Salt Lake City Senior B (Int'l Figure Skating Classic) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Salt Lake City Senior B (Int'l Figure Skating Classic)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Since USFS protocols are a pain:

As to G&P, Paul had a stumble early in the step sequence, leading to a low tech score.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68401/results.html

From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were

Chock / Bates TES 32.33 PCS 30.56 Total 62.89
Kriengkrairut / Giuletti Schmitt TES 29.17 PCS 27.32 Total 56.49
Gilles / Poirier TES 29.33 PCS 26.65 Total 55.98
Paul / Islam TES 30.83 PCS 25.03 Total 55.86
Heekin/Canedy / Dun TES 23.16 PCS 25.98 Total 49.14
Jones/Sharpe TES 24.16 PCS 20.01 Total 43.17
O'Brien/Merriman TES 21.83 PCS 21.14 Total 42.97
Cannuscio / McManus TES 20.17 PCS 21.93 Total 42.10
Plutowska / Gerber TES 22.67 PCS 19.32 Total 41.99

The top four teams made the TES requirement for the SD for Worlds, Europeans & Four Continents (29.00 points)
All the teams made the TES requirement for the SD for Europeans & Four Continents (19.00 points) & Junior Worlds (17.00 points)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As to G&P, Paul had a stumble early in the step sequence, giving them only level 2 on the midline step. It wasn't a great outing for them. They looked a bit nervous, perhaps to be expected for their international debut.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68401/results.html

From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were

Chock / Bates TES 32.33 PCS 30.56 Total 62.89
Kriengkrairut / Giuletti Schmitt TES 29.17 PCS 27.32 Total 56.49
Gilles / Poirier TES 29.33 PCS 26.65 Total 55.98
Paul / Islam TES 30.83 PCS 25.03 Total 55.86

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Thanks doris... It is reassuring that an international panel seems to have a bit more common sense than the panel at last year's Nationals..and if these scores are inflated , it's probably across the board..between the FDs these two couples showed at Thornhill..I think P/I's is a much better , more balanced program , so I'll be interested to see what this panel thinks.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
BTW, Icenetwork has the KnC wired and you could hear the people talking there. Gilles & Poirier mentioned the stumble, but were happy the final lift worked (apparently they had had difficulties with it earlier). They seemed overall satisfied with their score.

However, while Madison Chock takes the cake for bad dress of the year (at least in earlier voting) she has the excuse that it is a circus program.

Piper Gilles' Mary Poppins in a Bo Peep skirt with a tango corset is well up there, though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From the protocols (you have to hit the + sign to open them up) Tech scores were ...

Doris, not sure whether you realize the following:

If you do not want to bother clicking on a separate "+" sign for each skater or team to see protocols one by one, then click on the link at the top for "Judge detail scores".
That link will take you to one long listing with almost all of the same protocol information for all skaters/teams strung together.

Example: if you are on the SD results page -- http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68401/CAT004SEG009.html -- then click on "Judge detail scores" at the top to take you to http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68401/SEGM009.html.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
golden411, Yes I knew that.

What annoys me is that what is on the summary page is just the total score. I go back and forth about whether it is more of a pain to hit the global plus or the plus per skater.

Mysticchic

Rinkside
With about 9 to skate in the Sr ladies here are the scores (unofficial)
Place
Start No. Name Score
1 10 Agnes ZAWADZKI, USA 65.24
2 9 Gracie GOLD, USA 59.37
3 6 Amelie LACOSTE, CAN 59.14
4 2 Isadora WILLIAMS, BRA 39.45
5 4 Melissa BULANHAGUI, PHI 38.19
6 5 Ana Cantu FELIX, MEX 33.57
7 7 Ami PAREKH, IND 31.11
8 1 Georgia GLASTRIS, GRE 30.09
9 8 Clara PETERS, IRL 29.57
10 3 Yamada SUMIKA, HGK 28.50

pista04

On the Ice
Interesting to see Gold, the girl that USFS has been seemingly holding up to show erryone, quite far behind Zawadski....

janetfan

Match Penalty
Interesting to see Gold, the girl that USFS has been seemingly holding up to show erryone, quite far behind Zawadski....

When Agnes hits her SP she is not so easy to beat. Remember last season at Natls?

65 is a pretty good score for this early in the season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie did a 2-2 instead of her 3-3 otherwise she'd be right there with Agnes. Lets see who lays down a good LP.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

As others pointed out she did a 2-2. But she did a great Rippon 3Z afterwards. And Lynn Rutherford noted that she had a TON of speed, so that likely help her score as well. It's pretty noteworthy she still got a 59 something and beat Amelie Lacoste, who did a 3F-2T, 3Lo, 2A.

I get the sense that Gracie was so eager to do her program she rushed the jump a bit. That was probably the biggest 2F-2T I've seen ever. I'm confident that this will be a one-time thing. I"d be interested to see the protocals.

But I agree Jammers, the FS will tell the tale. Agnes has historically not done well in the FS. And Gracie has a huge BV planed with a 3Z-3T and a 3F-1L-3S.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its might be to much for her to beat some of these girls who are more experienced this early in the season. But if she can keep it together that is half the battle. To many top US girls in the last few years haven't shown enough fight in them.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Its asking to much for her to beat some of these girls who are more experienced this early in the season. But if she can keep it together that is half the battle.

I don't think it is asking too much to hope for a clean program.....

I will also be happy if Agnes finaly skates a very good LP.

I like both of these girls.......maybe I have higher hopes for Gracie but still it is nice to see Agnes off to a strong start.

As to the "hype".....IMO there is not enough interest in USA in skating .....let alone too much hype.

Go Gracie, Go Agnes....good luck to both in the LP.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just looked at the protocols. Gracie got level 4 on ALL her non-jump elements including the step sequence. Plus she got some major +GOE on them. She beat Agnes in non-jump elements by 2.59 points. That explains why she had a decent score despite the huge mistake.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ironic that Gracie's jumps let her down of all things. But the judges like her overall skills it seems.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
The "thanks America for hosting this competition" bonus may have also kicked in a little. It sounds like Lacoste skated better than Gold today, yet she's behind by a bit.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The "thanks America for hosting this competition" bonus may have also kicked in a little. It sounds like Lacoste skated better than Gold today, yet she's behind by a bit.

Gold lost 7.2 points (BV of 3-3 is 9.4 vs 3.1 for 2F-2T plus -.9 GOE) by not doing the 3-3. It was a costly mistake.

In the end, the jump BV was 12.73 for Gracie 15.51 for Amelie. Jump with GOE was 10.97 for Gracie vs 17.68. So Amelie wins with a 6.71 margin.

But besides that jump mistake, Gracie was solid on the rest of her program -- goes to show why fighting after a mistake is important. As a result, Gracie had nonjump elements of 16.80 while Amelie had nonjump elements of 14.2, a 2.60 point lead.

One could argue that home territory bonus came in PCS where Gracie beat Amelie by 2.14 points. However, when you at the program as a whole, the mistake didn't really have an impact on the PCS categories. She had great speed throughout, lots of transitions and decent choreography. In fact, if you didn't know what was required, that 2-2 really didn't interrupt the flow of the program that much.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Amélie Lacoste ‏@melipetit
Woohoo!! 59 points ! Ça commence bien le début de la saison!:) pic.twitter.com/qeuSWqYU
1:04 PM - 14 Sep 12

Agnes Zawadzki ‏@agneszawadzki
Beyond excited with the way I skated!! Hope everyone loves the program! It's one of my favorites ;) thanks for all the support! Much love ❤
1:49 PM - 14 Sep 12

Haven't seen any tweets yet from Gold reacting to today's skate.

And don't see an article by Lynn Rutherford on IN yet. Meanwhile, here is a series of tweets from ‏@LynnRutherford:

LaCoste's biggest goal coming to SLC was to gain the ISU minimum required TES for worlds, and she did that in her short, earning 31 TES.
12:51 PM - 14 Sep 12

@zhonnika She is a happy camper, said this was her best in quite a while. Loved the deep-into-the-ice footwork choreographed by PCamerlengo.
12:54 PM - 14 Sep 12

Gracie Gold takes the lead with 59.38, despite what looked to me like a double-double conbination. Live, her speed is incredible.
1:12 PM - 14 Sep 12

Gold not worried by double/double in her Hernandos Hideaway short, said she just rushed the take-off.
1:30 PM - 14 Sep 12

As for Zawadzki, her 65.24 is higher than any international short program score earned by a U.S. lady since Nagasu at the 2010 worlds.
1:33 PM - 14 Sep 12

This one refers to Gold:
@Elsk8tefan Agreed. Lots of personality and sass out there, handled the mambo footwork section well. Impressive from Agnes & Amelie as well.
1:47 PM - 14 Sep 12​

ETA:
Skatebuzz has USFSA's quotes from Zawadzki, Gold, Lacoste, and American and Canadian pairs teams after their skates today:
http://www.skatebuzz.ca/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=a3f61002-e430-49ab-9f43-3feeac675cd6
[Although the original source is USFSA, I've seen these only on Skatebuzz?]

Last edited: