Great Food Truck Race | Golden Skate

Great Food Truck Race

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I love this show...and this year there's a team from Wasilla Alaska!!!! OMG!

There is? Goody! I have the show on TV right now while I'm writing work assignments. I'll root for Wasilla.

I watched while doing homework, so I can't tell you what happened. How is Team Wasilla faring?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well they played a little dirty IMO this week and barely squeaked by. Didn't make Alaska look good this week.

heyang

Record Breaker
The Korean sausage, Pizza and Nonna's kitchen seem to be the front runners right now.

Pop A Waffle would've been gone if they hadn't won immunity. They must've had either bad location and/or bad pricing because cost of making waffles is low compared to what the other trucks are offering.

The Aussie bbq babes really exemplefied how much pricing can make a difference. If they had priced their burgers at $10 instead of 8, they would've beat the Alaska team. They also could've made their burgers smaller to lower their costs per burger.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the Barbies were a hot mess...

and while pasta is big up here, I'm not seeing what's "Alaskan" about team Wasilla... it's also hard for her to sell "Alaskan" when she has an obvious non-Alaskan accent :laugh:

heyang

Record Breaker
the Barbies were a hot mess...

and while pasta is big up here, I'm not seeing what's "Alaskan" about team Wasilla... it's also hard for her to sell "Alaskan" when she has an obvious non-Alaskan accent :laugh:

LOL - I doubt many of us in the lower 48 would realize she doesn't have an Alaskan accent.

Good point! The only Alaskan most of us have ever heard is Sarah Palin, and I can't make assumptions about accents based on one person. Is she typical, Toni? I especially notice the hard r's, which I associate with a lot of places in the upper tier states--even as far east as Michigan. Anyway, isn't Alaska one of those places that a lot of people move to? So it would have a lot of people who bring their own accents along for the ride. Like Los Angeles, New York, or Miami.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, Sarah's family is from the Northern Midwest of the US. We don't have a distinct accent up here. The AK Food Truck Lady sounds like she has a light southern accent to me...

Most Alaskans that grow up here end up matching whatever accent we're talking to...

Last edited:
So you're saying I was right about the hard r. Wow, I've been working with phonics for entirely too long!