Caydee DENNEY/John COUGHLIN USA
Gretchen DONLAN/Andrew SPEROFF USA
Marissa CASTELLI/Simon SHNAPIR USA

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone know anything about Katarina KNEZEVIC of Serbia???

ETA: She appears to have been an ISU booboo. She is now not on the list.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think she must be going to compete on the JGP at Lake Placid, and someone at ISU made a booboo and stuck her in the Skate America list.

I really look forward to the men's competition. Hanyu has to be the favorite, but half the field is capable of medalling.

I will be rooting for ladies Marchei and Imai, and for dance Tobias and Stagniunas.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Why Tobias & Stagniunas? because they remained with Igor? Because they gave GS a great interview? Or because she's really cute (and so is he) Or some skating reason?

KKonas

Medalist
Why Tobias & Stagniunas? because they remained with Igor? Because they gave GS a great interview? Or because she's really cute (and so is he) Or some skating reason?

Probably because T&S are returning bronze medalists and train in the US. I question C&M as they just came out of Juniors. Would have preferred Chock & Bates as they only have one GP event and deserve better.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Why Tobias & Stagniunas? ... because she's really cute?
Doris, dont let my wife know about her, Madison Hubbell, Ashley Cain, or Gracie Gold!!!!!
I will never get to go to another skating event! :rofl:
Ah, to be young again!
Jennifer Wester, will you please come home.
OK, what's wrong with liking a skater or couple for their looks?
Is it shallow, or is it reality?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford
Ice dancers IsabellaTobias & Deividas Stagniunas (LTU) withdrew from SKAM due to injury. No replacement will be added, 2 close to event.
3:22 PM - 11 Oct 12​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adelina Sotnikova & coach Elena Vodorezova training at Detroit Skating Club for the 10 days prior to Skate America
1:56 PM - 12 Oct 12​

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ice dancers IsabellaTobias & Deividas Stagniunas (LTU) withdrew from SKAM due to injury. No replacement will be added, 2 close to event.
3:22 PM - 11 Oct 12​
OUCH! Too bad....I wanted to see their "Oklahoma!" SD. Heal fast folks and come back.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Just a reminder that Evan Lysacek has been replaced by Armin Mahbanoozedah, and Dube / Wolfe have been replaced by Danielle MONTALBANO / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI of Israel, and Tobias / Stagniunas have been scratched off the list (no replacement announced, from what I can tell).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just a reminder that Evan Lysacek has been replaced by Armin Mahbanoozedah, and Dube / Wolfe have been replaced by Danielle MONTALBANO / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI of Israel, and Tobias / Stagniunas have been scratched off the list (no replacement announced, from what I can tell).
Thank you for this. Didnt know about Dube and Wolfe.....will change my program I made. I will be sorry not to see her....I was there in the arena when she was hurt and have always had a soft spot for her.
(OK, Doris, version 3.0 of the program is coming to you via e-mail in a few minutes. Maybe we get to see Kyoko Ina. )

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
David king just put on face book that he and stacy kemp have withdrawn due to a knee injury to Stacy. He says they hope to be better by Skate Canada.

Country
Russia
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121018/624131255.html (Russian)
Translation:
Leonova's delay on Skate America won't prevent preparation - the manager
17:34 18.10.2012
MOSCOW, 18 окт - RIA Novosti news agency, Andrey Simonenko.
The manager of the Russian figure skater Alena Leonova Sofia Emelyanenko declared to R-Sport agency that late arrival of the skater on the first event of the Grand Prix, the Skate Americat, won't affect her preparation.

Leonova planned to arrive to Kent (suburb of Seattle) where will pass competitions, on Wednesday evening. However the vice-world champion more long than the planned reached from Connecticut where cshe had training camp for acclimatization, to New York and was late aboard the plane on which planned to take off for Seattle.

"Leonova will arrive to a place of Event on Thursday evening (in the morning on Friday Moscow time), - told to Emelyanenko to the correspondent "R-sports". - This delay won't affect her preparation because on Thursday planned the day of the rest".

The short program of Ladies will be on Saturday, October 20. Beginning at 12.30 local time (23.30 Moscow time).

gmyers

Record Breaker
I was like "weir in Torino?" hope being late is not too bad for her medaling chances.