Russian National Team Skating Trials | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Russian National Team Skating Trials

calica

Final Flight
As for Evgeni's LP, what is the program? :confused: Is this really Miyamoto's Romeo+Juliet?? Or, the other LP choreo done by Camerlengo???
:

No, miyamoto. Mishin and Evgeni t said that the program that miyamoto did to them they did not like.

The Plushenko´FS is SOOO horrible.... The first two minutes are soporific, and the last parts it is ridiculous.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ No they didnt say anything about RJ program, where and to who did they say this about Miyamoto if you have a source please.

Interview of Plush, video and translation:

-I have a few SP and FS. I sometimes skated one program at a test skate and a different one in competitions. So, It's possible that at competitions you will see another FS.

- My health is fine, I feel well. It's good that I was operated last season. They put some tupes in my spinal, "burn" nerves (I was sleeping under drugs at that moment) and then for 4 dyas they injected some liquid in my spinal.
-( about competitons) I don't need GP events. My main goal is OG 2014. Soon I'll take part in Japan Open. It's like GP for me (in the sense of competitors I assume- *letsy). Then I'll skate at RN, then if things are fine- at EC, and if I can- at WC, maybe at WTT. You know, guys who are 18-20yo they need GP to skate themselvs out. I don't need it. GP is not a "title" event. Well, of course it's an opportunity to earn some cash. But I am not skating for money now. I skate to enjoy this special atmosphere. I am well-off enough in financial sense. The most important now- don't get injuried, the main target- Sochi 2014. At the same- to skate at EC and maybe at Worlds. (about Worlds- 2013)- I don't know now, we'll see. Maybe I'll go, as well as to WTT.

-Health is my main current concern. My another coach V. Balykin is working hard on that. We were two weeks in Italy and there besides FS training I played golf for 6 hours a day. Golf helps me a lot to relax, to calm down, it's a good focus-game, a lot of walking, for 10-15 km. We are working seriously on my physical conditions and now I am satisfied with the result.

- (about comebacks, with the smile) You know, I wouldn't mind if Alexei Yagudin and Timothy Geobel return, and all the rest. I am just doing my job. I am happy that Johnny is back, it's a great move of him that will give a good wave of interest to figure skating. When Lysacek is back, when I see him at cmpetitions, then I'll tell he did a great thing either.

- (on the quetions that media there is writing that Lysacek wants to beat Plush on the Russian territory, with the irony) You know, I feel indifferent what they write about me. I see the ice in front of him, I have 4S to land, as well as two 4T and two 3A and other stuff to skate. That is what I am thinking about. And what they write is their problem. I don't care.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
No, miyamoto. Mishin and Evgeni t said that the program that miyamoto did to them they did not like.
Excuse me, sweetheart but your source is? People said that they said and blah-blah... and no source. Darling, that's libel, and the names of at least three people involved. I admire you folks! :biggrin:
No reliable source in the internet mentions what your said. Actually, no source at all, only gossips in rumours on other boards.

The video interview that Plu gave after Test Skate is on youtube and I posted the English translation on the Plu thread. Enjoy. No word about Miyamoto at all. He said that they have a few FS and a few SP. It's a norm for him to skate different programs and it's possible that he will skate another prog at competitions. I personally think that Kenji stuff they stashed for Sochi. But as you see I say it's my guess only. I don't say they said it like you do. :p

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

The Plushenko´FS is SOOO horrible.... The first two minutes are soporific, and the last parts it is ridiculous.

What? Where did you read this? What you said is "unreal" (I can say another word) my firend. But i understand why you said this, of course.... I can see how are born bad things about Plushy..
:biggrin:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I like Adelina's LP much better after seeing the new clip.

I agree that she "skates big" whether it is her jumps, bodyline and extensions and certainly her expression.

Hope she stays healthy and has a great season.

One week ago this program was awful here :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
One week ago this program was awful here :laugh:

Many thought so, me included. But then it was pointd out that all we saw the first time was a practice run through.

Adelina skated it much better this time and it looks like we saw more choreo added....some of it subtle but enough to get a better idea of how this LP will look when it is polished and a costume added, etc.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. sky_fly20, the most innovative team currently out there is S/S. Robin's inexpressive? No, he's not. Look at his sense of impish play in Pink Panther. Look at how he conveys such powerful sadness in Pina during the spiral sequence. No, he's not over the top emo dramatic like V/T, but they certainly express themselves very well. And they actually have wall-to-wall choreography in their programs. I can understand being detached from their programs, mainly because they are so innovative (and why we see the same warhorses over and over again as opposed to genuine inspiration), though.

2. That stated, I do think V/T's programs do take a page from S/S/S' books, particular the long. The extended exits from the lifts. Attempting to do footwork before the triple twist (attempting at this point). More transitions (not at S/S' level, by any means, but they no longer should be scoring two or three points less there). The even if it's sparse, the SP is certainly quite hot. I'll withold judgement of the LP until it's done more cleanly, but even now I'd argue that these two programs are better than anything they've done before, but would probably rank outside S/S' top five. Also, have V/T's skating skills improved? Because they looked better in that department than I've seen before.

3. Stolbova/Klimov are, however, the Russian team doing some fantastic choreographic work. Love them, and they've improved over the off season. I really hope they can pip B/L for the third spot.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Since when he went for 4S in the actual program?

Oops! :eek: What I wanted to say was...
"When was the last time Evgeni went for 4S in the actual program? In recent years, he went for either two 4T or just one 4T, right?"

My English is this bad! You see? ;) Sorry. :laugh:

And thanks everyone for letting me know his program at test skate wasn't Miyamoto's nor Camerlengo's. Who did the choreo, then? Anyone knows?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Oops! :eek: What I wanted to say was...
"When was the last time Evgeni went for 4S in the actual program? In recent years, he went for either two 4T or just one 4T, right?"

My English is this bad! You see? ;) Sorry. :laugh:
I don't remember 4S from Plushy, at least not since 1998... Maybe he practiced it over the years, but it wasn't stable so they chose not to try it in competition but, now, they realized that "just" the 4T is not enough! :laugh: I didn't like V/T, artistically nor technically, their elements are really not ready, with this kind of shape they would be surely behind S/S! The program... :think: the music is good, but I think it doesn't suit them really well, they maybe wanted to try something different, we'll see what they can do with it! And, my English is as bad as yours!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
deedee1 said:
No worries, my friend. I'm another one of that few people.
Loved Adelina's LP. Yes, much MUCH better than last year's Liebestraum!
But overall choreo (and her opening pose) somehow reminds me of Dai's Klook. Who did her choreo, Madame Tarasova?

Glad to read that! It's as always nice to read your posts ;)
And I thought the same about the resemblence with Blues for Klook. Just going to show that Adelina has great taste :biggrin:
Tarasova did the SP, as far as I know. And somewhere someone said the FS was done by someone else - but without any source, so I guess we just don't know by now.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Glad to read that! It's as always nice to read your posts ;)
And I thought the same about the resemblence with Blues for Klook. Just going to show that Adelina has great taste :biggrin:
Tarasova did the SP, as far as I know. And somewhere someone said the FS was done by someone else - but without any source, so I guess we just don't know by now.
Tarasova wouldn't choreograph something for Adelina that it's not classical :biggrin: Just look at Adelina-TAT's programs: Strauss waltzes-introduction and rondo capriccioso-bolero-liebestraume-spanish capriccio... And then burlesque?! Almost Impossible!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FSGMT said:
Tarasova wouldn't choreograph something for Adelina that it's not classical Just look at Adelina-TAT's programs: Strauss waltzes-introduction and rondo capriccioso-bolero-liebestraume-spanish capriccio... And then burlesque?! Almost Impossible!

Sounds plausible!:yes:
And I do like the thought of Adelina trying out other choreographers too.
Did Tarasova still choreograph Adelinas Burlesque Ex she skated at the Ice?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Does anybody know what the current situation is with Julia Lipnitskaya? Hope she has not been injured.