Best looking Olympians | Golden Skate

Best looking Olympians

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think brunette win with Catalina Ponor and Hope Solo. Adorable goes to Gabby

Ryan Lochte is pretty hot. He is headed for The Bachelor - though he isn't likely to propose I think.

:rolleye: 25 Broken hearted women-good TV!

very funny, skateluvr!

Tom Davis, the young British diver, is apparently so popular in Britain that he's like an extra member of the pop group First Edition. What a smile!

Lochte's definitely on my list, though when it comes to interviews, I'd rather listen to Michael Phelps, who's very articulate, while Lochte in conversation can best be described as an amiable surfer dude.

I like Ponor and Solo, definitely. And isn't Hope Solo's name beautiful? Gabby's got a great smile, and she has an amazingly expressive face as well. I think Jordyn Wieber has a lovely strong face.

Hey, let's not forget Zara Phillips, Princess Anne's daughter. She's quite stunning, probably the best-looking of that royal generation.

A lot of the soccer and volleyball ladies looked great as they flew by.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Too many to list but I would say.......

Son Yeon Jae is so cute it should be illegal. I think she is great besides being a pioneer for the sport in her country.

Gabby has the golden smile and like Olga Korbut she has a natural charisma. Great to hear she has her eyes set on Rio.

Mustafina had the diva stare down of the games. Michelle and Yuna may have skated to "Scheherazade" but the alluring Aliya IS Scheherazade.

Alex Morgan, not just the fastest girl in women's soccer but also a tremendous player is a natural beauty, the prototypical American "girl next door."

The bubbly Missy "the missile" Franklin appeared to be one of the happiest athletes I saw at the games. If she continues for several more Olympics I see a medal haul approaching that of Phelps.

I liked the British girl Jessica Enis, truly one of the best athletes at the games. After seeing sign after sign that simply read
"OUR JESS" I was reminded of Cathy Freeman and couldn't help cheering for Jess too.

ETA:
Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder I will add Kyla Ross - the youngest of the "Fierce Five".
I was curious about her ethnicty and read she is part Japanese, Filipina, Puerto Rican and African American.

The end result is that she is 100% American besides being cute as a button.
Her 15.1 on the balance beam was a decisive moment during the team event.

How can I forget to mention the incomparable "Nadeshiko" the girls from the Japanese soccer team who have a beautiful style of play and collectively showed us the true meaning of grace and sportsmanship.

If we are talking "Olympics" then in an age of cynicism nothing is more beautiful to me.

From Wiki:
"Nadeshiko is a floral metaphor, combining the words Yamato, an ancient name for Japan, and nadeshiko, a delicate frilled pink carnation called dianthus superbus, whose kanji translate into in English as "wild, pink".

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Interesting Janetfan. And anything pink is beautiful. pink carnations, pink roses. I wish I could splurge on pink, with green accents bouquets. Japan makes so much beauty from food preparation to the traditional houses we se on TV. It seems a country well worth visiting, esp since they have the best skaters in the world now, imho, with exceptions of course.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Lolo is very photogenic. She did many ads and photo shoots but she didn't get any medal.

Gabby is so cute!

Too many handsome male athletes. I don't even know who to name.

Lolo is very photogenic. She did many ads and photo shoots but she didn't get any medal.

Gabby is so cute!

Too many handsome male athletes. I don't even know who to name.

It would be nice if one or two of them knew my name. (Sorry...couldn't resist.)

As Janetfan says, Gabby has natural charisma, very much like Olga Korbut. She also reminds me a bit of Tara Lipinski: upbeat, smart, determined.