Ladies SP JGP Courchevel 2012 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Courchevel 2012

Country
Russia
It's really early but it looks like we will see a big battle of Lipnitskaya and Radionova at junior worlds this year.
Diffrernce in age between them is only half a year (Radionova 06 Jan 1999, Lipnitskaia 05 Jun 1998).
Radionova has more complex jumps, but Lipnitskaya has better PCS, better spins, better stability.
Radionova has progress, but Lipnitskaia also doesn't sit on her back, her jumps this season will be more complex.

At Junior Nationals (Feb 2012) Radionova had 178.94, Lipnitskaia 191.92.

Who will be better at new season - nobody knows.

Country
Russia
I said monster score in a good way :) Over 60 points on the JGP debut is quite impressive and only a handful of skaters managed that. I am absolutely sure she skated very very well and that is a deserved score. I can't wait to watch her program.
Yes, I understood that in good way.

But we in Russia know, that about 60 is her usual score for SP in Junior competitions of 2011/12.

Over 60 points on the JGP debut had Sotnikova at 2010 and Lipnitskaia at 2011.

58.93 - Caroline Jang at 2006. And I believe - some other skaters.

Country
Russia
Yeah, Russian girls are mind blowing the last few years. And it's not going to stop because next year Medvedeva, Sakhanovich and Ogorelsteva will be old enough for JGP
Also Alsu Kajumova. Her level is closer to Titushkina than Radiovova, but isn't Titushkina interesting?

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
So, we can almost say that she had won this competition. There is 8 pts difference between her and Titushkina. Now I wonder whether Vanessa can climb up to second place. I wish Titushkina doesn't lose her place and take advantage for the JGPF. But on the other side Vanessa is a really good skater and she deserves final, too.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So, we can almost say that she had won this competition. There is 8 pts difference between her and Titushkina. Now I wonder whether Vanessa can climb up to second place. I wish Titushkina doesn't lose her place and take advantage for the JGPF. But on the other side Vanessa is a really good skater and she deserves final, too.

I'm almost certain Ashley Cain will be on the podium also
Lam has been a bit of a headcase since last season
Titushkina, not sure if she can hold her standing in the LP

oleada

Record Breaker
Let's not forget Rika Hongo.

I think the silver and bronze medals are up for grabs, with Ulyana and Rika having the advantage of being ahead after the SP, and having more difficult technical content. Of course, Lam & Cain have experience.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Let's not forget Rika Hongo.

I think the silver and bronze medals are up for grabs, with Ulyana and Rika having the advantage of being ahead after the SP, and having more difficult technical content. Of course, Lam & Cain have experience.

Yes Rika has the same chance with Uliana now. Their scores are almost equal. Zhao and Choi may have chance if the others bomb.

Btw, the little Japanese girl Yura Matsuda tried 3Lo+3Lo but first is underrotated, second is downgraded. She also looks so promising for the next seasons.

mskater93

Record Breaker
It's really early but it looks like we will see a big battle of Lipnitskaya and Radionova at junior worlds this year.
If Lipnitskaia actually DOES skate her SGP events, based on the forward and back rule, she can't go to JWs this year.

Irishflip

On the Ice
Wow 61.15, a huge score for Radionova, unfortunately I think she was over scored. The 3Lz-3T combination was great but I wasn't impressed by her steps into the flip(too simple for junior standard) plus she rushed her movements and the edges were shallow and messy in her step sequence with uncontrolled arms. Also there's basically no choreography in that program. I also feel that she wasn't as down in her knees as she could be. Decent transitions through a good portion of the program though. I fear this will go the route of Julia, with massive, over-inflated scores being flung at her. :think: Also it should be interesting to see who gets second and third here :popcorn:

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
I disagree. I thought she showed good edges in her turns. She also had very good speed and ice coverage for a person her age and size. All of this combined with excellent technical content (not just the jumps, but the spins, too!). She also has that It factor that is hard to quantify, and is a very expressive and engaging performer.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow 61.15, a huge score for Radionova, unfortunately I think she was over scored. The 3Lz-3T combination was great but I wasn't impressed by her steps into the flip(too simple for junior standard) plus she rushed her movements and the edges were shallow and messy in her step sequence with uncontrolled arms. Also there's basically no choreography in that program. I also feel that she wasn't as down in her knees as she could be. Decent transitions through a good portion of the program though. I fear this will go the route of Julia, with massive, over-inflated scores being flung at her. :think: Also it should be interesting to see who gets second and third here :popcorn:

I think only the Flip, this is her weakest edging and she mostly bends her knees on landing the flip, the other jumps were good especially the 2A, also I think the choreography was a bit messy because she added so many spin combinations ( her 2012 nationals had simpler step sequences but you an see she has good musicality and is fast on the ice) , her spins are good well not as super fast like Julia's but way better with her spins than when Tukt competed as a junior.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
If Lipnitskaia actually DOES skate her SGP events, based on the forward and back rule, she can't go to JWs this year.
This rule doesn't exist for ISU events.
It was in a project of changes for Rule 108, but isn't in solutions of 54th Congress ISU.

So no limits of such kind.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Communication 1723 has a provisions that says a skater who is age elibgible for Juniors but has competed in at least 2 Senior ISU events is ineligible for Junior events. To me, that means SGP events = no JWs.

Country
Russia
Communication 1723 has a provisions that says a skater who is age elibgible for Juniors but has competed in at least 2 Senior ISU events is ineligible for Junior events. To me, that means SGP events = no JWs.
It was only collection of pojects of changes. Some were were approved others not. This was not.

See "Special Regulations & Technical Rules" changed after Congress http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,4844-206192-223415-177357-0-file,00.pdf
Rule 108.