TV Alert: Brian Boitano and Top Chef Masters tonight (8-8-2012) | Golden Skate

TV Alert: Brian Boitano and Top Chef Masters tonight (8-8-2012)

heyang

Record Breaker
Brian will be a guest judge on tonight's episode of Top Chef Masters on Bravo.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Awesome. He is such an an amazing champion. It is great to see he has other talents than skating

Last edited:

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
He might be the 'everyman' who judges the dishes. It's similar to having a fortuneteller or a newscaster as a judge in Iron Chef Japan. It's balance out the psychotic food critic judge.

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't know the names of most of the chef's.... the Asian female said that it seemed like Boitano knows food based upon what he was saying as he tasted each dish. I just wished he had stuck around longer to judge during the elimination challenge, too.

I did watch a few episodes of What Would Brian Boitano Make? There was one episode where he made dinner for Kristi and her family, including Bret, kids and parents. He also cooked for Yvonne Gomez, another former skater. I guess he couldn't get Michele to come before the series was over. The guy can cook!

Binthere

On the Ice
Nice lateral move by Brian into a realm which can showcase hard work and showmanship. Would be really exciting to have him prepare a meal as a fundraiser a skating fund or something which ties his passions together. When Maia Shibutani went to Washington DC for the dinner with Hillary Clinton she was happy with ?Brian Voltagio. Well, Brian Boitano can be the celebrity chef for the next big event!!

heyang

Record Breaker
Nice lateral move by Brian into a realm which can showcase hard work and showmanship. Would be really exciting to have him prepare a meal as a fundraiser a skating fund or something which ties his passions together. When Maia Shibutani went to Washington DC for the dinner with Hillary Clinton she was happy with ?Brian Voltagio. Well, Brian Boitano can be the celebrity chef for the next big event!!

I'd enjoy having a meal prepared by either Voltaggio brother or BB.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

In February of this year, Boitano was the chef for a fancy dinner party at Dick Button's house. Boitano sent out lots of tweets and photos as he prepared each course. I don't remember whether the dinner was a fundraiser, but I think it might have been. Some of the photos:

Another foodie alert:
Today Anastasia Cannuscio launched her new baking blog, "Iced Everything." http://icedeverything.blogspot.com/
Her intro says, "My partner Colin McManus usually bites the bullet and takes the job as taste tester."
Her first recipe is for Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Bark. The finished products look absolutely gorgeous!
(She's threatening to include healthier stuff in future ...)​

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I wish I had seen this! Does anyone know if Bravo posts videos once the season is over - I only found a photo gallery on their site. Thanks in advance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't know that they do, Emma. but I would assume that when the time comes for the season finale they'll rerun the entire season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think I saw him make some kind of chocolate mousse that looked so divine. I wish that his show was on a major network.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think I saw him make some kind of chocolate mousse that looked so divine. I wish that his show was on a major network.

His food network show would've been better if they just dealt with food and not a storyline... he was way over the nerd line lol