and it had to be a little disturbing.

Country
Russia
By recording the impression...

More correct translation is "By video the impression...".

"she broke a little coordination" - more understandable "she broke coordination a little".

"Long jump and reduced emissions." - more correctly "Long time was needed to restore jumps and throws."

Briefly put Nikolai Morozov.

More correct translation is "Short Program put Nikolai Morozov".

A random put Irina Zhuk.

More correct translation is "Free Skating put Irina Zhuk".

"Korotkaya" (short form of "korotkaya programma") means "Short Program".
"Proizvolnaya" (short form of "Proisvolnaya programma") means "Free Skating".

There are also some other minor incorrectnesses.

Unfortunately, I have no time to translate, I translate very slowly because of my not very good English.

If somebody wants to know correspondence between English and Russian figure skating terms, may be recommended to use Communication 1724.
English version is at http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3589
Russian version at http://fsrussia.ru/news/263_odinochnoe-i-parnoe-katanie-kommyunike-1724/

Country
Russia
Feodosiy EFREMENKOV, born 19 Mar 1996.
Coach Alla Ivanova.
First National level competition - 2006/07 Zhuk-Y 2nd.
2011/12 - RusNat 15th RusYunNat 4th, Spartakiad of Youth 1st. Best Score National Level Competitions (Junior) 197.34.
Lands 8 triples in FS (including 3A twice). 3A+2T, 3F+3T. Spins 3 level, StSq 2 level (at most).
Member of Team Russia 2007/08 and from 2009/10 to now.

He is the second of russian Junior Men (after Maxim KOVTUN), Junior Men who were 1st and 2nd past season, now are not Juniors because of age.

His former coach and choreographer - Nikolai Morozov.
At summer was scandal with him and Kovtun (drinking, women and so), because of that they were kicked out from Morozov's group.

Photos - http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/119/photo/ (many photos)

Videos
SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvpQBcEvTs
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqPnNv6QMk
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srzACuKaZ0

ISU Bio http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012772.htm

Country
Russia
Maria VIGALOVA (born 29 Jun 1999) / Egor ZAKROEV (born 31 Dec 1993)
Coaches Valentina Tukova, Valeriy Tukov (male), Pavel Slusarenko, city of Perm.
In pair from 2010/11.
Results of 2011/12 RusNat - 10, RusYunNat - 4, Final of Cup of Russia (Senior) - 3, Spartakiad of Youth - 2.
Best Score of National-level competitions 150.60 (Final of Cup of Russia, Senior), 145.54 (RusYunNat, Junior).

We see - Maria VIGALOVA is almost youngest possible Junior of this season (youngest possible is that who was born 30 Jun 1999).

Photos http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image11273.jpg
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/751/photo/ http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1909/photo/ (many photos).

Videos
SP Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNBbq8gDCk
FS Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5kCvZqQDQ
FS RusYunNa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZBk_usZbzs

Next competition - 12-16 Sept JGP Linz, Austria.

hanca

Record Breaker
I like Maria's posture and flexibility. Obviously, they are still juniors and there is some work to be done, but this pair seems to me that they have 'it'; that thing that keeps your attention and make you watch it. I can't put a finger on what it is.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AlexRus, Do you know anything about Andrei LAZUKIN RUS who will be skating at JGP Linz. He has no ISU biography.

"Korotkaya" (short form of "korotkaya programma") means "Short Program".
"Proizvolnaya" (short form of "Proisvolnaya programma") means "Free Skating".

There are also some other minor incorrectnesses.

Unfortunately, I have no time to translate, I translate very slowly because of my not very good English.

If somebody wants to know correspondence between English and Russian figure skating terms, may be recommended to use Communication 1724.
English version is at http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3589
Russian version at http://fsrussia.ru/news/263_odinochnoe-i-parnoe-katanie-kommyunike-1724/

Thanks, AlexRus! I'll tell you, your English is a lot better than my French (the language I studied in the most detail). It's great to have some Russian speakers on GS to feed us information.

Country
Russia
Thanks, AlexRus! I'll tell you, your English is a lot better than my French (the language I studied in the most detail). It's great to have some Russian speakers on GS to feed us information.

If there would be Japanese language speaker for feeding information, I'd be really happy. If Chinese and Korean also - it would be more than it is possible to dream.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks, AlexRus, for the info. I must have typed Lazukin's name wrong in the thread search, because it did not come up.

If there would be Japanese language speaker for feeding information, I'd be really happy. If Chinese and Korean also - it would be more than it is possible to dream.

You don't even have to wish for it! There are several Japanese speakers. They've been very generous with translations of interviews and magazine articles, and also reports from the summer ice shows. There are also several speakers of Chinese languages we've heard from, and at least one or two Koreans. If you hunt around on some of the threads (such as the Daisuke Takahashi thread, the various threads devoted to YuNa, and the Patrick Chan thread--because he's been interviewed by Chinese-language media), I'm sure you'll find enjoyable tidbits of information.

hanca

Record Breaker
AlexRus, can you tell us more about Fedorova/Miroshkin? And also Davankova/Deputat, please.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
AlexRus, can you tell us more about Fedorova/Miroshkin? And also Davankova/Deputat, please.

I know some from Davankova/Deputat plans, they will go to their second JGP in Croatia as they have to settle their not so good performance in Lake Placid , they will then compete in a B International competition as Seniors ( maybe Coup de Nice ) in preparation for National Championships, their aim is Top 5-6 Placement at Senior Russian Championships in December.

hanca

Record Breaker
I know some from Davankova/Deputat plans, they will go to their second JGP in Croatia as they have to settle their not so good performance in Lake Placid , they will then compete in a B International competition as Seniors ( maybe Coup de Nice ) in preparation for National Championships, their aim is Top 5-6 Placement at Senior Russian Championships in December.

Top 5-6 place at Russian senior nationals will be really hard. I know that last year it was doable, but last year the top two pairs did not compete. As I see it, Volosozhar-Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov and Bazarova-Larionov will place above them for sure. So they are going to compete with Stolbova-Klimov, Gerboldt-Enbert, Martiusheva-Rogonov, Maisuradze with his new partner... Davankova and Deputat are good, but there is a very strong competition and it will depend on how the others deliver (or not deliver).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Top 5-6 place at Russian senior nationals will be really hard. I know that last year it was doable, but last year the top two pairs did not compete. As I see it, Volosozhar-Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov and Bazarova-Larionov will place above them for sure. So they are going to compete with Stolbova-Klimov, Gerboldt-Enbert, Martiusheva-Rogonov, Maisuradze with his new partner... Davankova and Deputat are good, but there is a very strong competition and it will depend on how the others deliver (or not deliver).

Gerbodlt/Enbert are injured and will be out for 2012-2013 season,
Maisuradze and his new partner ? I doubt a newly created partnership will really do well....
Nodari's new partner is a young girl but we still have to wait for the Russian Cup Series how they will do

the possible Top 1-4 at Russian Championships
are between Volosozhar Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov, Bazarova-Larionov, Stolbova-Klimov

so their direct competitor for 5-6th placement is Martiusheva-Rogonov who also have jump issues.

Davankova/Deputat did test skates today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlB1vABjUFQ&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=1&feature=plcp

schedule for Sept 15-16 test skates
Plushenko, Adelina, Volosozhar/Trankov and others will be there

Last edited: